Step 1 Sole Source Cami's Diary

Weighed in today and lost 2lb since i saw my CDC last as she was in hospital last week so i didn't weigh. Am pretty happy with that and now only have 3lb to get off of the 7 i put on!

Spoke to her about the worry of the weight going back on easily and you were spot on Tizzy :) am being goooood until Friday when i graduate then going to eat and drink Friday evening til Sunday! Then back on it again on Monday until Christmas.. take Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Back on it. Celebrate the New Year in style as it's my turn not to have the kids for New Years Eve!! Then back on it until i get to my goal.

I'm so excited and feel confident that i can do this until i reach goal. Monday was really tough getting back on track and my other half has been so supportive and yesterday was a lot easier. I was going to knock our my meal but glad i didn't as i think i would have failed big time. That meal makes all the difference, although need to think of other ways and flavours to cook my chicken!!! Am loving my soft boiled eggs with asparagus to dunk in them... Any other recipe ideas would be greatly received!

How is everyone else doing? xxx

Congratulations!!!
In the weeks I am supposed to have a meal, I've been having spinach salad with hardboiled eggs and/or turkey filets; celery stalks with tuna; turkey filets with brussel sprouts; egg salad; cottage cheese with berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)... boring, but I enjoy! :p

Well i had my Graduation on Friday and had a fab day. Have eaten what i wanted for 3 whole days and put on 12lb!!! WTF!!! :break_diet:I ate 3 meals a day.. yes i had cooked breakfast each morning lol! I had lunch and an evening meal. I also had copious amounts of alcohol! And just one bar of chocolate! Yes am absolutely gutted i've put on the weight but i am also really excited to get back on the diet tomorrow!!! Just hope this 12lb drops off :eek:

It's a strange feeling actually as i felt totally out of control and am looking forward to the 'regiment' of the diet tomorrow.

PA100693.JPG

Thought i'd add a pic of me in my robes!! lol!!

And also another couple for another shot of how i'm doing, coz boy do those robes make me look big lol!! And of course one including my gorgeous man who i have enjoyed having home for a whole 10 days!!!

P9230658.JPGPA080671.JPG

Hope everyone is doing well! And hope this diary actually helps others too... as it sure helps me just by writing it!

xxx

Hi Cami - congratulations on your graduation!!! You're looking quite smart there in your robes! And with the hubby!

Between the food and alchohol with a 12lb gain I think your body hung on to everything - did you drink a lot of water? I have just had my Thanksgiving weekend - loads of cooking, loads of eating iwth friends, loads of drinking - and I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. Most of what I had was fairly healthy - except for the pies and ice cream and wine and.... but like you I'm back on tomorrow and will work on losing 7lbs by the end of the year - should be do-able!

Hang in there - your 12lbs and whatever I've gaine will come right off if we stick to CD and do it properly!

No i didn't drink much at all.. apart from alcohol! lol!!!

Got on the scales this morning and already down 5lb! Not quite sure how but hey.. i'll take that lol!

If i can stick to it during the week and be a bit naughty during the weekend until the new year i'll be happy!

We'll soon lose our added extras Tizzy ;)

xxx

Well i'm shocked and stunned as this morning i weighed and have lost all the weight i put on during my graduation celebrations... all 12lb! I really can't believe it! And am very very happy :D

Yay! Congratulations you!!!

Well done Cami - that's great news, you can breathe a sigh of relief

Well back on track now!

Had a few functions etc so been hit and miss. But when i have been off the diet i have found it easy to get back on it again!

I have decided to eat and drink what i want on Xmas Day and Boxing Day! The following Saturday we're out and New Year's Eve we're out. Other than that i'm hoping to stick to the diet!!! lol!!!!

What is everyone else thinking of doing over the holidays?

Hope you're all still doing well and feeling motivated!

I'm just hoping to maintain or only put on a couple of pounds over the holidays and then get cracking to get the rest off!

xxxxx

Well my plan didn't quite go as intended lol!!! I have had 2 weeks of eating 'normally' by my scales i've put on a stone and 5lbs! Argh!

Back on track today.... it's like the 1st day all over again and i'm huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuungry!!! But desperate to get back on track. I have this week off work as does my OH, so he is going to support me as are the kids. I always find the diet more difficult when i'm not at work.

I hope you all had a fab Xmas and wish you a very Happy New Year xxx

Whoa! That can't be right - you were on track 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it is mostly fluid retention and you can drop the weight again quickly. Getting back into ketosis is a pain, but worth it - wait til you see the first week loss!!!

Happy 2013!

Right i'm back!!!

Have been ok until last couple of weeks so went back to my cdc tonight and back on it 100% tomorrow. Finances haven't been great since Xmas but i can afford to do it again and can't wait to get back on it.

Thought i would rejig my stats too, to include what i had lost before too and am going to use the weight my scales say as this is what i've used from day 1 of my weight loss back in Feb 2010.

So new start.. so i feel i need to put a couple of pics up... i know some are already on here but if i put them on together i feel so much better and can really see the difference..

Jan 2010
23st 3lb

Fat me 1.jpgFatMe3.jpgFatMe2.jpg

Dec 2010
Around 18st

PC041914.jpg

Summer 2012
Just before i started the Cambridge 18st 8lb

IMG_0586.JPGP6220494.JPG

Jan 2013
14st 9lb

PB220727.JPGPicture of me 3.png

Have put on 5lb since the last pics but am back on track as of tomorrow.

Have lost over 8st now in total and determined to get another stone off by 8th March (oh is away again!) and by my 40th (Aug 30th) i want to be at my goal and hopeful on maintainence :)

Wish me luck!!!

Hope you are doing fab!

xxxx

Attachments

• P8290141.JPG
    P8290141.JPG
    622.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PB220729.JPG
    PB220729.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
8st! Love the pics - you look so much brighter and happier in the Jan fotos! This whole weight loss thing is really a journey isn't it, rather than a quick sprint to goal. Makes sense - it took us a while to gain all the weight in the first place.

You are doing fabulous!!! I have no doubt you will get to goal this summer - wow! imagine what a different summer it will be! Just the sheer increase in the choices in bathing suits will be fun! Keep going and checking in - I'm rooting for you for your next goal - 1st done by 8 March! Woo hoo!!!

Cam, you look so much younger as you've lost the weight - a real stunner these days!!

Well done for staying so focussed, you're amazing!

Thanks guys!!!

Blimey this past couple of days have been tough.. it's like my first week all over again!!!! Feel like i could eat a horse!!! But i will get there!!! I know once these first 4 days are out of the way i'll be off and running again!

xxx

Hang in there! It's really difficult when you don't and you have to start all over again...multiple times. I've been lucky and seem to get back into ketosis pretty quickly - I think it's cause even when I'm not being strict, I'm avoiding carbs and sticking mostly to veg and protein.

Have just come back from 3 days in France; my job has changed a bit recently and it seems I will have to go for a few days every week for some time. Good news is that I work out first thing in the hotel and the office is a campus setup, so I'm constantly running from one meeting to another. The not so good news is: wine, cheese, bread, French cuisine, desserts. By sticking to a routine I can avoid most of it, but still.... eek!

OK - just 1-2 more days and you'll be in full blown ketosis and back to becoming the magically shrinking woman - just in time to achieve your goals! :)

Wow Tizzy... you sound like you're run off your feet! And ouch at having to avoid all that lovely food and wine but well done you!

I was doing really well.. until Friday! I have lost 7lb but then my oh took me out Saturday for an early Valentine's as he is away again now for 4 weeks :( lot of lovely mexican food and alcohol!!! Then today my period arrived! Am feeling really bloated.

Got on the scales at my CDC's and had lost 2lb.. better than nothing considering! So back on track again today. I set myself a mini target last week of a stone off by the time he comes back on the 8th March.... so 2lb down 12 to go!

xxx

Bummer on TOTM - but great that you've had your Valentine's dinner! Congratulations on your loss - you are really focused and doing great! I love your ticker factory bar - wow!!!

I've just sat here and read all these posts.. Tizzy... you have been so supportive since day 1, thank you!!!

I'm doing better this week. Stuck to it 100% but have a party tomorrow night and i intend to have a drink or 10 lol!!! I stick to vodka and diet coke nowadays which doesn't seem to affect my weight loss too much (famous last words lol), i just make sure i have something to knock me out of ketosis then get straight back on it the next day :)

Looking forward to weighing in on Monday.

I hope everyone has a fab weekend.

xxx

Enjoy! But be careful as well - alcohol hits people on VLCD much harder than you'd expect....

Back