Camping on Atkins

Sapphire

In 3 weeks i'm doing a 5 day expedition for my Duke of Edinburgh award with my colleagues (it's a work thing). I did a 3 day trial last month but wasn't doing Atkins, so it was lots of glutinous gross ration packs and flapjacks. This time i've planned my week's food using goodies from low carb megastore.

How does this sound (bear in mind 1. I have got to pack as light as possible, my bag weighs tons and I struggle, and 2. I can't take raw meat as we're gone for 5 days):
Breakfast: omelette (dry mix, add water and mix, cook for 30 secs on trangia stove) 1.1g carbs
Snack: (we're doing about 20K hiking a day) Aktins bar or similar 2-4g carbs
Lunch: Atkins wrap or two (3g carbs each) and babybels or packet tuna (won't go off)
Dinner: One of the boil in the bag low carb ready meals 5-9g carbs
Dessert: low carb choc bar (eg La Nouba Silhouette Bar) 1.4g carbs each

Need minimal food that can be cooked quickly, as we're sharing trangias (1 between 6 of us). I know my veggies are going to be minimal but does this sound ok? Got to be better than eating their hideous carb-laden ration packs! Can't think of any veggies I could take that wouldn't go manky in the heat.

Might take sugar free marshmallows for the first night as it's the only night we're allowed a campfire :)

well not that i have experience in the field but i would presume you MUST be in ketosis for the rations to be enough....as long as your body is in optimising fat burning mode your not going to struggle for energy...

and IF you stick to atkins, with that amount or excercise i'd be wanting to see a good loss at the end too!!

well done you for doing it hun xx

I'd say the same really.

Just do the best you can and with that much exercise you should be OK.

It's over 40 years since I did my D of E. :)

Back