Can anyone convert daily WW points into daily calorific equivelant?

Trash

Still fighting
I wondered if anyone knows how to work out what daily calorie amount are points equate to??

Apart from painstakingly working it out from scratch i.e. going through all food labels again?!

I am not sure there is a way simply because sat fat is part of the equation

an example a food of 50 cals and 4 grams sat fat has 1.5 points
a different food of 100 cals and 1 gram of fat has 1.5 points

so if you choose the food wisely you could have far more calories

Hiya mate,i remember a little while back someone posting the convertion thing in a diary!!
BUT i cant remember who or who's diary!!sorry thats not much use really is it,not sure if i was Sandy or Rach??? x

just wanted to push this msg back to front of board as not got many replies ;oO x

You really cant convert them. If you have something to eat at 200 cals and 6 sat fat and something at 200 cals at 0.3 sat fat the points amount is totally different, but youre eating the same cals.

If you eat lots of very low sat fat food youll get a lot more cals for your points so a straight conversion really doesnt work

Oh dam was hoping it would be an average of say between 1200 - 1500 per day!!

Was trying to gestimate how many cals I need to burn to lose weight in comparison to what i consume each day!!

If that makes sense.

But thanks for the reply Starlight x

I know its not exact but here is another way to look at it.

20 points = 1320 cals.

Lets say on a day you eat 8g of sat fat. 8g Sat fat = 2 points. Meaning 18 points = 1188cals

I would expect you calories to be between 1100 - 1400 to stay within your points

Thanks all for your replies - i thought as a rough guide 60 cals per point too give or take a few!

x

Back