Can anyone help me wth regards to free foods from supermarkets?

Nat71

Hi, I and currently following slimming world, but I live in Australia.

I am coming to England for a holiday in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had any form of document (either that they could post on here or that's already on here .. so could point me in the right direction) for products that are readily available in the UK.

for example, any meals from Marks and Spencers, Tesco's or Sainsbury's etc.

Living in Oz, a few of us have adapted the SW diet to what they sell here, but I now no longer have any idea of the free foods that you have in the UK .. like the ready meals from the above stores.

I'm only there for a few weeks, but would love to be able to stay on track, whilst on holiday :)

Thanks

The list would be huge!

You can get hold of the food directory book and branded free foods book on ebay from time to time which has all the foods in it.

Or take a look on the Aldi, Lidl and offers page (sorry can never remember correct title).

what sort of free food were you thing something like baked beans, spaghetti meats, pasta?

I think OP mentioned more ready meal type stuff.

To to honest you would be best steering away from ready meals as they are not all that often SW friendly although there are exceptions. The emphasis on SW is cooking from scratch and as Michelle says above the convenience element comes from things such as beans and pasta etc rather than frozen or fresh ready meals. I'd recommend getting fresh chicken breasts or other meats and having then with pasta or rice or jacket potato. Have salad with it or veg. Keep it simple and you can't go far wrong. You don't say under what circumstances you are staying here under, living with family, out of a hotel etc but if you can cook and have access to a supermarket I would keep it to the basics

Back