Can anyone recomend a laxative tha works?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by vc103, 28 September 2007 Social URL.

1. vc103

vc103 vcs1208

Diet:
    Cd -Exante
    Hello fellow CD peeps

As you can guess my digestive system is not functioning as well as it could (to put it politely!) I have taken about 3 capsules every day of
    [SIZE=-1]Acidophyllis and after 3 days nothing! Then sent my man out to Holland and Barrett and he came back with this minging herb thing that you add to water - ewwww awful but it did work!! However it seems to have been a one off?

If your easily repulsed please do not read below...

When you go to toilet on CD - is it much of a poo?

Any brave souls out there to answer me???
    [/SIZE]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You will find that you do not poo very much...as there isn't alot of waste with packs..
    If you do get bound up then try some Fibre 89 mixed with your shakes, this is colourless and tasteless and will keep you going. (your CDC will have some) Or try to get some psyllium husks from H & B add these to shakes or soups (you can also turn a shake into porridge) and these may help, These are more of a prevention rather than laxitive.

Hope thats answered your question

HM

4. domino

domino Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'd go with what hedgemag says and get some psyllium husks if I were you. In the early days I did start to suffer a little with constipation ~ got some powdered husks and used to add them to my morning shake. Just a teaspoon to slightly thicken and have been fine ever since.

Agree that after a while you don't go as often anyways and there's not much bulk fibre in what you're 'eating', but you should still 'go'. The best thing about the psyllium husks is that it's natural, so no relying on laxatives.

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Make sure they're PURE psyllium husks with NOTHING added (no prebiotics or digestive aids etc).

Also, they are a preventative - not a cure so clear up any 'backlog' first. I found Dulcolax perles did the trick - but go easy: I took 4 and almost turned inside out! :eek:

Here's a link to the online company I use.

Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub

6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    its a bit like rabbit poo when you do go x

7. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Dulcolax (sp), never fails to work for me but be careful it can take upto 12 hours to work....xxx

8. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ROTFL
    :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

9. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    I'm a sennakot girl. One at night before I go to bed if I feel bunged up and it always works. I have IBS style bowels that tend to run wild if left untamed!

10. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Cambridge recommend all flavours of fibregel, or their own.

11. vc103

vc103 vcs1208

Diet:
    Cd -Exante
    Thanks guys have invested in the husks today .. put them in my shake tonight made it so much thicker almost on par with maccyds ... hopefully I will become unstuck tomorrow!

12. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    RE fybogel. which contains psyllium husk in an effervescent powder. the original is OK but the orange flavour is no good for any VLCD as it contains citric acid which can/will knock you out of ketosis.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.