Can anyone recomend a laxative tha works?

vc103

vcs1208
Hello fellow CD peeps

As you can guess my digestive system is not functioning as well as it could (to put it politely!) I have taken about 3 capsules every day of
[SIZE=-1]Acidophyllis and after 3 days nothing! Then sent my man out to Holland and Barrett and he came back with this minging herb thing that you add to water - ewwww awful but it did work!! However it seems to have been a one off?

If your easily repulsed please do not read below...

When you go to toilet on CD - is it much of a poo?

Any brave souls out there to answer me???
[/SIZE]

You will find that you do not poo very much...as there isn't alot of waste with packs..
If you do get bound up then try some Fibre 89 mixed with your shakes, this is colourless and tasteless and will keep you going. (your CDC will have some) Or try to get some psyllium husks from H & B add these to shakes or soups (you can also turn a shake into porridge) and these may help, These are more of a prevention rather than laxitive.

Hope thats answered your question

HM

I'd go with what hedgemag says and get some psyllium husks if I were you. In the early days I did start to suffer a little with constipation ~ got some powdered husks and used to add them to my morning shake. Just a teaspoon to slightly thicken and have been fine ever since.

Agree that after a while you don't go as often anyways and there's not much bulk fibre in what you're 'eating', but you should still 'go'. The best thing about the psyllium husks is that it's natural, so no relying on laxatives.

I'd go with what hedgemag says and get some psyllium husks if I were you. In the early days I did start to suffer a little with constipation ~ got some powdered husks and used to add them to my morning shake. Just a teaspoon to slightly thicken and have been fine ever since.

Make sure they're PURE psyllium husks with NOTHING added (no prebiotics or digestive aids etc).

Also, they are a preventative - not a cure so clear up any 'backlog' first. I found Dulcolax perles did the trick - but go easy: I took 4 and almost turned inside out! :eek:

Here's a link to the online company I use.

Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub

its a bit like rabbit poo when you do go x

I'm a sennakot girl. One at night before I go to bed if I feel bunged up and it always works. I have IBS style bowels that tend to run wild if left untamed!

Thanks guys have invested in the husks today .. put them in my shake tonight made it so much thicker almost on par with maccyds ... hopefully I will become unstuck tomorrow!

RE fybogel. which contains psyllium husk in an effervescent powder. the original is OK but the orange flavour is no good for any VLCD as it contains citric acid which can/will knock you out of ketosis.

Back