Can Bars Take You Out Of Ketosis????

I went to see my CDC and told her that I can no longer eat the soups as I have completely gone off them! :jelous:

I asked her if I can have 1 bar each day and 2 shakes. She advised me not to as the bars are higher in fat, calories and carbs and will take me out of ketosis and slow down my weightloss. :eek:

IS THIS TRUE?????

She made me stick with the soups which make me feel like I am going to be sick so I ended up nearly starving and eating food!!! :break_diet:

Now I go in for my fortnightly weigh in tonight with only 2lbs lost :cry:

When I was sole sourcing, I had a bar every day and still achieved my 'stone a month' weight loss target.

Some of the bars are slightly higher in carbs ... but I believe the peanut and cranberry crunch are the same as the shakes so I can't see a problem.

Surely it's better that you have a bar a day rather than fall off the wagon because you hate the soups?

I'm sure a CDC will be along in a mo to clarify things properly.

I went to see my CDC and told her that I can no longer eat the soups as I have completely gone off them! :jelous:

I asked her if I can have 1 bar each day and 2 shakes. She advised me not to as the bars are higher in fat, calories and carbs and will take me out of ketosis and slow down my weightloss. :eek:

IS THIS TRUE?????

She made me stick with the soups which make me feel like I am going to be sick so I ended up nearly starving and eating food!!! :break_diet:

Now I go in for my fortnightly weigh in tonight with only 2lbs lost :cry:

Hiya - sorry you're having a tough time :(

The bars can affect some people....but (like RD), I had a bar EVERY day while on SS and lost 4 stone in just under 4months !!

The way I'd look at it is....even if the bars DO slow your loss slightly...that would surely be far better than falling off the wagon cos you really can't stomach the soups :rolleyes: :confused: Can you not swap the soups that you have for bars (and pay your CDC any extra, of course).....she can't MAKE you stick to soups :mad: - it's YOUR diet and YOUR choice....

Let us know how you get on...

Good luck !

love

Debz
xx

This is your diet and if you would prefer 1 bar a day instead of the soups I would ask her to swap them, that you would rather have the bars instead of eating.
I am not keen on having soups in this weather, I prefer cool drinks.
Good luck, and ask her to change them;.

Just adding my vote for the bars.

If you've done your two weeks SS without them you should be well and truly in ketosis and the bars shouldn't have an effect on ketosis. They are designed to be used like any other meal replacement in the range, but with just one a day allowed after two weeks of SS and you have to drink an extra glass of water with them.

I have a peanut bar every day. They don't affect my weight loss. I'd go mad without something to chew. I'd also far rather someone had the bars and stuck to the diet than give up because they really don't like the soups.

You should be able to swap, but as Debz pointed out the RRP on bars is higher than soups, so you may have to pay a bit more when you swap.

I have a toffee bar every day and my weightloss has been good. Hope you find the bars better then the soups

Thanks

I went and saw my CDC last night and had all my soups swapped for bars. She still insisted these would take me out of ketosis but I told her i'd take the chance.

Only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks tho :sigh:

It's still a loss though so your ticker is moving in the right direction! Maybe once you are having products you enjoy the weight loss will come easier?

I'm really glad you put your foot down.

If having the bars does give you a slower weight loss (which is rare, but as with everything I suppose it's possible) then all that will happen is that you get to target a bit later than you had planned.

If you were to stick with the soups that you don't like, you might not stick with the diet and therefore wouldn't get to target at all.

I have a peanut bar every night. I am not a perfect dieter. I've lost 3lbs this week. If you're that worried about coming out of ketosis (bearing in mind if I test after having a shake I test negative) then have the crunch bars. They have less carbs than the sachets. Therefore cannot possibly affect ketosis.

I too had to give up on the soups. At first I loved the oriental chili, then a few days after starting I went to have one and I just couldn't handle it anymore it made me feel sick and even the thought to this day makes me heave.

I swapped all my soups for shakes, I'm much happier with this.

Now I've been on the diet 2 weeks I'm looking forward to my first bar today. But my mum started a week after me and kind of demanded she starts with bars (fussy fussy). She weighed in at home this morning after starting on Sunday and is 9lbs lighter.

My CDC was fine with this and understood her decision completely.

Good luck!

Back