Can I alter my target weight after reaching target ?

I'm just clarifying lots of people are saying different things. I have just done my slimming world displimas

I don't know what a 'slimming world displimas' is but I'm just passing on my knowledge which is also documented either in the book or on the website somewhere-I'm sure any consultant would confirm what I said too!!

Just a thought, imagine this - you reach target, you get your certificate, sticker, badge, big congratulations and your target book, then a few weeks later the same again. And again. Kind of dilutes the whole thing really.

I know and thought that, thats why I was wondering. Yet you never know how you are gonna feel till you get there so surely it isn't unusual for people to drop it. I spoke to a friend who is an ex consultant and she said it happens all the time and sometimes people even move their target up when they are happy.

Judging by the mix of reactions maybe I should speak to my consultant though as I don't want it to look like im trying to cheat the system. As I said I set target in May when I started slimming world, thinking 5 stone and my late teen weight was what I wanted. To be honest I could probably do with a couple of weeks free (im a supply teacher and won't work for next few weeks) which is why I haven't dropped it already. However if my friend is wrong and its not something done often or if its something frowned upon I would rather pay.

I know and thought that, thats why I was wondering. Yet you never know how you are gonna feel till you get there so surely it isn't unusual for people to drop it. I spoke to a friend who is an ex consultant and she said it happens all the time and sometimes people even move their target up when they are happy.

Judging by the mix of reactions maybe I should speak to my consultant though as I don't want it to look like im trying to cheat the system. As I said I set target in May when I started slimming world, thinking 5 stone and my late teen weight was what I wanted. To be honest I could probably do with a couple of weeks free (im a supply teacher and won't work for next few weeks) which is why I haven't dropped it already. However if my friend is wrong and its not something done often or if its something frowned upon I would rather pay.

It's not usual for people to change target at all, but they don't call target, stay there for a few weeks then drop it etc. You know you want to lose more, so change your target. If you lose half a stone then still want to lose more, change it, but don't call target. Wanting a few weeks because you don't have work is a little unfair on the consultant in my opinion!

I've done the weighing in for years and I've not known people do what you are thinking of.

Thanks Jaylou, i do agree with what you are saying and that was what I was worried about. However Im gonna hold on till after Christmas before deciding if Im def gonna drop it (as I won't get in range and will probably gain). Part if me is still hoping that the magic middle inches will just drop off then I can stick with the original target lol, but the inches only want to come off my chest and legs.

One thing though is the ex consultant I asked, who said people do it all the time is also a weigh in lady. I don't go to her group though so that's why I asked on here. I've seen it happen once at my group when consultant told some one they where gonna have to gain to get back in target and they said they wanted to drop target. I've seen it happen three times the way you said when people drop it as soon as in range. I just wasn't sure what was best x

Also I honestly didn't think the money went in consultants pocket...I just assumed they were paid a wage...so they don't get paid with target members lol not much incentive to get/ keep them there then lol x

Also I honestly didn't think the money went in consultants pocket...I just assumed they were paid a wage...so they don't get paid with target members lol not much incentive to get/ keep them there then lol x

Nope, no wage. It doesn't all go in her pocket either!

Nope, no wage. It doesn't all go in her pocket either!

That's nuts just been reading up on it. Will def just drop my target as I don't want to take advantage. I like my consultant too much for that. Thanks for the info x

Consultants have to pay for the hall. Then split the money with sw depending how many members they have the consultant will take on average 25 percent. Then they have to re invest 20 percent into the business and then pay their own tax so the consultant really doesn't get much at all

Back