can i just have a moan

Really annoyed at work one off the girls I know doesn't think Cambridge is healthy and again she made another jibe about it well actually kept goin on about it I finally flipped and said look it ain't bloomin healthy havin a bmi of over 40 so really I'm doin the nhs a bloomin favor , everytime I go on break with her she says is that all your havin when I have my shake ! Yep that is all I'm having and actually I don't want anything else so just leave me alone sorry Moan over had to get it off my chest !! Wouldn't mind everyone keeps sayin how good I'm looking !!

Damned it you do, damned if you don't with some people!!

I never experienced it yet as I am just starting, but I can already see who will be "commenting" amongst my acquaintances.

It must be hard to ignore. Indeed, SS is hard enough without people (who are not even close friends!) telling you how to live your life. :mad: Grrr, I'm angry too now!

I get it at work to. i've tried explaining its healthy but they don't seem to care. its alittle easier now i'm on ss+ but when i refuse stuff they get funny. i must remember to say i don't like it not i can't have it.

I find some people just get sensitive when anyone loses weight... Even some of the gus I work with have been moaning about any diet around me now that I've lost over two stone and others have made positive comments to me

It absolutely pees me off (excuse my language) when they say that CD isn't healthy.

My SIL is a SWer and I get it all the time, one time I just flipped and said, on SW you have free food - premade batchelors pasta being one of them and theoretically you could have 30 packs a day with nothing else.... How is that healthier than a diet which ensures you get all of your daily vitamins and minerals???

That person is one of two things:

1. A jealous overweight person who wishes they had your will power.

2. A naturally slim person who has never had a weight issue.

Neither will understand. You can't argue with ignorance.

Do what I did when I was on CD.... Don't waste your breath justifying your actions, if anyone says something just tell them it's not up for discussion.

Really annoyed at work one off the girls I know doesn't think Cambridge is healthy and again she made another jibe about it well actually kept goin on about it I finally flipped and said look it ain't bloomin healthy havin a bmi of over 40 so really I'm doin the nhs a bloomin favor , everytime I go on break with her she says is that all your havin when I have my shake ! Yep that is all I'm having and actually I don't want anything else so just leave me alone sorry Moan over had to get it off my chest !! Wouldn't mind everyone keeps sayin how good I'm looking !!

Hey! You look great today! LOL!:D

Sounds like jealously to me..... why else would she make a point of trying to make you feel bad about doing something good about your weight. If she was genuinely concerned there are nicer ways to express it.

I think that quick&painful has the right idea and just tell her it's not up for discussion :nono:

xxx

Your not alone. I am getting the same rise above it! It is your life not theirs if they keep on just say it was okayed by the GP and my health is being monitored they usually back off then (even if it is a little fib). Unfortunately human nature is nosey, curious, jealous, unempathetic and harsh sometimes. I have a very opinionated colleague who has never been bigger than 8 st all her life and now I have lost all this weight (but still have more to go) I am getting. When are you stopping, you must be eating your own heart muscle and when you come off you will put it all back on. (I think) Yes thanks for your support and confidence now wind your neck in and concentrate on your own life. Or is it so boring you have to stick your nose in mine!!! Well that was my little rant. I still love CD and tell everyone it is a means to an end not a way of life. Jayne x

Your not alone. I am getting the same rise above it! It is your life not theirs if they keep on just say it was okayed by the GP and my health is being monitored they usually back off then (even if it is a little fib). Unfortunately human nature is nosey, curious, jealous, unempathetic and harsh sometimes. I have a very opinionated colleague who has never been bigger than 8 st all her life and now I have lost all this weight (but still have more to go) I am getting. When are you stopping, you must be eating your own heart muscle and when you come off you will put it all back on. (I think) Yes thanks for your support and confidence now wind your neck in and concentrate on your own life. Or is it so boring you have to stick your nose in mine!!! Well that was my little rant. I still love CD and tell everyone it is a means to an end not a way of life. Jayne x

Don't you just love opinionated people :rolleyes: When they are at the receiving end of "opinions", they are suddenly not as "accommodating". :rolleyes:

Back