Can I vent a little about well meaning parents?

We sound the very same - I too am a 14 ! :). And we have v.similar targets!!

Very true- I hope one day they realise their 'encouragement' isnt quite how we heard it!

Where in Ireland are you hon?

http://usermap.minimins.com/

Erm...NattyMo - I'm a guest at a wedding in Ireland in June. :eek:

Actually - no. Scratch that. The bride is tall and slim but by no stretch is she an 8. Unless she's lost way too much weight since I saw her last a year ago. :eek:

Bloody hell !!!!

That is unbelievable.........it costs nothing to think before speaking.

You wicked girl intimidating your poor brother.
:D:D It'd take a lot believe me. He's the loud, outgoing one.

Y'see she really doesn't see she's being rude. When brother met his current partner - some months after he and his wife had split up - she was very anti and often very, very rude to the poor girl. Now they get on really well thank goodness.

We sound the very same - I too am a 14 ! :). And we have v.similar targets!!

Very true- I hope one day they realise their 'encouragement' isnt quite how we heard it!

Where in Ireland are you hon?

That's a coincidence!! You're lighter than me at the moment though, I've some catching up to do first!!!

Yeah, I don't think families will change - maybe they do us a favour by saying what maybe some others are thinking.....!!

My mum came out with a lovely one a while back - I genuinely think she was trying to make me feel better - well. it had the opposite effect!
I am bridesmaid for a slim, size -8, legs up to her armpits friend and her sister (similar leggy build - size 10-12) sister is the other bridesmaid.
so I said to mum, that I would be busting a gut with the gym, sw - so that I was standing next to the 2 girls at the wedding and not feeling like a heiffer.

Mums response - Nat, with the best will in the world, you are NEVER going to look like those two.

Gee - thanks mum!!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had my photo taken with my 2 sis-in-laws a couple of years ago... They are both approx 5ft 10 and size 12(max!), me 5ft (almost) 3in and size 22 (at the time) :wave_cry: NEVER gonna happen again I can tell you! :eek:

all my mums side of family are at biggest size 10. then theres me..........take after dear daddys side and at biggest size 20-22 5ft3. so hate getting pics taken with them. infact i rarely make family dos cos of it. i cant wait till the day im same sizes to them lol. might sounds like a daft goal but hey ho its mine and one day it will happen even if it sometimes feels like a million miles away x

all my mums side of family are at biggest size 10. then theres me..........take after dear daddys side and at biggest size 20-22 5ft3. so hate getting pics taken with them. infact i rarely make family dos cos of it. i cant wait till the day im same sizes to them lol. might sounds like a daft goal but hey ho its mine and one day it will happen even if it sometimes feels like a million miles away x

Hi queenbee, I know what you mean here. It's not a nice feeling to feel the biggest of any group, especially when it's family as you have the same genes!! Well done on your loss to date! You must already notice a difference...

I can honestly say I understand where most are coming from on this, I use to take my gran out and if we went into any clothes shop and I seen something I liked shes verrrrry hard of hearing and would shout all over the shop do they do it in big sizes now I just take it with a pinch of salt as I have dropped from a 22/24 down to a size 16, and as for the pics I 'm not in that many as I always bought the best camera so that I could actually be the one taking the pics and last week for the first in a very long time mum wanted a pic of me and I didnt hide from the camera so it definitely gets better xx

Back