Can someone clarify please the carbs in porridge

I'm not sure to be honest. I know I've had no problems with it and there's no official restrictions on it. I love porridge and many times have had 2 or 3 without detrimental effects.

Thanks. It just doesn't make sense, you can eat 3 porridge a day with a higher carb value but only have one bar thats lower .... strange

Although the carbs in the cranberry crunch & peanut crunch bars are only 14.4g & 13.5g respectively the carbs in the other meal bars is a huge 24.7g, therefore I would think this is the reason for only 1 per day :sigh:

Yes, the carb level in porridge is 'slightly' higher than the shakes but shouldn't cause any problems.

However, if you are particularly sensitive to carbs and can be knocked out easily, it's recommended that you don't have all your meals as porridge...just stick to one or two as day :)

Thanks KD, I have been having a lot of porridge and feel hungry, I could be sensitive to carbs - will chat to my counsellor about this later today.

On 50 grams of carbs per day, your body will still go into ketosis, which is the whole point of CD.

Just check the packets or bars that you have total less than 50grams and you will be just fine. ;)

One question: if u drink the shake 2 times per day, and some fruits in the midday with allot of water, will u still lose weight?!

Thanks KD, I have been having a lot of porridge and feel hungry, I could be sensitive to carbs - will chat to my counsellor about this later today.

It will depend on how much is 'a lot', but that thing about being carb sensitive and having all meals from porridge is the official line from Cambridge :)

One question: if u drink the shake 2 times per day, and some fruits in the midday with allot of water, will u still lose weight?!
Yes you will still lose weight as you calorie intake would be low. You just wouldn't get into ketosis though.

Sooo your intake must be 3 per day, u can combine it by a porridge and two shakes, or a soup a bar and a shake? But it must be three per day?! No fruits ? ...and does it matter the hour of the day that I take those? Or on which hours can I take them, or the time of the day isn't important, I've just got to take 3 per day?! Because I'm using CD USA, I've just started last week, but somedays I've drunk 3 shakes per day, and the next days I was starting to drink 2 shakes per day and in the morning a fruit salad, with 2 slices of bread with plain tuna on it. Sooo I would still lose weight if I continue like that, or just stick to 3 times per day and offcourse allot of water??! ..and I want to buy the soup, there are tomato, potato, chicken....what's more delicous??!

Anddd another thing, I've just bought the Oats/Cereal mix....It came thick & not allot of cereal....and it says 5 ounces of water. IDK if it must come thick, or somewhat thick, but this was really thick. And the taste is not so delicious as I thought, must I put non-calorie sweetener in it? The instructions on the back isn't very helpfull. So if anyone how to make the cereal/oats mix from CD US, let me know!!!

I'd ask Aseyan, she's in the States and on CD so might be able to help more, could be worth sending her a PM, sure she won't mind :)

Also, just add more water until you get it to how you like it :)

Back