Can you be afraid of success?

Soraya

Silver Member
I've been SS since June. I've lost nearly 40lbs of the 51lbs I need to lose. Up to a month ago, it all went smoothly, then I had a break for a weekend (Partners birthday and brothers wedding) which stretched to a week Since then I've lost the glycogen and then put it on (had to eat as I wasn't well) and then lost it again. Now I find that when I'm starting to lose, I had something to eat.

I'm worried that I'm frightened of losing the last stone. I've been overweight for 20 years. I don't know how to be normal. I've lost some friends over my weight loss, the women in my office were supportive intially, but then when I lost a lot started to say how I've changed. I don't know how life will be maintaining or if it's possible. Can you be afraid of succeeding at something you've been trying to do for 20 years? Why am I sabotaging myself?

I don't think I was every scared of losing the weight. It couldn't come quick enough for me, but I know a number of people who do feel like this.

I'm worried that I'm frightened of losing the last stone. I've been overweight for 20 years. I don't know how to be normal
Now, I do know how that feels. When I lost all my weight, I really did have to relearn how to be normal. Still learning after all this time. Nearly getting there too;)

I'm the lowest weight I've been in 30 years. I'm 50 now. Yoyo'd my way through my adult life.
when I lost a lot started to say how I've changed.
Have you? Probably an added confidence? Perhaps they were never seeing you in the first place. Perhaps you were hiding under the fat?

Remember that this is their problem though. Not yours. You are still you. Whether you are 50 stone or 10 stone. You are the same person.

You deal with your weight issues and let them deal with theirs. There is no reason why you can't be normal like the rest of them.

Thinking even more.....

I'm worried that I'm frightened of losing the last stone.

Okay. Just one stone to go? Ahhhh, that will be the 'near goal chatterbox'

He comes, he sits on your shoulder and he'll say "you look fine...you don't need to really get down to goal....you're not really a normal, slim person".

He'll try to convince you to accept 2nd best. Why change the habits of a lifetime and go for first prize?

So come on. Get those shakes out. Shut that chatterbox up and stop thinking about what might be if you lose the weight.

Get down to what you really want and then decide if you like it:)

Back