Can you eat too much??

melarnz

Silver Member
I started the diet this morning, and have already eaten:

Pre breakfast (got up exceptionally early today!)of 1 banana, natural yoghurt, 1 tsp honey (1 syn) and strawberries

Breakfast: weetabix and milk HEXab and banana

Lunch: wholewheat pasta, olives (2 syns), red and yellow pepper, spring onion, baby sweetcorn, mayo (1 syn), tomatos

Snack: muller light yoghurt with banana, and handful of frozen fruit.

Is this right!!! or should i calm down a tad???

It seems fine to me but then I probably eat more than a lot of people. If you look at what you've eaten it is all healthy stuff so I shouldn't worry. As long as you aren't full to bursting then I don't think it's overeating. Eat til you're comfortable and then eat later if you feel the need.

Im pretty new to this just on my second week, so i wonder about this too, i know its all meant to be free but surely theres an emement of portion control...????

well wen u read the book it says unlimited amounts so if u cant eat as much as u want then the book wudnt have been written, my consultant always used to say the more free food u eat the more u lose! the diet wudnt be written like that if that wasnt the case... which is why u are limited with bread etc its must all even out..

if thats true christie then IM LOVING THIS DIET!! lol

You might want to go easy on the bananas though as three in a day might be a bit much. See how your losses go and take it from there.

Yeah circes - someone at my group was struggling to lose and it was down to 4 bananas a day :(

i would check throught the books, i think you can eat all the free food you like - within reason! (as long as you dont make yourself sick or feel Christmas day dinner full!)

I would sugegst that you have more superspeed fruit, such as melon, berries etc, rather than the banana and grapes options to fill you up and speed up your losses x

yeah i was having trouble and wondering why i wasnt losing what i thought i shudda been and it was down to the amount of bananas i was eating

i now eat raspberries and im gonna try strawberries tomorrow

Well iv just double checked with my consultant and she said its fine to eat as much free food as u want, morning noon and night if u wish and the more the better! As long as its 100% free then its fine J

i would also like to add - make sure you have a variety of foods - if your body has the same foods all the time, it get used to them - shake it up a bit :D xxx

When I was on SW before I used to eat all the time claiming 'IT'S FREE, IT'S FREE' but in reality u shld only eat enough to satisfy ur hunger. Can't believe how calm & satisfied I feel this time round. Only day 3 mind u ha ha x

I have never been on a diet like this before where I have ate so much and still managed to lose weight.

It feels surreal:)

Last edited:
I really cant do that - Im totally paranoid that if I eat constantly ( even free stuff ) i will not lose weight, I stick to 3 meals a day with some healthy snacks like fruit, yoghurt and alpen light bars and its working for me.
But if your happy - Go for it!!

Yeah but surely if ur eating for eatings sake then ur taking in extra calories that u don't need therefore possibly slowing down ur weight loss.It's getting the balance right from eating more than u actually need & eating enough!! Things have changed since I was last a member - now they tell u to go for the superfree foods outwith a meal & if ur still hungry after that then by all means have something else.

consultant once told me that I wasn't losing weight as I wasn't eating enough and that I had to eat more free food to stimulate my metabolism.The only things she said to be wary of were grapes and bananas.Fruit used to be a sin(very old days). I did what said and started losing!!

yeah but hunca sw dont count calories so its not about that, its been proven that these foods help u lose weight in unlimited quantities and if thats wat books says then its correct!and my consultant says same whose lost 15st! yep that wud be right louisedan the more u eat the more u lose!;)x

Ive started eating more over the last few weeks after having a bit of a plateau and ive managed to shift 10lbs in the last 3-4 weeks, it definately works - like others have said, if it wasnt ok to eat "unlimited" free foods, they wouldnt claim that in their literature. Trust the diet - it definatley works!! xxx

Back