Can you...

sarahandmolly

Gold Member
... drink too much water?

They recommend you drink no less than 8 glasses a day, see I blast that out of the water (No pun intended!)

Say for example, today I have drank, 1.5ltr bottle of Lemon & Lime still water, a bottle of diet coke and I have nearly finished a 750ml bottle of water... I don't drink tea or coffee... mainly water with the odd bottle of diet pop thrown in. I was just wondering whether this could hinder my weight loss? x

Nope! I drink at least 2ltrs a day, sometimes more. I've had at least 2ltrs today and will have more with dinner and through the evening. Every time I have a coffee (which is a lot!) I make sure I have a glass of water too.

it wont hinder your losses, in fact it helps food digest and flushes out the rubbish.

I don't drink much on weigh day though!!!

I drink a 2litre bottle of water every day besides my other drinks during the day, it does help you to lose weight as Jaylou says, it is also good for your 'bowels' and for your skin too.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, at least I know :D

Luckily my WI day is Saturday morning so I make sure I limit my drinking before and don't have a drink after 8.30am (WI @ 10.30!) x

The only time it is dangerous is if you drink it all in one go, but drinking it throughout the day is healthy and good!!

my problem is that im never thirsty.i can easily go through a day and not drink at all!
i now force myself to drink some water.but i dont think i could go 8 glasses!

I'm just like you littlehobbit, I really have to make a conscious effort to drink, sometimes it can be really late in the day when I realise I have only had 1 drink before I left for work, even then its only cos hubby made it for me, if its left to me I just kind of forget.
I just don't feel thirsty. I suppose its what I've always been used to.

I really need to make more effort!

Cocktail Princess - I am not doing it in that way Lol. I am just a general water drinker, as I said I don't drink ANY hot drinks as I don't like them.

Tracey - I drink it throughout the day, couldn't drink all that in one go :giggle:

Thanks for all the info, I only wondered as not drinking enough can hinder weight loss, I didn't know if it went the other way too :D x

i try to drink lots but bizarrly if i actually pour a glass of water i do not drink it, if i have it from a bottle i take continual sips during the day and refill it

Back