Candida?

boggins

Silver Member
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I used to have REALLY stinky feet. Unless I was scrupulous about cleaning and deodorising both shoes and feet (and I wasn't always!), after a couple of weeks both would start to smell really badly.

This seems to have disappeared. I am wondering whether I had candida (yeast overgrowth). Dr Atkins mentions it in DANDR, and Zoe Harcombe in her diet book, both of them say it can either cause or worsen obesity.

The scary thing is, I've had this problem since I was a teenager. Have I had candida all that time? I've been fat since my teens too; maybe all this time it's been partly responsible. Scary thought.

Anyone else have the stinky feet problem go away, or think they have/had candida? Did low carb help?

Hi there,

I had candida after massive steroid use 15 years ago... medical reason, not bodybuilding : ) Can't recall the feet smelling, but the odour on the body can be quite distinctive and very different to usual smeall. Tends to accumulate around sweat areas, so it could be, but usually you also have lots of other symptoms too. Either way, low carb is a great way to get it under control, but stay away from mushrooms and cheese and expect to get bouts of feeling flu like symptoms, even after the first week, because as the candida dies, it gives off a lot of toxins. Water, water WATER! <smile>

hugs

xxx

Looks like I'm the only one with the stinky feet! Wish I'd never mentioned it....;)

I'm currently hoovering up water like crazy and have been off mushrooms for a while (can't say the same for cheese though...).

Interesting so few people seem to have candida. Maybe it's not as widespread as people think?

Hi boggins, i havent had the same problem but have definitely read there is a connection. Will be interesting to see if you can crack it
Xx

boggins said:
Looks like I'm the only one with the stinky feet! Wish I'd never mentioned it....;)

I'm currently hoovering up water like crazy and have been off mushrooms for a while (can't say the same for cheese though...).

Interesting so few people seem to have candida. Maybe it's not as widespread as people think?

Hi Boggins,

I would say Candida is widespread. It can have LOADS of symptoms ( from psoriasis, IBS, depression to arthritis) and is not recognised by a lot of doctors as a problem for seemingly healthy people......Just don't think many people are aware of it and plod on with all their problems in total ignorance. I've had recurrent skin yeast infections, fungal nail infections, and athletes foot over the past couple of years and didn't make the connection until recently (DOH!!). That coupled with my weight issues (despite healthy diet and exercise) and other ailments has made me decide to give the candida diet a real rattle....I must be full of the stuff :-(

When you read the stuff in the net....it's an epidemic.....

I was never diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I had - possibly still have - Candida overgrowth.

I was obese as a child and had the smelly feet problem, plus another symptom that I don't care to put in writing (bit yucky:eek:).

Almost as soon as I went low-carb the "yucky" symptom lessened, followed by the foot problem. I also noticed that I acquired a peculiar rash in the first couple of weeks which I believe can be a side-effect of Candida die-off.

So I think I have less of it than I used to, but once I've shifted the weight I want to lose, I'll probably be trying a full-on anti-Candida diet to see what happens (I don't really want to disrupt what I'm doing with Atkins at the moment, and as I say, my symptoms have decreased considerably already, so I'm not in a desperate hurry).

I have had candida problems over the years....that have always been made worse by eating loads of sugar...while on Atkins I don't have any problems....just another plus of this low carb life :)

I haven't been able to lose weight on ANY diet recently (including Atkins). I'm doing all the same things as I used to but nothing is working..... I really have to give this Candida diet a proper go as I believe i have a real yeast problem due to all my fungal infections and other issues....have also anti-yeast supplements to go with it. I really hope it's the answer as I'm at my wits end :-(

It really depends on you and how hard you are willing to work for it. I have done the candida diet because of over-growth due to my poor diet. I went from 170lbs to 121lbs which is my current weight. I looked at this guy named eric bakker is who leading authority/expert on topic of yeast infection, search his name and visit his site about yeast infection, he has a full candida programs to help you with your issues.

Back