Can't believe I've made it this far... Must Keep GOING!!!

Woo Hoo, CELEBRATION time!!! :bunnydance:

So, my CDC rang this eve saying she was really sorry but could she come tonight instead of tomorrow morning. This worried me for three reasons:

1. Last eve's weigh in disaster :cry:
2. This would mean an evening weigh in, against my initial first thing in the morning weigh in :cry:
3. I haven't done a full week until tomorrow.

Still, no problem. And according to her scales I have lost.... 5lb!

In six days!
At an evening weigh!
Despite already being on a diet for over 2 months!

Happy, happy, happy - enthusiasm renewed :p:p:p This also means I get to check off a few of my 'complete' list of goals (see post 3 or 4, can't remember which)

I'm so chuffed with that - almost 150% quicker weight loss than my calorie controlled thing. Long may it continue!

I'm well over the headaches and only feel light headed when I need more water.

OK, so my mini-goals for the next seven days (come on girl):

• Increase water to 3L per day :drool:

• Recommence swimming - 1 hr x 3 days per week :whacky068:

• Walk dog at least 1 mile every day :chores016:

Congratulations! 5lbs is brill!

How come I am 'eating' so many fewer calories yet full of energy and not hungry at all? Why did I not discover this diet years ago? Can this be too good to be true?

So, Day 8 and all is well in eek's world. Am a little upset with evil ASDA though who decided that it was a good sales pitch to waft tasty bread and doughnut smells through the entrance door to try and bump up sales. Do they not realise they are teasing those inflicted with a serious disability? (greediness).

One week fully completed so only another 11 weeks to go before I can chew something again. Wonder if my teeth will be prepared? I went swimming today for the first time since starting the CD and felt fab, although I almost had a heart attack when I saw how many people were in the gym. It was sooooo crowded, and this was at off peak time as well. I finally got a square inch of water to myself and did as much as I could. Still too wobbly/shamed to attempt the treadmills or rowing machines or other evil looking pieces of kit, maybe one day.

If the overcrowding doesn't improve by Feb though I may jack in the expensive gym membership and go to the public pools instead - plus they do ladies only evenings which are always more civilised :)

Bit frustrated when I found out that out of my two step-children-to-be, who both live at the same address, only one had received their wedding invitation. How is this so, as all invites were posted in the same post box on the same day?

Only one concern on my mind at the moment and that is next week at work - I am travelling a lot (B'ham one day, then London, then Bristol, then Wrexham), which means a lot of car time, which means I wonder how long I will have to add onto my journey time for loo stops? CDC says that drinking the extra 1/2 litre and making sure you drink 3ltrs per day really can make the difference, so I'm determined to keep it up.

OK, enough waffle for today. Wishing all much love and success with their own weight loss

eek xoxo

Hi well done on your 5lbs!! fab loss! youll soon be in that gorgeous wedding dress!! as will I march 2012 x

Advice please!!

I have just been to my GP today about my acne (which seems to be getting worse) and one of his suggestions was oxytetracycline - a tablet antibiotic. This would be a 6 month course.

Has anyone come out of ketosis using antibiotics?

Just my luck - I have to choose between my weight and my skin <sigh>

Hi again x Just checking in and just to say Well done on your 5 pound loss woo hoo! :D:DI get weighed tomorrow so I'll update my diary. Here s to another gd week. I dont know re : antibiotics unfortunately.xx

Thanks Katie - good luck with your weigh in - I'll check out your diary! xoxo

Well, I spoke to my CDC today who reckons that the type of antibiotics I am on are ones that need to be taken on an empty stomach, I should be OK. Still, she's bringing me a large supply of ketosis sticks on the next visit so I can monitor the effect of them on the ketosis - I'm sure I'll be able to tell though if I go from no hunger at all (just the occasional odd huge belly rumble!) to a ravenous need to empty the fridge. Ho hum. I think my body must really hate me for what I have done to it over the years - this is its form of mini rebellion ;)

Slipped up a bit today and only had two meals again (not deliberate- just realised at 8pm that I'd only had a shake and water all day), not sure that this is a good idea - not enough vitamins and could possibly slow weight loss (eep) - so I henceforth resolve to plan my eating properly. Still 1.5 pints to go as well, so I can foresee a loo visit or two creeping up tonight!

Had a 'moment' earlier re. the reason I went on CD in the first palce - 2.5 stone gone now and I still fit into the same clothes. Now, however - I have a theory. I reckon that I was in denial about how big I'd gotten in the first place. I've switched back to the better work trousers which I was avoiding in October - probably because I was sure they wouldn't fit. Now they fit lovely. Ditto re. jeans - I was 'avoiding' the smaller ones in my wardrobe, now I'm wearing them and there is plenty of room in the bum...

And must keep reminding myself "there is still over 4 months to go!!". I wish I could switch my brain off sometimes and just let go. However, I've never been so motivated to stick to a diet - on some VLCD of my own devising I have stupidly done in the past (for this read virtual starvation), I was so tempted by food even the dog's dinner looked appealing. Now, I just think of the dress... and all the things I've read/seen after googling 'fat bride' one too many times.

Obessive? Me? Surely not... (!)

The other half has just looked over my shoulder and ridiculed by comment about finding the dog food tempting - so speaks a person who has never had to diet in their life! PS Darling, if you are reading this bit, thank you so much for constantly frying sausages and onions :)

I suppose that's about it for tonight, once again very best wishes to you all for your own diet dreams to come true. A special thanks for all those offering support - its a real boon.

Eek xoxox

Ooh that's good news. So now you don't have to choose between weight and skin! Yay!

Hi hun, I'm just having a read of some new diaries and was drawn to yours, as I am getting married 2nd July! Eek indeed...

I've already bought my dress, which I 'think' is a size 16 (I daren't look to be honest). I've had it for a year now and haven't lost a lb. Well I have, but they've all gone back on again :(

I'm currently a size 22 and I reckon I need to lose 4 stone to be able to get into the dress, it's lace up so got a size play either way. 2lb a week would give me 3.5 stone, which is achievable. Isn't it?

Hi Cornish!

I can't believe you've got about the same weight as me to lose in about the same amount of time. I'll definitely be following your progress - it'll keep me on track!

Best of luck. I was losing 2lb a week eating 1000 to 1200 kcals per day (including carbs) so you will DEFINITELY beat that with the CD. :):):) I refuse to go dress shopping until at least March - leaving me about 10 weeks to find the perfect dress... hmmmm!

eek xoxo

I've had my dress for a year now, I bought it straight from China. Saved boat loads of money!

I've just started a new diary, will def be keeping track on yours. I need the motivation.

How are your wedding plans going? Are you having Church or registry, big do, small do....

Hi,

We are having a really small do (immediate family only) and are getting married in ... Gretna Green! We are getting married by a minister in the Blacksmith's workshop over the anvil by a methodist minister - the hotel at Gretna does 'package' deals so the reception, makeup, accommodation for us & guests, photographer, minister - even a piper for the wedding - are all sorted for us. Its almost been a bit too easy!

I've been with the hubby to be for 8 years now so it feels right, starting to get excited/nervous now!!

Did you get the dress via ebay? I've been looking at some gorgeous ones there which are all from China for a really reasonable price, so I'm tempted myself.

How about you? I'm all ears for wedding details!!

xoxo

Well, originally we were going to go and stay in Canada with my Mum and get married over there, the marriage licence costs a whole £12.50!!!

But family and friends made such a big deal about not being there, that we ended up deciding to get married over here.

We're getting married in a gorgeous little church near where I grew up, feels a bit hypocritical as neither of us are religious, but we did make it clear to the reverand and they are happy to welcome anyone as long as they are respectful and sincere. Then onto a local dance hall for the reception and evening do.

We're (read that as I!) are doing as much as we can ourselves, to keep the costs down. And calling in favours whereever possible!

I bought my dress through www.weddingdressforless.com . It's a replica of the designer one that I had seen, but my dress cost £282! And that included the shipping, the underskirt, a shawl and a matching clutch. Bargain!

Ooooo, thanks for the link Cornish. There goes my sunday evening! Still, it'll take my mind off the dreaded blood test tomorrow. Just routine but I HATE HATE HATE needles :eek::eek::eek:.

So, I can't believe it's Day 11 already. I am so proud of myself for sticking to this 100%, I hope the scales agree with me on wednesday evening. I was reading some other threads about 'pre weighing rituals' for those who get weighed in the evening and found them strangely familiar - no water past 3pm, last meal at least 6 hours before, poo if possible (sorry, crude!). Hmm.

I'm really struggling to eat three meals a day at the moment - I'm just not hungry enough and have to force the porridge down my throat at lunch. I'm going to ask my CDC for just shakes for next week, at least you can swallow those quickly and there is a bigger range of flavours. I hate coffee but my favourite shake so far is the cappucino - bit odd, but hey ho!

I went swimming this morning - still ridiculously crowded, especially for a sunday morning. I felt a bit out of sorts though and had a dizzy spell doing the washing up before I went so I took it easy this time. Came home, tried in some sort of suicide mission to try on my size 16 'target' jeans and, oh my god good, :D:D**THEY FIT**:D:D! I'm so pleased, I didn't have to breathe in to do them up either. Strange though that the last time I fit into them I felt happy with my weight and thought I looked OK, this time I still feel like I've got a mountain to climb. Distorted image, new goals etc I suppose.

A special mention to my other half here who asked if we could stop at Burger King on the way to see my g/parents this afternoon, and then bought two giant double cheeseburgers with bacon and ate them in the car whilst I drove!! The smell will be there for weeks, I'm sure. Think he's making a silent protest as on my calorie controlled diet we always had a meal togther on sundays. Not anymore, sadly.

The main things on my mind now are coming off this diet - I'm scared of glycogen gain/relapse to old eating habits - and when to start the antibiotics. I'm paranoid and convinced they'll drop me out of ketosis, so i might start in Feb (to allow a bit of weight loss first, just in case). They are not medically necessary, just cosmetic reasons only so the GP is not bothered if and when I take them.

As a final thought I just thought I'd share my biggest <light hearted> gripe with the CDC - she comes to my house and we were mid way through decorating the lounge when we abandoned it to save for the wedding. I feel like such a tramp when she talks of her lovely new house whilst sitting on my grubby sofa, with dog toys at her feet and walls with no skirting board. Aaargh!

Eek xoxo

Congratulations! Size 16 jeans?!?! Brilliant! Think I'm a few months off those!

You must be happy to see such a tangible change in your shape.

Hi x
Hope you had a good weekend, I so know what you mean with regards to how hard these diets are but you seem in the right mind set as hopefully I am x Here s to another good week, I had a few wobbly moments at the weekend but fought through them Im glad to say xx:D

Hi to all,

I understand the wobbly moments Katie - I seem to be having more and more at the moment. I think its because I'm getting bored of the shakes/porridge/soup combos, its been two weeks tomorrow with only these three things to 'eat' - CD weigh in tomorrow evening so we'll see if it is still paying off. Everything the other half eats smells delicious and tempting - even his liver and onions tonight which I can't stand.

I keep telling myself that its only another 10 weeks out of my life to go before at least a little meal, and picturing the wedding photos if I DON'T stick to this. I want a photo I can hang up on the wall, not cringe every time I see it. It doesn't help that I want a strapless dress and my worst areas (apart from the bum, legs, stomach, hips...) are my arms - bingo wings alert! and my round face. That is not being down on myself - I inherited it from my dad who looks like Benny Hill when photographed, bless him! - but it does show up double chins easily and does not photograph well, making me look more bloated than I am.

Another point of view is that I deserve to suffer for a few months as punishment for how greedy I was before. And as they say, no pain no gain.

I had two meals yesterday again instead of three - I am really, really trying not to do this so I forced lunch down my throat today. I can tell I'm underdoing it because I keep getting a few light headed moments, I even felt a bit faint and sicky sitting in the hairdressers this evening, which is really not good. How strange though that I'm in this position of having to lose so much weight because I ate rubbish even when not hungry, and now I'm having to force myself to eat anything at all.

On the plus side, using my own scales (which bear no relation to CDC scales!) I had set myself a target of 93.9kg by 15.01.11. I use kg so that it doesn't distract me/disillusion me from the official CDC weigh in as I don't know what kgs translate into for stones or pounds. Weighed in tonight at 92.1kg. Hope to be under 90 by the end of Jan!

I have an EVIL schedule at work for the next few days, dreading the 5am get up plus 7 hour drive on thursday - how am I going to cope with the pee stops?? Plus, if I ever stop at services it is a habit to buy a kitkat. It'll have to be a nice, refreshing bottle of Evian instead - just for a change!!!

Love to all

xoxo

Oh hun, you've hit the end of the honeymoon period. When the enthusiasm and excitement of it all runs out, from here on it's all hard work I am afraid. But....on the up side. You are two weeks in! You're a 6th of the way to being that amazing, slim woman that you have been dreaming of!

You do know that in week 3 you can start having the bars? Which on one hand are a blessing, because you've got something solid to chew on, but they can also make it harder, because you have something solid to chew on...lol!

Also, what about trying some of the clever recipes you can do with the shakes etc. Like making crisps, or mousse, or jelly, or freezing a tetra so it comes out like ice cream?

Back