Can't believe I've made it this far... Must Keep GOING!!!

Keep at it. Are there any other flavors you could try next week? Might help you stop feeling bored.

Keep focussed on your goals. Good luck!

Hi x
We started at the same time and I ve stuck to it 100% but I do understand the wobbly moments.. x Keep strong you can do this :D I can't wait to see the dress that you choose.. :D x

Thanks so much for your support ladies, it has helped so, so much!

I've had a totally poo-ey day at work today, found out that some of my staff will probably be made redundant in April and had to tell them all this afternoon. So it helps to put things into perspective - I'm sure their evening will be far far worse than mine. Best wishes to them all xoxoxo. Stupid banks, all their fault <grump>. At least I didn't go running to the fridge in consolation - as would have been my response a few months ago.

On top of that I had the CDC weigh in this evening, which wasn't great because I was in a bit of an anti-social mood. Sorry to sound like a cow, but when I've had a rubbish day I usually hide behind the laptop or a book for a bit before I cheer up. I knew it wouldn't be a great weigh in because:
a. I've not had enough water in the past three days, its so difficult when you are in meetings all day
b. Only went to the gym once in the end
c. I've only had two meals on three days in the past week (bad bad bad).

As CDC rightly told me, eating 2 meals a day slows weight loss, so I've bought all shakes this week as they are easier to gulp down!

Anyhew, lost 4lb this week and 2 inches from my waist (which is I suppose what really matters). That makes 9lb in two weeks which is not great for some people, I know, but is fab for me! On previous diet it would be about 3lb in two weeks, so thats triple the weight loss :D:D

Next week, with any luck, I'll be in the 100s of lbs rather than the 200s!!! Only a few lbs off three stone weight loss as well, wow.

As Kez so rightly said, the honeymoon is over and reality has set in a bit. I am craving a proper meal more so now than before, especially roast chicken with veg, but... I'VE BOUGHT THE DRESS (yeay! Its perfect) so there's no going back. Although I want to cheat I know I absolutely won't, if you see what I mean. Too much at stake!

For anyone slightly interested, here it is:
A-Line Strapless Beading Court Train Chiffon Bridal Gowns

I always said I wouldn't buy over the net, but I was browsing and you know when you spot it and say - that's the one? It happened to me! I've bought a size 14 and found a good tailor to take it in if necessary (here's hoping!) so its all good.

Off for final soup (don't want it), pint of water and then beddy byes - dreaded 5am start tomorrow aaargh.

Love to all, eek xoxox

Wow your dress is stunning, it's quite similar to mine. Here's mine

Wedding Dresses Gowns WG0406 - Dion

Pictures at the bottom of the page. I seriously can't remember what size my dress is, going to try and find the emails in a sec. I 'think' I got a 16, but cause it's a lace up I can go a size bigger or smaller.

4lbs is brilliant! Especially as you've already done a couple of stone. What other diet would give you a 4lb loss each week?

I was naughty this evening and had a piece of bread with some tuna in, kicking myself as it's probably going to mean another day before I hit ketosis, but it was bloody handsome! And hopefully my little cheat will mean its out of my system for another few days.

Absolutely beautiful dresses girlies and really good value- I want to buy one and haven't even got a boyfriend!!! I'm sure you'll both look gorgeous on it specials day!! Xx

Such good value! Considering the real designer version of mine was £1100 for the dress, I ended up paying £282 for my dress, the underskirt, a matching beaded shawl and they made me a little beaded purse to match. Oh and that included my shipping and insurance...lol!

I do like a bargain! Now just need to fit into it?! Eek

That's amazing- I want to get married just for the bargain!!! When's your wedding date? And how much are you planning to lose? What an incentive!! Xx

I'm getting married 2nd July, need to lose 4/5 stone to be comfortable in my dress I'm reckoning. Guess I'll have a better idea when the weight starts to come off.

ooh....amazing dresses!!!!! I hope you have printed the out and stuck them everywhere to help keep you motivated!!! (well everywhere your fiance won't see it!!)

Hehe, I was about to say that!

Ooooo Kez - tuna sandwiches... mmmmmm <drools>!!! What an utterly fab dress - it is a bit similar to mine :) Not sure if I'll have to buy an underskirt too, I think I probably will. I wanted a lace back one too (because of the extra room!) and the company said they would do it instead of buttons for a few extra quid but I decided against it in the end. I like the structure of the dress and the buttons do look nice. Guess I'll just have to wear a corset underneath if I need something to lace up... I'm sure hubby to be wouldn't object to that!

I'm glad greatthings corrected me on your thread about the difference between tetras and bars... i honestly thought they were the same thing! Newbie disease ;)

PS If that's a recent pic of you on your profile I think you look great right now, so I'm sure you'll be stunning in July xoxo

Jay, I'm still realing from your amazing feat of self control on your own thread, well done again! I'm so in the habit of certain things eg when I work in Bristol getting a chocomilk from their machine (yummy) that I'm scared I'll get one and be drinking it without thinking...

Hi Kimmi, welcome! I've been reading your thread from afar. I'm sure you're lovely just as you are and any man worth his salt would think the same. However, I do understand that what matters is your own self confidence. I met my other half when I was at my absolute largest (size 22 and 18 and a half stone and really bad acne at the time! Nice!) which is kind of nice because I know that he loves me whatever I look like. I really wish you all the best xoxox

So, Day... oh, whatever - in week three! Despite a mega busy day - only a 15 hour shift, sob - I did well. I drank all the water but on the 3 hour drive back home I got caught short on an A road with no services so I parked in a layby and had a pee behind a tree <shame!>. It was a relief though! Think I may invest in one of those she-wee things!! I ate all three shake things, but I had my last soup this evening and it was so not to my taste it made me gag.

Back on an up now and back to full motivation - so proud of myself for not cheating at all. I really hope I lose 4lb this coming week as that would make it 3 stone in 3 months, not to be sniffed at methinks.

Love to all xoxox

Many thanks for your kind words!! I'm laughing at your story becaua I have the same problem- I travel 90 mins to work and had to wee in a layby yesterday, I literally couldn't hold it in anymore!!! Xx

Absolutely not to be sniffed at, pretty amazing I reckon! Inspiration for me as well.

My CDC had a lady who started in September and has lost 5 stone! It can be done, that's what I need to keep remembering!

Haha, while we're all confessing, I had to stop the other night and jump over a gate and go in a field! Lol

Blimey....I did realise the measure of a good week was a pee on a curb! Hehe!

Week 3! Wow! Good work!

Hello eeek!

I just wanted to say hello as I am getting married year too! 22 July!

You are doing brilliantly! Keep up the good work!

Xxx

Hi Jill, welcome - wow, our start weight and total weight loss to date are almost identical! I too would love to fit into a size 12 dress, but I'm being realistic and will be OK with a 14. I suppose that way I can only be pleasantly suprised. That said, there is still 4 months to go and Cambridge seems to shift the weight quicker than any other diet I've seen! If you have any pics of the dress please feel free to share, I just can't seem to satisfy my appetite for all things wedding at the moment :)

So, I went into the local shop today and bought 5 of those huge 5L bottles of water, which caused the gobby shop assistant much amusement.. "we're not in Ireland you know, plenty of tap water here HA HA HA". Hmph! At least if I'm going to restrict my diet so much I'll have good water to drink. We live in a really hard water area and the stuff out of the tap is a bit scummy and settles to a white 'film' at the top of the glass - tastes OK but not too appealing.

I also give the dog bottled water - she's not too much of a pampered pooch (actually, that's a lie) but I read somewhere that dogs can be really sensitive to the taste of flouride in tap water, so she gets the posh stuff.

Happy half day today thanks to the grueller yesterday. Think I'll do not much at all before meeting the girlies this evening. May brave the gym tomorrow, who knows.

Eek xoxox

I know what you mean about the water, I get funny looks when my trolley is piled high with water lol :D
Just to say hope you have a good weekend x

Hey!

How funny, we were almost exactly the same weight to start and have lost exactly the same amount to date! Our end goals are very similar too (although my current plan is to get to 9st 13lb/139lb on CD, then switch to WW to lose another 1st/14lb to take me to 8st 13lb/127lb - as I'm only 5ft 3in).

My dress is a size 12 too, here's some pics:-

Ronald Joyce Veni 55034 in baby pink, bought 2nd hand from preloved:-

Picture4112-1.jpg

Picture447-1.jpg

Picture4232-1.jpg

Picture437-1.jpg

Picture458-1.jpg

Picture544-1.jpg

I buy the Tesco Value 17p water, 20 bottles at a time - bargain at £3.40 for 40 litres. I'm not fond of the tap water here and I like having it measured out for me, so I know I need to drink 2 x 2 litre bottles a day.

Xxx

Back