Can't stand the shakes

Shannon92

Heya, i'm struggling a bit at the moment, i really can not stand the LT shakes and soup, this is the only thing getting me down, i can cope with not eating and suprising i havnt been moody at all in fact my dad has said that i seem more cheery since ive started LT. I have just started my period aswell and im craving something tasty, but i think the LT stuff is vile. I have already lost 11 pounds in five days and i really dont want to give up so is there anything i can add to the shakes or soup to make them taste better. :help2:

Shannon xxx

you could try adding a spoonful of coffee to the vanilla or chocolate one and make it with hot water - bit like a vanilla latte or a mochacino (spelling??!!). You can make a mousse out of the choc and strawberry shakes. I put worcester sauce in my soup at night and it really makes a difference and hasn't affected my WI, although I'm only on wk2. 11lb is fantastic so keep it up - i'm sure other people will have other suggestions for making the shakes more palatable - there's so much advice and support here, keep reading x x x

I just take shakes plain so I am no help there but just wanted to pop in and say Whoooo Hooooo on 11lb in 5 days!!!!!! Don't let the taste stop you. Maybe the others will give you ideas to spice up shakes but if not....hold your nose when you drink them.....honestly.....if you can't smell them it cuts off your taste buds and you don't taste them!!! But keep going hun .....you're doing fab!

I actually like the shakes and soups so it must be difficult for you if you do not like the taste, My Pharmacist suggested to me that if you drink peppermint tea, Dip the used tea bag into you're chocolate shake gives it a nice taste, Not sure what you are able to add to the soup, Someone will come along shortly and let you know :p You are doing so well stick with it sweetie, And just pinch you're nose and gulp them down :D

have you tried blending the shakes with ice thats nice or with the vanilla and choc you can make a mousse

Hi Shannon.

Well done on your losses so far.

Many people find the shakes taste weird at the start because all you can taste is the vitamins and minerals, but they do improve over time. I love all 3 flavoured shakes now, though I do make my vanilla into a (cold) latte. Make sure you whisk them up well so there are no lumps. Also, experiment with the amount of water you make them with, I prefer about 400mls of water but everyone is different.

I hated the soup in week 1 and haven't had the courage to try it again yet!

x

If you aren't adding sweetners already, try adding one as this helps (or maybe two if you really need to). I was very nearly sick when I first had the strawberry shake! But the sweetners make them taste a little like crusha milkshake :)

As for the soup. I found adding some pepper very helpful- never add salt. I also added a little bit of ground coriander and other such fragrant spices to start with, but I don't have any now. You will become accustomed to the taste of each- my least fav is strawberry but I will have it if I need to!

Heya, i'm struggling a bit at the moment, i really can not stand the LT shakes and soup, this is the only thing getting me down, i can cope with not eating and suprising i havnt been moody at all in fact my dad has said that i seem more cheery since ive started LT. I have just started my period aswell and im craving something tasty, but i think the LT stuff is vile. I have already lost 11 pounds in five days and i really dont want to give up so is there anything i can add to the shakes or soup to make them taste better. :help2:

Shannon xxx

Hey Shannon - not sure where you are...but have you thought about trying the Cambridge Diet ? more variety...and hopefully there would be something you would like :)

Debz xx

I never liked the shakes at all, have always used the shaker, last weekend I left my shaker at my in -laws, so decided to use the blender, ice and chocolate shake, its yummy ! ! I have actually found myself craving a choc shake and ice in the blender!

Also remember your taste buds will adapt!

Keep going honey, it will be worth it, I promise.

x x x

Hey, there's a sticky where I posted the things that really helped me get through week one before. But also -if you're truly struggling perhaps consider Cambridge. Its basically the same but the flavours are nicer and there's much more of them. I'm doin LT cus its handier for me and also I find the shakes a litle more filling. Its probably psychological but hey...

GOOD LUCK AND WELL DONE!!!

I think I'm going to switch to Cambridge tomorrow.
I've made an appointment with a counsellor.
I only really enjoy the strawberry shakes and I am worried I will get bored very quickly.
Also really missing something savoury and I can't manage the chicken soup any more, although I didn't mind it at first.

For more variety Cambridge is definitely the way to go.
About the same price and seems to work just as well.

Back