Capsule Wardrobe

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
What would you put in a capsule wardrobe, if you were starting from scratch...

I'll soon get to the stage where none of my clothes fit... I've got a some size 16 stuff to tide me over the next month, but after that I'll need to start buying some things - want to be prepared, lol.

So go on - what would you get?

I just can't do 'capsule' wardrobes!:D Once I get slim I'll just want to buy anything and everything!

well - according to Gok - we all only need 24 key pieces..........................

I could NEVER surviv on that small amount alone. Anyhow - I guess good staple items have to be a smart pair of black trousers, a smart black skirt & a smart pair of jeans - a jacket that goes with all 3 - a pair of fomal shoes, pair of strappy, dressy shoes and a pair of practical flats. Personally I am a slave to accessories - chunky necklaces, scarves, bangles and matching earrings......

Crikey - I will be here all night and we havn't even started on tops/bags/other skirts/cardis.................................

I wouldn't care what it was!! The fact it was a size 14 would be good enough :)

I have practically nothing in my wardrobe at present that fits as all my size 16s are now loose and only have a couple of size 14's

I jsut don't know what to buy but I know I dont wanna waste money as I wont wear it long!

x

Tillyfloss that is the best! Just buy a few wee cheap things till you get to target then go for it.

I said on other thread, I would like
a pretty summer dress
diesel jeans
a little black dress
a business suit
a strappy sleeveless top

fantastic topic! Ok here's mine
7 for all mankind jeans
Perfect White work shirt
Pencil skirt
Tailored black trousers
Leather bomber jacket

That's on the wishlist, but I want loads more but have expensive taste so will need to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all! I only wear plain classic stuff and am only going to buy quality from now on, not disposable clothes that I won't wear!

Between sizes I'm planning on buy the cheapest clothes I can.... ie. George, Matalan and TU. I don't care if I don't look that stylish, it means when I get to goal and splash out on a fantastic new wardrobe I'll look even more amazing! I'm lucky that h2b is giving me a card loaded with a bit of spondoollah to spend on whatever I want if I can get to goal weight.... that day shopping is going to be the most amazing day ever!

I will be going to a capsule wardrobe, something like :

Designer jeans (probably a couple of pairs, I love jeans...)
Tailored suit- which will be jacket, trousers, pencil skirt and waistcoat so I can mix and match ;)
A summer dress that I can accessorize to make it a bit smarter for evenings
A nice skirt
A light weight jacket (I already have a mucho expensive cream wool coat that I WILL get back into for winter)

stop it - all of you - I want to go shopping now - and the shops are not even open yet !!!!!!!

Oh - and apart from the fact I have no money and I have a double wardrobe full of things I can no longer fit into anyway...................
minor detail I guess - I will return to that wardrobe at some point in the hopefully not too distant future lol

What a lovely goal to hang onto though - I think that it is a good idea to buy expensive classic pieces once at goal - I always buy cheap throwaway fashion which I repeat every year - buy cheap - wear it throughout the season - get rid - summer comes round again the following year - buy cheap - wear it throughout...........ra ra ra and so the cysle is repeated - bit like my dieting history for the last couple years - starve - lose - eat - gain - anyways - I do go on - SORRY :) - now back to shopping - are those shops open yet....................................:D:D:D:D

I've been in the charity shops every week looking for stuff. If you have time to rummage theres always stuff from next, markies, debenhams etc and for only a few pounds you get nice clothes for a few weeks before you drop another size. I donate the stuff back again when i'm finished with it!

Just coming out of lurky land to say.... capsule wardrobe.... ladies not a hope, you will buy everything and anything and why not, we have alot of shopping to make up for!!

Enjoy it!

xx

here here Porgeous....

And everytime I see hyour pic I am blown away.... I always think someone must have stolen your body one night and left you a totally new fantastic model!!!
You are a different person :)

x

And everytime I see hyour pic I am blown away.... I always think someone must have stolen your body one night and left you a totally new fantastic model!!!

x

Now that is what I call a diet plan, you could be onto something there!! x

I wonder howm many of us have wished that before we just got on and decide we had to put in the effort and get it for ourselves!!!

:)
x

Porgeous you look stunning...I want to wear an outfit like yours and look as good. I especially want to wear a belt that I don't mind showing! Usually that area is covered by baggy tops...I want a waist again.

This echos my thoughts exactly.
I've always bought things on the hop and whatever makes me look as thin as I can.

Loved the 7 for all mankind jeans that you posted a link for on here and found out there is an outlet store in Orlando.

When I go there I'm going to buy a capsule wardrobe that will include:

Classic white shirt
Little black dress
A few pairs of jeans
A mac
A few suits for work
Pinafore dress

fantastic topic! Ok here's mine
7 for all mankind jeans
Perfect White work shirt
Pencil skirt
Tailored black trousers
Leather bomber jacket

That's on the wishlist, but I want loads more but have expensive taste so will need to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all! I only wear plain classic stuff and am only going to buy quality from now on, not disposable clothes that I won't wear!

good list watergirl! When are you going to Orlando?? I'm v. Jealous!! There is a 7fam boutique in Paris and we are hoping to go there September time, previously I would have walked past with my head down, now I'm planning on being at goal and clearing the place out!!

Love, Love, Love 7 for all mankind jeans.
They're my secret obsession. I have about 7 pairs of them, all originals. None of the damn things fit me though but thats a differnet story!

I can't wait to go skinny shopping!!!!

Capsule wardrobe for today:

Wellies
Jumpers (lots of - thicker the better)
Thermal vest
Waterproof trousers
mac
cagoule
2 pairs fisherman socks
balaclava

This weather had better get hotter again or else I will be buried in large cardis all summer and no-one will know that I've lost weight :mad:

Back