Cara's Food Diary.... Starts Tomorrow :)

Dirtycellar

Well, joined SW tonight at my local class. Got all my bits n bobs and just done my shopping online. So full speed ahead tomorrow, gonna take some muddling I think to get it all sussed out. I found out I get an extra healthy extra A for breastfeeding... WOOP!

Tomorrow I plan to eat....

HEA's 350ml skimmed milk & 3 mini babybel

B: 2 x weetabix (HXB), with milk from above plus 1 apple & 1 kiwi

L: 4 jacobs crackers (6 syn), babybel from above, some wafer thin ham, salad leaves and onion with 3 tablespoons light salad cream (4.5 syn) and some graps

D: Butterfly chicken breast with spices oven baked with a jacket spud and yet more salad leaves and onion with light salad cream (4,5 syn)

Does that sound ok? My shopping is delivered tomorrow so more fruit n veg en route :)

So far today: ( I get 2 x hex a for Breastfeeding)

Hex a - 350ml skim milk

B: 2 x weetabix (hex b) with 1 spoon half spoon sugar 1 syn., 2 kiwi, handful grapes.

450ml sf squash. Tea with 1/2 spoon of half spoon sugar. 0.5 syn.

L: 2 x wholemeal nimble (5 syn) with 2 level tea spoons light spread (2 syn) and ham. Side salad of lettuce & onion with 3 level tbsp light salad cream (4.5). 3 x light babybel (hex a)

Sf squash 250ml. 2 x Tea with 1/2 spoon of half spoon sugar. 2 x 0.5 syn.

Apple. Strawberries. Chicken slices.

D: chicken curry & rice made with onion, pepper, carrot 2 x chopped toms, spinach, garlic, ginger & spices and a dolop of ketchup (added 1 syn).

2 x 450ml sf squash.

15 syns I think

Does this sound ok?

Last edited:
Can anyone please take a look at my food and let me know if thSt sounds ok? Thanks

Thursday 2/6/11 Day 2 Extra Easy

B: bacon, egg, baked beans & brown sauce (1 syn) & fruit salad of kiwi, clementine (x2) & grapes

Snack Muller light

L: small jacket with a little spread (2 syn) with tuna, light mayo (5 syn) & apple

D: Home made beef burgers & SW chips with side salad with light salad cream (4.5 syn) and small amount ketchup to dip (1 syn)

Drinks

2 x cups of tea with milk (hex a) and 2 x 1/2 spoons of half spoon sugar (1 syn)

Cadburys highlights (2) with remains of hex a & kellogs fiber plus bar hexb

Syns 16.5

Last edited:
Friday 3/6/11 extra easy day 3

Breakfast: 2.5 boiled eggs, half tin of beans, strawberrys and raspberrys with ff yogurt.

Lunch: ham sandwich with 3 slices ww brown Danish (heb) 2 tsp light spread (2 syn), lettuce, onion & 2 extra light cheese triangles (hea). Apple.

Snack: 2 x clementines & muller light & sone chicken

Dinner: Szechuan beef (5 syn??) & boiled rice. Strawberries, rasp & grapes.

3 smarties (1 syn??)

Cadburys highlight (2syn) with milk from hea.

10 syns

I don't seem to be using up my healthy extras. Or not all of them anyways... Is this common?

Sat 4/6/11 extra easy day 4

B: 3 bacon, 1.5 egg, 1/2 tin beans, strawberries and raspberries

L: chicken drumstick with skin, beef burger in crusty cob with ketchup, 2 x small pork belly steak things, chicken kebab. No sf.

S: muller light

D: tuna salad. Lettuce onion & pepper. Salad cream (4.5 syn)

S: kellogs fibre plus (heb)

Drinks: tea with full fat milk (hea) 4 small glasses wine? Some nas squash. Highlights hot choc. (2syn)

It was my sons 3rd birthday party so was off plan :) could have been worse!! I had no cake!!

Last edited:
Sunday 5th June extra easy day 5

B: bacon & egg sandwich on ww brown Danish (2/3 heb) brown sauce (1 syn?). Strawberries & raspberries.

S: muller light & apple

L: left over chick curry with lots sf in it from (wed??) with 1 slice ww bread (1/3 heb).

D: chicken chorizo and veg Spanish style stew thingy with mushroom peppers onions tomatoes in it and rice. Yummy. (1.5 syn for chorizo)

S: alpen light (3 syn) highlights hot choc (2 syn) with milk from hea.

5 syns

Last edited:
hi, just had a look at your food diary, it looks good.
Thought i should let you know that alpen lights are all 3syns (you have them as 4 syns?). Have you tried the double chocolate ones? they are lush.
also you mentioned that you are struggling to use up your healthy extras, both? or A's/B's? xxx

LornaGrace said:
hi, just had a look at your food diary, it looks good.
Thought i should let you know that alpen lights are all 3syns (you have them as 4 syns?). Have you tried the double chocolate ones? they are lush.
also you mentioned that you are struggling to use up your healthy extras, both? or A's/B's? xxx

Ooh thanks for that, good spot!! I have choc & fudge and double choc. Not tried double yet.

It's my a's I'm struggling with. I Breastfeeding so get 2 a's on ee. I'm having a choc highlights everynight to use my milk up. Rarely having both though.

Thanks

Ooh thanks for that, good spot!! I have choc & fudge and double choc. Not tried double yet.

It's my a's I'm struggling with. I Breastfeeding so get 2 a's on ee. I'm having a choc highlights everynight to use my milk up. Rarely having both though.

Thanks

To help you get your other A, you could always try putting some cheese in with your sandwich or grating some on your salad...

BeckyT said:
To help you get your other A, you could always try putting some cheese in with your sandwich or grating some on your salad...

Good idea. It's not something I normally do so doesn't spring to mind.

im probably not the best person for ideas - i love cheese so i easily use up my A choice. Is there any reason why you dont have cheese?
could it be easier for you to include it into your meals? melt cheese on pasta/burger/jaketpotato/toast, greek salad (feta), philadelphia on crackers/scan bran!

if you struggle to use up milk why not change to semi skimmed - 250ml, then its less to try and use up through the day?

sorry probs not much help, looks fine though otherwise. when is your first weigh in? x

I do like cheese but just forget to eat it lol. Currently having salad with ham and cheese triangles and super noodles :)

B: 2 x weetabix with milk hea & 1 spoon half spoon sugar 1 syn. Strawb, rasp apple.

Cup tea with 1/2 spoon half spoon sugar. 2 x choc coins. 3.5 syn

L: supernoodles, ham, extra light cheese triangles hea, lettuce, onion & peppers. 3 tbsp extra light salad cream. 3 syn

2 x Cup of tea 1 syn. Cadburys fudge 5.5 syn. Muller light

D: Pork loin steaks, fat trimmed but some remained within so counting 3 syn. Potatoes, peas, parsnip, broccoli, carrot. Apple. Gravy 2 Syn.

Syns = 19

Started off sooooo well... "/

Weigh in tomorrow, not holding out too much hope :(

Last edited:
Sorry for missed couple of days, been manic & forgot what I ate.

Wed 8th June extra easy

B: strawberry raspberry 2 x clementines & muller light

S: apple

L: 3 x ryvita heb with 3 x el laughing cow triangles, salad & ham. Salad cream (3 syn)

S: alpen light

D: steak, sw chips, 'fried' onion, peas, broccoli & raspberry

S: cad highlights with milk hea. Maybe another alpen light. (5 syn)

Thursday 9th June
Extra easy

B: bacon & cheese (hea) omelette and a lf sausage (1 syn) and fruit salad with strawberry, raspberry & clementine.

S: apple

L: jacket spud with tuna & cheese (rest of hea) and side salad. 1 tbsp light spread (2.5 syn), 2 tbsp el Mayo (1 syn) & 1 tbsp el salad cream (1 syn).

D: chilli con carne sw style, el mince & added in celery, carrot, courgette, peppers and tomatoes served with rice.

S: 2 x alpen light.

Glass wine, very small, (4 syn), cad highlights milk hea (2 syn), nas squash. Tea with 1/2 sugar 0.5 syn.

Syns: 12

Friday 10th June
Extra easy

B: bacon & cheese omelette with fruit salad straw, rasp & clementine.

L: pizza express

Lots wine & chocolate.

Sat 11th June
Extra easy

B: wetherspoons large brekkie & full fat coke

Lots junk

D: sw friendly chilli & rice

S: alpen light, apple

Well the take that trip is over, back to plan!!

Sunday 12th June
Extra easy

B: bacon & cheese (hea) omelette. Raspberries & apple.

S: muller light

L: home made tomato & veg & pasta soup with 2 x ww brown Danish (heb)

S: 3 x Thorntons choc fudge (6 syn)

D: roast dinner; meat, peas, carrots, broccoli, roast potatoes. Gravy. 3 syn for roast spuds & 2 syn for gravy.

S: highlights 2 syn

Last edited:
Monday 13th June

Extra easy

B: whole grapefruit, bacon omelette, apple

2 x Tea with 1/2 sugar (1 syn) milk from hea

S: clementine, straw & rasp

L: 4 ryvita heb with Phili light hea, lettuce, pepper onion and ham. And side salad.

S: Muller light

D: 3 half fat sausages, 3 syn, mash milk from hea 1 syn for el spread, peas, broccoli, carrot, gravy 3 syn.

Options choc 2 syn

10 syns

Last edited:
Back