Cara's New JUDDDD Diary

biggusburdus said:
Run indoors in a gym or treadmill?
When I used to run I lovd it frosty! I must have been mad! Lol

Can't really afford a gym. There's not one close by either. I have do my runs on the way from work to childminders after work on a Tuesday. I do school pick up Mon, Wed and Fri and wouldn't get there in time running. DH has boys on Thur so I run to work Thur morning. Then I have either Sat or Sun morning depending on what shift DH on.

No room in house for a treadmill.

Today's run had hailstones and sleet. Drenched thru but feeling fab. Only thing I'm worried bout weather wise is ice really.

Think I've just about defrosted. Coffee time!

Cara babe u are flippin awesome! I love it when folk come over to the dark side of exercise ;-) xx

halfangelhalftart said:
Can't really afford a gym. There's not one close by either. I have do my runs on the way from work to childminders after work on a Tuesday. I do school pick up Mon, Wed and Fri and wouldn't get there in time running. DH has boys on Thur so I run to work Thur morning. Then I have either Sat or Sun morning depending on what shift DH on.

No room in house for a treadmill.

Today's run had hailstones and sleet. Drenched thru but feeling fab. Only thing I'm worried bout weather wise is ice really.

Think I've just about defrosted. Coffee time!

Mmmm hailstones, lovely!

I am sure you will find a solution to the weather.. I must have rose tinted glasses when I think back as I loved my running. Only issue for me was my knees as I piled on the weight! I did go out in some nasty weather but I always took it as a challenge!

I am sure u will get other suggestions for when its too bad to go out. Skipping rope, planks and other body weight driven exercises..

Good luck I wish I was as motivated!

Caroline_Louise said:
Cara babe u are flippin awesome! I love it when folk come over to the dark side of exercise ;-) xx

All thanks to you lush minis. Even in the olden days when I did go to the gym I never considered running outdoors!

biggusburdus said:
Mmmm hailstones, lovely!

I am sure you will find a solution to the weather.. I must have rose tinted glasses when I think back as I loved my running. Only issue for me was my knees as I piled on the weight! I did go out in some nasty weather but I always took it as a challenge!

I am sure u will get other suggestions for when its too bad to go out. Skipping rope, planks and other body weight driven exercises..

Good luck I wish I was as motivated!

On the days I don't run I do a few Tabata sets of squats, lunges, push ups or burpees. Just worried that I'll lose the stamina and when the weather is better I'll have to start from scratch. Hubby cycles so has hinted at getting a shed and putting a spinning bike in it.

Well this week is going to be damage limitation week after my 3 days up weekend. Although none of them were up and away days I am doubtful of a loss this week.

halfangelhalftart said:
Dear hips/bum:

I have lost weight. My waist and boobs have adjusted themselves accordingly.

Please do the same

Thank you kindly

Cara

Haha, i hope they listen ! Get squatting girlfriend ;-) x

Squats and lunges: they're what I live for!

Ha

TOTM back to a fortnightly cycle. Stoopid hormones. Just as well I use a Mooncup or it would cost a bliddy fortune.

Today I forgot the steak for the speedy goulash I had planned for tea and my lush but pricey bottle of olive oil leaked all over my bag and my pants. And the bus. Lovely.

But I finally got a sports' bra.

Ud today. Me and the boys met up with my mum. Went to Burger King. Had the chicken bit of a Chicken Royale and a few chips.

Felt stuffed and couldn't face the lamb stew I had in the slow cooker for tea! ;o(

However, I'm pretty sure I could eat a packet of bourbon biscuits!

Yes, lots of water and coffee....and seeing as off work - cleaning. Although with the boys also being off, the effects are short lived. Hehe

Made it through to tea time and was stuffed before I finished my portion! Got to be a good sign. Saved room/calories for a mini bag of Haribo though.

C25K week 5 day 2. Those two 8 min runs were the longest of my life. Day 3 leaps up to 20 mins non stop. I have no idea how I'll survive.

Not liking my belly atm. It's all crinkly round my belly button.

Well if I survive tomorrow I'm going out. In the evening. To pubs. And drinking alcohol. First time since end of July!!

Sadly I have nowt to wear and few funds to buy anything. I've had sneak peaks in shops but as always have boys in tow can never try anything on! Argh. And despite the weight loss everything I do have still looks cack.

Is there a full moon due? Feeling fat n frumpy. Ha

Edit: we've just had one. Explains a lot!

Last edited:
C25K week 5 day 3: I kicked your arse! I took advice from Derbynanny and kept my pace slow and I survived. Woop woop!

And despite a 3 day upper last weekend, 2lb off on the scales! No change from the tape measure for a few weeks tho, which is disappointing. Am still having some spotting so maybe a bit TOTM bloat lagging...?

So, 11st 2. That's the lightest I've been since 2009 when I left Slimming World. Aim is to get below 10st 8 which I was in 2005 when met hubby.

So def summat to aim for. Eek.

En route to town - child free - to find a new top. Fab day so far ;oD

I feel effing fabulous!

Yes, I'm in a real life pub. I'm wearing a size 12 leather jacket. Dress is a 14 but it's fitted and loose. Reduced from £60 to £20 in Oasis. Bargain.

And I can get my long boots zipped up again.

Back