Carb amounts???

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by doublemum, 30 August 2006 Social URL.

1. doublemum

doublemum Member

Hi all

Just a quick question about carbs????

Being on the CD obviously cuts down on carbs to keep you in ketosis, but i've just been looking at the bars contents & noticed the carb content, it is higher than a slice of bread!

So, my thinking if i had something with carbs in with the same amount or less would it kick me out of ketosis??

Or am i being completly blond & thats not how it works :confused:

Can you tell i'm sat thinking about food ;)

Lorraine xx
    Ajax likes this.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

Hi Lorraine, if you ate something with the same/similar net carbs ( that's carb from sugar) to the bars/packs you'd stay in ketosis, however you'd not get all the essential nutrition that the bars/packs contain.

4. Shadow

Shadow Member

I couldn't manage to just have one slice of bread, the loaf would be gone before I could wink!
  5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    Exactly and also it could trigger the want to eat other conventional food too :(
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.