Carb differences in Packs!

RenewMe

Did not realise the massive carb differences in packs depending on the variants you chose in a day!

:sigh:22.2g for a chewy bar compared to 15.1g for a crunchy one Yikes! No wonder some people complaint about small losses...

RenewMe said:
Did not realise the massive carb differences in packs depending on the variants you chose in a day!

:sigh:22.2g for a chewy bar compared to 15.1g for a crunchy one Yikes! No wonder some people complaint about small losses...

Hey...have only tried the peanut on so far?
Do you suggest any other flavours???

Hi

It depends on your tastes really! Everyone raves about the peanut one and I haven't even tried that one yet as I only started on the bars on Mon!
The toffee one is IMO horrible! The chocolate chewy one is sort of like a Mars bar on the first bite and takes ages to chew, in fact all the chewy ones do!!!
I had the orange chewy bar today and that's when I checked the carb content :eek: and that was really nice. Someone likened it to a Jaffa Cake taste and it really does give you the orange 'hit'! Will probably order one of those for next week, but will probably try to avoid taking the 'Chewys' now!!!
The Mint Choc is the best so far!!!! lovely xxx

Wasn't sure what carb g we were allowed, thanks!

Apologies if this doesnt make sense but I posted incorrect info so I deleted it as a result this post which says

I'm on S&S absolutely love it.

now seems slightly random but it DID make sense originally lol dont want people going round saying just random bizarre things - well ok maybe sometimes thats what I do ;)

Last edited:
I'm on S&S absolutely love it.[/QUOTE

Thanks Starlight! Have actually ordered the 1 day sample pack from S&S and a bit apprehensive as to try it yet! The bars look tiny but maybe that is me just being greedy!:ashamed0005: I have the oatmeal, original spaghetti, a crispy choc shake and an maple and almond bar to try. If all goes well, I will move to S&S. As I mentioned in a previous my CDC was not very encouraging in terms of being empathetic, her scales weight me 2 pounds heavier than my own and the appointments are always at awkward times! I think I can do it alone as long as the packs are nice the added bonus is it is cheaper You can buy 2 months' worth of S&S for 1 months of CD!!! x:D

The bars arent huge but OMG theyre tasty :)

I have to admit, I had a nibble of the bar when it came and it was lush!:D I may try the sample packs tomorrow instead of having my usual CD and go from there! I will miss the Mint Choc Bars and Mint choc shakes though, but I cannot afford to mix and match CD & S&S like others can!!!:wave_cry: I loved the LL Toffee bars.... but financially that diet was crippling me!!!xxx

Starlight you truly are a Star! If they DO add Mint Choc shakes, I'm sold!!! I will try the samples! :D:D xxx

Oooo let me know what h think I have ordered the samples but not tried yet xxx

Hey Miss CB

I am a bit scared to try to be honest. I am just getting used to CD and quite 'enjoy' the packs, well not 'enjoy' but you know what I mean! Everyone seems to be raving about the S&S meals. Well done on your weight loss by the way. I just want to get into the 9s, properly but my weight loss is so slow as I, like you, only have a little bit left to lose. xxx

Well just go for it they are supposed to be nice I also am finding it hard to justify the money xxxx

Hey Miss CB

I am a bit scared to try to be honest. I am just getting used to CD and quite 'enjoy' the packs, well not 'enjoy' but you know what I mean! Everyone seems to be raving about the S&S meals. Well done on your weight loss by the way. I just want to get into the 9s, properly but my weight loss is so slow as I, like you, only have a little bit left to lose. xxx

What aspect are you scared about :)

Don't kid yourself, living alone is no easier, the 'feed me' voices follow you about even living alone :0)

I am in the middle of a week of CD and am desperate to try the S&S but worried that it will affect what I am doing.
I am also worried that I will like these sample packs, jump the gun, order a variety and place a massive order and then waste money if I don't like it and I cannot afford to do that!

I am due to see my CDC on Tues at 6pm and dread the appointments as her scales are 2 pounds out compared to mine and I literally starve all day before I see her as EVERY appointment I have had with her has been a late, so I need to at least have a drink but even that adds weight! Pathetic I know.:rolleyes:
I may pospone my appointment with her and try S&S samples on Tues make up my mind once and for all and see her on Wed....

Hey Jess33

If I lived alone I would be a complete Hermit! I work full time from home, so that would not be an issue, I would never order a takeout for one either and would be too lazy to walk to a shop to cheat! but alas I do NOT live alone, I have a hubby that likes to laugh and torture me, waving treats under my nose, which really tests my will power and a DD who has an annoying habit of saying, 'I am hungry', at the most awkward of times, between 7-8pm when I am struggling and having a slump biding my time for to have my final shake....

I would seriously empty my cupboards so there is no temptation! :S

Well a hubby that finds it funny to flaunt treats infront of you, doesn't sound too easy I guess. I never order take always but I still seem to find something to eat that I shouldn't.

Well a hubby that finds it funny to flaunt treats infront of you, doesn't sound too easy I guess. I never order take always but I still seem to find something to eat that I shouldn't.

He is not very supportive about all these VLCD. I have been on LL and that was bad enough! Every now and again I just give up especially when the losses are slow, I give up and then start up again:rolleyes: OH just goes along with my wishes to keep the peace and so he can have a quiet life! This is a joke in itself as I am a miserable cow when I am on this!:whoopass: I cook him and our DD dinners but literally banish them into another room to eat while muttering expletives under my bad breath!! He has to constantly remind me, this was MY choice.... to live off 'powder':sigh:

I really lack will power and not cannot really afford all this.... in reality if I was strong enough, I could probably devise my own diet, but I have tried every other diet under the sun, WW, SL, Go Lower, and my own thing, and 1/2 a pound doesn't cut it for me.... I actually PUT ON weight on Go Lower and that was a Very costly mistake:eek:

Longterm though I must say I am the girl that done good though as I was 14.8lb, 8 years ago and lost 4 stone 5lb on LL and more or less through sheer will power kept it off by doing my own thingm but never got to goal just maintained or added a stone (YIKES!) that is what I am now aiming for to get to GOAL... xxx

Last edited:

Hey Jess

Sorry, forgot to say, don't be so hard on yourself if you do find something to eat that you shouldn't and end up eating it, we are only human after all. so
Can you not just keep some plain chicken in the fridge or high protein things if you are desperate? At least it you do that, you may still remain in ketosis? If you live alone, I know it sounds cliche why don't you write some inspirational phrases on post -its or your worst 'Big girl' photo and stick them on the fridge/food cupboard/mirror to help you, remember to take them down when guests come! If guests do show, try and stock up on your least fav biscuits so you will not feel tempted when you have to be hospitable...
When I was struggling with LL, I used to go to the food cupboard and as I opened it to stare at the treats, said to myself in my head 'You will NOT fail!' and slam the door shut!!! I still have the mental pic in my head of my most horrible holiday pic YIKES!:eek: xxx

Back