Step 1 Sole Source + Carb Junkie Going Cold Turkey

I am still feeling pretty rubbish and wish I could afford to have some more days off but I bit the bullet and I am sitting at work not really being very productive and wishing I was thinner so I could move up the steps and have REAL food!

Nic and I are going to stick with SS+ for now but we might move up a step soon as we both really miss the chickpeas and lentils we were allowed last week. I am not sure if we should wait until after Christmas though. But on the other hand I am planning to eat actual food at Christmas so maybe SS+ after that for a few weeks would be helpful in getting back into the swing of things and losing those extra lb's I am expecting to put on. Our target is to have lost 4 stone by that time so almost 2 months to go exactly.

Does anyone else think 2 months sounds like a really long time???? We have been on the diet now for nearly 14 weeks so I think it will have been just over 22 weeks by the time Christmas rolls around. 5 months!!!!!!! That is a really long time to have been on this diet!! I am hoping my sister won't recognise me when she sees me for the first time since my wedding back in April.

I was offered a new job in July and I turned it down. Everyone said I was crazy...it was more money, a company with a better reputation, experiencing a sector other than my own etc. Each day I have not regretted the choice with the exception of today where I feel I have completely wasted the past month of my life creating something that they have just asked to be completely changed :-( I don't know if it is a combination of my cold meaning I was already miserable and this on top of it but I am tempted to start looking again....

Maybe I can find a cool contracting job for 12 months (though I have to stay where I am until February to get the settlement I negotiated for staying put when I told my manager I had an offer for somewhere else). That would tie in very nicely with our travel plans...

And so the end of the week rolls around again (not fast enough if you ask me). I don't really stuggle that much during the week compared to weekends so I am not looking forward to this evening-Sunday, yet I spend my life counting down to Friday evening purely for my weigh in!

I have a good feeling about this week! My good feeling might be because I have been checking my scales far too regularly that is good for me but oh well. Usually, if I weigh myself at home it will be in the morning so I know that thery are always a few pounds lighter than at any other point of the day because I haven't had any food or water yet that day and wearing light clothes! There was one day a while back that I was at home on a Friday so I weighed myself just before and then compared with my consultants and there was a difference of about +0.5lb on my consultants so I know to add about 2/2.5lb from whatever I am in the morning to work out what I am expecting to be that week. Bad strategy I know as if it's vastly different I will be really dissappointed etc. I guess this week I want it more than last week as I only lost 1lb!!

Anyway 3lb or better would be great for this week as it will put me into the 13s!!!! Fingers crossed....! 5 hours still feels so long away....

Another goal update:

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:

Lose 1 stone
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone
Lose 4 stone
Lose 5 stone
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

Reach the 16s
Reach the 15s
Reach the 14s
[STRIKE]Reach the 13s[/STRIKE]
Reach the 12s
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

Reach size 20

Reach size 18
Reach size 16

Have a BMI < 35

Have a BMI < 30 (No Longer "Obese")
Have a BMI < 28 (Can be a consultant - if I want)
Have a BMI < 25 (No Longer "Overweight")

Weight less than 200lb
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Last edited:
We have just passed week 14 (and a half but who's counting?) and I am finding it's just getting more and more difficult to stick with SS+. When I went to SS+ from SS my consultant said that it's very hard for people to go back to SS after having food and she was right and I didn't want to. She said the same thing about going between SS+ and step 2 for the obligitory week after week 12 and I have to agree with her: this is difficult!! I have had access to puleses! They are carb heavier I know which is why they are on step 2 but I really found them comforting, especially as it's getting dark earlier.

Nic and I went for lots of walks during the weekend (a total of almost 15 miles) but gave in a little to the food temptations but having nandos! We did share some chips but mostly we had chicken. It's getting to the point where the weekend comes around and we both just really want food. We have no problems during the week, why are the weekends so difficult?????

We are slowly but surely getting to our goal and I want to stay on the diet so I feel like I need some re-motivating or something otherwise I expect us to give in and have something every week! We are trying to wait either until the 16th before moving to step 2 or until we have lost 4 stone each which is another 10lb away. I am really hoping that we can get to 10lb in 3-4 weeks!!!

Not to mention that we could do with spending less each month until at least February next year and the protiens can get expensive but I have a few step 2 recipes ready and waiting that are very cheap!!

i am slightly worried myself about that step 2 for a week. I just dont want to go mad when i get to eat solid food for a week. I think I will be fine, I have been really planning things and Im sure it will be okay. It will be a nice change, and if I take 2 weeks on step 2, at least its still better than the pre diet food i was eating!

i am slightly worried myself about that step 2 for a week. I just dont want to go mad when i get to eat solid food for a week. I think I will be fine, I have been really planning things and Im sure it will be okay. It will be a nice change, and if I take 2 weeks on step 2, at least its still better than the pre diet food i was eating!

What kind of things are you planning on making? If you like lentils the dhal recipe in the book is pretty good!

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nic lost a whole 5lb this week which is AMAZING! She was really happy :-D I won't do that well but I really want maybe 3lb! We shall see....half a day left to find out....

In other news 2 seperate colleagues have both been telling me this week how great I look!!! "You are wasting away to a shadow" and "I meant to tell you a few days ago...you can really tell for the past week". I was grinning on both occassions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another goal update:

Ultimate Goal: Reach a size 14 trouser size

Mini Goals:

[STRIKE]Lose 1 stone
Lose 2 stone
Lose 3 stone[/STRIKE]
Lose 4 stone
Lose 5 stone
Lose 6 stone
Lose 7 stone

[STRIKE]Reach the 16s
Reach the 15s
Reach the 14s
Reach the 13s[/STRIKE]
Reach the 12s
Reach the 11s
Reach the 10s
Reach 10 stone!

[STRIKE]Reach size 20[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Reach size 18[/STRIKE]
Reach size 16
[STRIKE]
Have a BMI < 35
[/STRIKE]
Have a BMI < 30 (No Longer "Obese")
Have a BMI < 28 (Can be a consultant - if I want)
Have a BMI < 25 (No Longer "Overweight")

[STRIKE]Weight less than 200lb[/STRIKE]
Have a visible collarbone
Only have one chin
No longer have what my wife calls "a pouch"

Back