carbonara sauce

abz

Gold Member
Just wanted to say that i found a carbonara recipe in an old free foods recipe book and gave the sauce a shot and made up my own stuff to go in it. it was fabulous. for two just an egg and 50g of very low fat creme freche and garlic (and parsley if you want to) and cook on a low heat with other cooked ingredients so it doesn't scramble. my husband demanded more so i really recommend it :D

abz xx

Sounds delicious Hun..thanks for the recommendation. Hubby loves carbonara and I think I will have bacon with mine for an EE meal.

I gave up on trying to find a way to make it, so just started mixing cheese spread and boiling water, and I love it lol

Mine is similar. I fry off mushrooms and bacon whilst the spaghetti is cooking. Drain off the spag and add to mushrooms and bacon (in a wok) and then quickly stir in my sauce mixture (4tbs lf fromage frais and 3 or 4 eggs with a tbs of parmesan). My whole family (3 adults and 2 children) adore it and it is so quick to do after a day at work.

ooh, thanks for this, was hoping to come across a low calorie version of this(now just got to work out how many calories it is!)
Frankie xx

i wondered if it would suffer from not containing cheese but it really didn't need it. so scrummy :) and totally freeeeee :D

abz xx

I tend to use Quark in mine, I feel it gives a bit better texture..when I can't be bothered doing bacon I just chop up some extra lean ham and shove that

Just wanted to say that i found a carbonara recipe in an old free foods recipe book and gave the sauce a shot and made up my own stuff to go in it. it was fabulous. for two just an egg and 50g of very low fat creme freche and garlic (and parsley if you want to) and cook on a low heat with other cooked ingredients so it doesn't scramble. my husband demanded more so i really recommend it :D

abz xx

Just a reminder that even RF creme fraiche isn't syn free although it's not hugely high in syns.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Creme fraiche, reduced fat 1 level tbsp

extraeasy.gif
1½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Creme fraiche, reduced fat 28g

extraeasy.gif
2½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Although the WW creme fraiche is a bit lower in syns

Last edited:
oh sorry. it was in an old recipe book i had as free... they must have changed the values...

Back