Carbquick

RainbowCookie

I have a box of this sat in my cupboard but no idea how to use it.
Silly americans.. I have no idea what a cup measurement is, or a stick of butter.

Please give me yummy recipes in english? :p
These breakfast thingys people are having sound yummy.

A cup measurement is about the size of a mug. You can get cup measures in Tesco quite cheap. In the US butter comes in 4 sticks per 1/2 pound from memory. So it should be about 2 oz. :D

There you go, you can give it a try now.

A cup measurement is about the size of a mug. You can get cup measures in Tesco quite cheap. In the US butter comes in 4 sticks per 1/2 pound from memory. So it should be about 2 oz. :D

There you go, you can give it a try now.

I just thought about this as 2oz didn't seem right for the butter, so googled and it's 4oz, so it comes 4 sticks to a 1lb.

?? never heard of it.

I have a box of this sat in my cupboard but no idea how to use it.
Silly americans.. I have no idea what a cup measurement is, or a stick of butter.

Please give me yummy recipes in english? :p
These breakfast thingys people are having sound yummy.
hey hun , i have the measurers and the 1 cup =250 mls but i remember reading somewhere thata proper american cup size is 240 ml
stick of butter i have no idea about , ive used carbquick its great , made pizza base , buscuits (plain scones) and used a teaspoon in place of flour to make gravy.

Could I make dumplings with it do you think? I love dumplings!! xx

Could I make dumplings with it do you think? I love dumplings!! xx
ooo dont really know what goes into dumplings , never eat them but im guessing you can just replace carbquick for flour.

Suet & flour & water, plus spices or herbs. Hmmmmmmmm Dumplings.

Do you just use it as you would flour then? The american measurements confused the hell out of me so I havnt tried it yet. xx

Suet & flour & water, plus spices or herbs. Hmmmmmmmm Dumplings.

Do you just use it as you would flour then? The american measurements confused the hell out of me so I havnt tried it yet. xx
lol trust them to be different :0)
ive mainly made recipies from the pack and tweaking them but i did try making yorkshires replacing carb quick for flour , they tasted ok but did rise more like little cakes but they were great with my sunday roast . and ive used a teaspoon full to make a light roux for a gravy , that was luuuurvly :0)just trial and error i think

Back