Carbs and maintaining

I personally think their website and info leaves a lot to be desired. If it was not for this forum I would never of put my trust in this diet, all of my questions get answered here and the CD forums.

Also that booklet, if you look at the front of it where you can write your name, its from when they had consultants selling the stuff just like cd. This didnt take off for exante, but they still havent change the pdf in some 4 years!

It's not very clear at all is it? Going by the CD Add A Meal week we choose a protein portion then we can have 3 table spoons of the veg choices and skimmed milk (I forget how much). So I would say that you can choose from each of the sections. It seems like a lot though. I might be wrong, maybe email Exante to check.

I got that booklet sent in my bumper box when I ordered it. But it was last year, have they stopped sending them out now?

Yeah, it's just that it seems an awful lot of food, eg 100g chicken with 12 heaped tablespoons of veg?!! Or maybe what I consider to be my tablespoons are really serving spoons.....that could explain a lot!!!! LOL
Or maybe it just seems a lot when thinking about it now having not eaten for a while - who knows! Will email Exante and let you know!

I never got anything with my first box of packets though, now I feel like I have been missing out on something!!! ;)

It's a heck of a lot of food. I'll paste the CD version of Add A Meal below so you can compare, it might be best to cut down on the veggies, we're only allowed 3 tablespoons of veg, but have a bigger selection.

See what you think:

Choose one portion of protein-rich food from the list below:

Protein Options
250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
210g regular or 400g of firm tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

Plus

Vegetable options
3 tablespoons in total of any of the following

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow, Brussels sprouts, kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Mushrooms
Chinese leafy greens such as pok choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac

Plus
340ml skimmed milk.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

Plus
3 Cambridge meals regardless of height, gender or ethnicity

It won't do you any harm to follow CDs Add A Meal food for the week :D obviously Exante wouldn't advocate it, but they're being less than supportive by withdrawing their booklets and information.

It doestn say 12 heaped spoons of veg though!

DAILY FOOD CHOICES
FOR SOLUTIONS
To make a low calorie, balanced meal, of
approximately 400kcals please choose
from the following food selections:
Protein; One portion per day
Chicken breast, Tofu (plain), Fish (any),
Cottage cheese, Turkey breast, Quorn (plain),
Shellfish (any), Egg whites (hard boiled).
Vegetables & Salads;
Have at 4 least portions a day
Broccoli, Celery, Lettuce, Spinach, Cabbage (any),
Courgette, Mange tout, Watercress, Cauliflower,
Cucumber, Radish .
Fruit; One portion a day
Apples, Kiwi, Plums, Strawberries, Blackberries,
Peaches, Raspberries, Grapes, Pears, Rhubarb.
Dairy; One portion a day
Fromage frais, ½ pt. semi skimmed milk,
Natural yoghurt (fat free), Or Soya/Rice alternatives.
Extra flavour can be added by using mustard garlic,
any herbs, spices and pepper. Fat free salad dressing
can be used, or make your own low calorie dressing
by mixing dry ingredients with balsamic vinegar or
wine vinegars.
Sauces can also be used, try Chilli, Tabasco, Soy or
Worchester.

It doestn say 12 heaped spoons of veg though!

It does - 1 portion of veg equals 3 heaped tablespoons (see page 21 of the booklet), so 4 portions of veg is 12 heaped spoonfuls each day - seems like a lot. Plus it says, have at least 4 portions a day - which advocates actually having more than the 12 spoons!

Totally agree - have emailed them now and have also asked them why the booklet was removed from the website - it is cos it is wrong or has it just been updated and I can't find the new one! ;)

Yeah, because you need some kind of support and guidance from them!

Right then - have cut and paste below my initial enquiry plus the response! Basically, stick to the calorie limit!

Hi Sam,

The particular page you are referring to was removed from the website as we felt it was slightly confusing.
During your food break week it really is as simple as having a high protein/ low carb healthy balanced meal. We recommend that you try and stick to white meats and fish with green veg/salad. It is however your choice what balanced meals you have as long as they are between 400 - 600kcals.
I hope this makes things clear for you and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Shelly Terry
Customer Care

----- Original Message ----- From: "Customer Support" <
[email protected]>
To: "info" <
[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:22 AM
Subject: Contact Form

Exante Diet
The Enterprise Pavilion
Poole
Dorset, BH12 5HH
VAT Number: 985 4046 89

Subject:

Comment: Hi, just wondered if you could clarify something for me. I am about to start week 4 so week 5 is coming up with add a meal. What I don't understand is page 16 of your booklet (which for some reason is now removed from the website) - daily food choices for solutions. So on week 5 I need to add a meal but what I don't get is how much I should be adding - is it one portion of protein plus 4 portions veg plus 1 portion of fruit plus 1 portion of dairy or is it supposed to be an either or choice, ie protein or veg or fruit or dairy?

It is probably very clear to everyone else but it is just that it says to choose from the food selections - I am not clear if that means choose from the headings or choose from the foods listed under each heading!

If it is from each heading then that would mean at least 12 heaped tablespoons of veg (according to page 21, 1 portion of veg equals 3 heaped tablespoons), so 4 portions of veg is 12 heaped spoonfuls each day - seems like a lot. Plus it says, have at least 4 portions a day - which advocates actually having more than the 12 tablespoons! Am I reading this correctly?

Also, could you just confirm why the booklet has been removed - is it wrong or has an updated version been made available which I just haven't found yet?

Thanks

Sam

At least they've admitted it's confusing, but they should really be taking steps to put a less confusing booklet out. After all this week could be the undoing of people if they get confused and eat too much inadvertently.

I've just read a different thread about the Exante booklet and people suggested following CD guidelines because the principle of the diet is the same, except CDs Add A Meal isn't until week 13. I still stick with every 5 weeks though.

Thanks for letting us know what their response was and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Humm If they removed something like that, it should really be replaced with something with lots more information on it.

Or maybe it is that easy to eat a healthy balanced meal.

I think the website would benefit from a forum that they can monitor. It wouldnt be that big as they dont sell 1000's a week

Ah well, I still have 9 days til I can add a meal - am going to do myself a meal planner/menu sticking to the principal of teh protein, veg, dairy and fruit per their original page but with the calorie count against it. Rather bored at work today so once I get the next couple of reports off my desk, might start this at lunch time over my shake and se what I can come up with!

Cambridge used to do add a meal every 4 weeks until government guidelines on VLCD's changed. Now you don't have to AAM if you don't want. I did 12 weeks and then added, but some people like to do it and it can sometimes kick start a plateau.
It's also known as a white and green meal, as you focus on white meat and greens.

I'm weaning of exante next week so I've been searching the net for information and help to eat right. I think they really need to look over the booklet and edit it, or start again. I've had a couple of meals over the last few weeks to get myself used to eating again, and I've been taking info from the Exante booklet and the CD section of this forum as well.

I think we should design our own booklet and sell it to them!!!! Lol! We could put it into terms that everyone finds easy to read and not too confusing! :D

Mum2Two said:
I'm weaning of exante next week so I've been searching the net for information and help to eat right. I think they really need to look over the booklet and edit it, or start again. I've had a couple of meals over the last few weeks to get myself used to eating again, and I've been taking info from the Exante booklet and the CD section of this forum as well.

I think we should design our own booklet and sell it to them!!!! Lol! We could put it into terms that everyone finds easy to read and not too confusing! :D

Lipotrim do a referring guide, might be worth you having a look x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back