Carbs question?

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Okay, I'm thinking too much again, and don't have my LT bag with me. I was researching low-carb/ketogenic diets and noticed that most/all diets have a daily carb intake of 20g-50g per day for maximum weight loss. Atkins being the lowest at 20g per day. I think (but can't check to be sure) that LT's carb intake would be a good bit higher than that if you're having your three shakes/soups/flapjacks a day?

Does anyone know off-hand (or without going to too much trouble!) what the carb content of the LT foods are?

(Still trying to get my brain to realise that 'picking' is killing my loss attempts! I'm a LOT better than I was, but still battling...:eek::wave_cry:)

I don't know what they put in the shakes....all I know is that they work fantastically well !! Sorry I can't be if help!

15g of carbs in each shake.

so 45g of carbs a day :)

Lipotrim just emailed me back the nuturitional info as i too was curios of the amount of carbs.

I've attatched it so hope you can all open it ok :)

Attachments

• NUTRITION_INFORMATION_-_Strict_diet_formulas[1].pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 72
PMSL!!! I found that too!! I must hoke out all my old ones & see what they'll go for!!

Never mind- I'll check this evening myself...I was just wondering! Anything to avoid work...

we posted at same time irish! lol

Oops!! Thanks Summergurl! So its quite a 'high' carb 'low-carb' diet (if that makes sense?)

Absolutely NO margin for error then!

whatever the carb intake - it works! lol

Righty-oh then.
I may have come across a 'reason' some people are losing way more than others? Everyone has a carb 'level' that they shouldn't go over or they gain weight. The goal of low-carb dieters is to find that 'magic' numbers that is their level. So it stands to reason that if that level is higher in some people than others, and if some people are intaking less carbs than others- that, combined with their individual carb level will result in good/better losses? Am I confusing everyone...thinking too much as usual!?!?:hmm:

The shakes have 15g of carbs, if you take away the fibre grams that leaves them with a net carb value of 13.3g per shake/soup.

The flapjacks have 8.3g of carbs, less the fibre leaves them with a net carb value of 1.9g!!

So if you have 3 shakes/soups a day you'll have a net carb intake of 39.9g.
If you have 3 flapjacks a day you'll have a net carb intake of 5.7g- thats a HUGE difference!

I have a shake, a soup & a flapjack daily, so I have a net carb intake of 28.5g a day.

I need to do some work....!:tongue:

Oooo that is so interesting!! I'm curious now to see if the people who have more flapjacks than shakes actually do have bigger losses! Haha if that is the case then it'll be back to forcing the old coasters down me neck!xx

sheeshhhh dont tell me the flappyjackywacky things make u lose faster - that is just so unfair....

(Still trying to get my brain to realise that 'picking' is killing my loss attempts! I'm a LOT better than I was, but still battling...:eek::wave_cry:)

:copon: ;)

:hmm: Me thinketh you thinketh a wee bit too much, Irishgirl !!! LOL.
I just know it works fantastically well.

LOL! I know. I'm supposed to be sorting out P60's...I'm the worlds greatest procrastinator!!:giggle::whistle: Anything to prolong the agony....;)
Thats my 'thinking' for this week over- got to get this done!....:eek:

Back