CarefulCounter's Food Diary

ello Rach, hows the head? hope you're feeling better now :) *many hugs*

good luck for WI, its gotta be soon right? :D x

Managed to sleep off the headache - thanks for you concern. I work in local government so that means evening meetings of committees. Yesterday I had already had a rubbish afternoon and ended up working through til the meeting at 7.30 with just half hour for lunch and 20 mins for dinner. Meeting wasn't too long but because it was the policy committee I have to concentrate hard to get accurate notes for the minutes and in case they ask fo constitutional advice! Anyway to cut a long story short I invited myself for dinner at my parents this evening coz I needed some parental love/attention/cuddles! Mum made really yummy comforting food (so high cal of course!) but I had eaten well all day and doing quite well at the moment not falling off the wagon so okay with it.

B - wholemeal toast x2, poached eggs x2, tea = 319
L - baked potato, beans, blueberries =331
S - hobnob, apple, breadstick, xmas cake slice (mmm christmas cake! my dad and his naughty treats - all blame on him totally, I was powerless hehe!) = 311
D - sausages x2, barbecue sauce, boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli, crunchie (dad and getting upset over crap boss's fault!) = 635

= 1596

Without the crunchie would have been 1403, I shouldn't have had it but didn't realise how high the little evil slice of cake and sausages would be. Don't feel bad though as it's under maintenance and had a rubbish day yesterday - if I had been in on my own this evening it probably would have been worse!

Gosh what a ramble, sorry about that!! Off to bed now. Take care xx

PS Yes I usually do WI on MOndays but I am atrocious at remembering first thing in the morning when I'm all sleepy and disorientated!! Will try to remember tomorrow hehe!

Glad the headache had gone by morning! Good on you managing to stay on-diet despite your hectic day and stress levels. Hope you remember to WI in morning and good luck!!! Take care

Hello! I remembered to WI this morning (after my shower though so had wet hair in a towel, can I use that as an excuse?) Anyway STS this week :S.

Just had the yummiest dinner - tesco vegetarian spiced bean burger (with the fresh quorn stuff in the fridge section) with a poached egg and a roast sweet potato. MmmmmMMmmmm.

I'm now just watching some tv and chilling after my aerobics class earlier - our bodyattack teacher was ill unfortunately so we had a stand-in who can only teach aerobics, wasn't as fun or interesting or hard work. Ah well. I am looking at healthy food and lifestyle blogs - do you guys read people's blogs? I find them fascinating, particularly food blogs, I have some regular favourites I follow. I get a lot of inspiration for cooking, staying on track, and being healthy (in the sense of what I put in my mouth not being too processed etc and eating a balanced diet).

B - food doctor bagel, olivio, plum jam, tea, cranberry juice = 305
L - scotch broth, wholemeal roll, ski yoghurt = 373
S - blueberries, apple, clementine, oatybar = 180
D - spicy bean burger, poached egg, broccoli, baked sweet potato = 466

= 1324 :)

not blogs but i do frequent Fuzzy23 / Fitz's diaries for recipe ideas.. i do love to see what other people are eating - love the foodie programs on telly too :D

did you see Gordon Ramsays indian thing that was on last night? was gunna watch it but was falling asleep while it was on (old lady :p) so didnt get to see who went into the F word cook off bit! :(

Hiya

Your food diary looks yummy, might have to try the spicy bean burgers for a change to normal burgers.
How do you find body attack? I am dreading going back after 3 weeks , Has it helped with your fitness levels?
Nikki xx

Hi Nikki! Thanks for visiting my diary, nice to 'meet' someone new :)
I only started bodyattack a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it, realised that even more this evening when we had the aerobics instead. I think it has really helped with my fitness already, I like the interval-style training and the different levels. The music is so motivating and well chosen too. I am sure you will really enjoy getting back into it! What other classes do you do/can you recommend? Do you have a diary somewhere so I can be nosy? :) xx

Profound musings...

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This week I have been thinking a lot about food – what is in it, why I eat, what I eat, what I should eat – and exercise – the endorphins and therefore positivity and energy it stimulates in me, the link to general health and wellbeing. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I wish I could turn myself into a morning person so I would go to the gym before work and start my day as I mean to go on so to speak. The classes my gym offers are so varied and there are so many of them. They are popular too so I have to keep on top of my weekly booking schedule (you can only book a class a week in advance and they get booked up really quickly). I messed up last week and so have no class booked for Monday/Tuesday next week. I am definitely going to get booked in for Bodycombat next Monday though. Then there will be Bodyattack on Wednesdays (when I’m not working like next week) and LBT (and maybe Step, definitely if I miss the Weds) on Thursdays. I’d like to get into the swing of going to Bodycombat on Saturday mornings when I am free as well if I like it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think my thinking and research has led me to realise that I don’t want to calorie count forever and that to lose some weight, keep it off and feel healthy and happy I need to continue to overhaul the way I eat. There are so many empty, un-nutritional calories out there and out bodies are temples, and we should look after them. Don’t worry I don’t think I’m turning into a health food freak – I love my chocolate and pizza too much, I will always succumb to them. But I have been exploring better ways of eating, and trying new foods and to be adventurous with my cooking. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]When I make the effort to ‘eat clean’ as people refer to it i.e. mostly wholefoods, and go to the gym regularly I do feel energised and healthy and slimmer (even if the scales haven’t shifted!). It’s only when I fall off the bandwagon that I find it so difficult to get back on. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The supermarkets don’t make eating clean at all easy. Using wholefoods can be manageable, especially if you have a health food shop nearby where you can get slightly more unusual grains etc for a better price and in bulk. But things like cereal are nigh on impossible. There are so many cereals out there but apart from Weetabix, Shredded Wheat and plain porridge they are all pumped with extra sugar and salt that just isn’t needed! Honey, dried fruit, nuts, the grains themselves even provide a fair amount of flavour and sweetness. I have looked at hundreds of packets (yes it takes me an age to do my supermarket shops!!) to try and find mueslis that have no added sugar and salt (usually easy enough to get the one but not both hehe!). Fish is my other bugbear. You can get salmon, trout, tuna, cod, haddock, coley and Pollock. There are so many other different fishes out there that aren’t endangered/overfished. I won’t buy cod on principle, white fish is white fish and they have a similar flavour (especially from the supermarket) so I see no need to further deplete the oceans. Regarding other oily fish, there is sometimes mackerel but not always and I can’t afford the fish/met counters. It frustrates me!! (As you can tell!!)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am not preaching, I just wanted to air some of my thoughts and make a record of them. I have found that logging all my food (both on foodfocus for the calories and on minimins for accountability) has made a big difference and I am trying to take steps to revise my whole approach to food and life.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, enough thinking for today. News - went to LBT this evening after work. Got tomorrow off and going down to Isle of Wight to stay with aunt, uncle and cousin for weekend. Hope the weather warning isn't correct - I don't want to get stranded at one port or the other![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]B - juice, tea, two eggs scrambled, wholemeal toast x1, dried apricots = 319[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]L - tomato and pasta soup, melon, apple = 353[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]D - salmon, BNS, carrot, peas, custard = 377[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]S - clementine, Go Ahead yoghurt break (was famished and healthiest thing the work vending machine had), snacksize galaxy bar = 211[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]= 1356
[/FONT]

Last edited:
not blogs but i do frequent Fuzzy23 / Fitz's diaries for recipe ideas.. i do love to see what other people are eating - love the foodie programs on telly too :D

did you see Gordon Ramsays indian thing that was on last night? was gunna watch it but was falling asleep while it was on (old lady :p) so didnt get to see who went into the F word cook off bit! :(

Oh Rach I missed your post last night, so sorry! No I didn't - what is that? And you aren't an old lady, or at least, if you are, I am too - I struggle to keep my eyes open til 10pm!!

Hiya

I have a diary in here, Nikki's lifestyle change.
I have only just started it this week.
I love body combat and Body pump along with attack. I am going to also try do one spin class a week but need to sort myself out as i seem to have been doing to much what with work and think thats why i have not been well the last 3 weeks.
Your doing really well. food looks good.
Enjoy your weekend away and hope you dont get stranded.
Nikki xx

Hey hunny, hope you're doing ok and sorry not been around over weekend - somewhat manic but all good now. Take care and catch up soon xxx

Hello - sorry I haven't been around this weekend either! I went to the Isle of Wight - had so much fun at my aunt and uncles. I did well on eating, didn't count but only ate til full, made good choices, had no pudding and went for a long wild and windy walk on the Saturday - yes the wind was strong enough that it stopped me walking a straight line!

Work is meh and had a horrific migraine yesterday which I'm still suffering from the remnants of. Ah well, it's nearly the weekend lol!

B - muesli, milk, tea, juice = 321
S - clementine = 35
L - broccoli/stilton soup, roll, apple = 374
D - BNS, gravy, chicken, broccoli, ice cream = 521

=1251

PS 1 lb off :)

Glad you had a fab weekend and well done you for making good choices and avoiding the pudding! Brilliant news on being a pound down :)

Sorry you've had a poorly head - hope its all gone now

Late home from work and looking forward to my bed so just food today:

B - best of both toast x3, olivio, jam, tea, juice = 509
S - dried apricots = 48
L - chorizo and 3 bean soup, french set yoghurt, apple, =300
D - WW shepherds pie, clementine = 269
S - double decker :$ = 237

=1363

Evening all! Had a busy busy day at work and a really good LBT class afterwards.

B - muesli, milk, tea, juice = 375
L - scotch broth, wholemeal roll, mini apple, blueberries, hobnob, choc digestive = 458
S - clementine, Weetabix oatybar, boiled egg = 180
D - chicken, gravy, mushrooms, frylight, butternut squash, broccoli = 269 (was a big dinner of low cal filling foods - was really filling and tasty!)

= 1282

It's Friday!! Bit of a crazy day at work, everyone was a bit hysterical (in a hyper way) - it's been a manic week so we are allowed to be a little weird and childish sometimes! Friday means treat night dinner-wise. I was so proud of myself, restrained myself well and didn't get a pizza woo! And I only got a small chocolate bar (well 2 as they were 2 for 80p :sign0007:)

B - bran and seed bagel, peanut butter (on 1 half), poached egg (on the other), tea, juice = 354
S - blueberries, hob nob = 101
L - scotch broth, roll, clementine, blueberries = 265
D - spaghetti, pesto, mushrooms, pepper, caramel bar, dairy milk :)$:$) = 951

= 1671

Cross cross cross! I shouldn't have been sucked in by the deal, I knew I wouldn't be able to leave the 2nd one in the cupboard. Sigh.

Oh *!&!* aaargh I realise I put cheese on the the pasta (would have been okay if I hadn't eaten 2 chocolate bars - little miss piggy :( )

So thats + 113 = 1784

So cross, I was doing really well this week. Well I am at least getting better at drawing a line and moving on.

Don't be cross - you've had a fab week and am sure, if you stay focused over weekend, you'll have a good loss on Monday. It is annoying when you think you can treat yourself and then remember you've had something you hadnt logged down - just go for a nice brisk walk today and burn off some of those calories instead :D

Thanks Jax. A friend came to stay today for a bit of a chill out weekend we had a short walk between rain showers and I stayed in my calories. With some planning and not having to get up til later I managed to allow for a wicked dessert and still be on target. I know it's bad in the fat/sugar league but nice to treat ourselves while she's visiting. Planning nice scrambled egg/smoked salmon/bagel brunch tomorrow!

B - tea, juice, melon, yoghurt = 171
L - minestrone, petit pain, ham = 306
S - clementine, cereal bar, tea = 150
D - quiche, spinach, cucumber, sweet potato, olive oil, chocolate dessert = 767

= 1394

dont be cross with yourself about the chocolate bar.. its easy done - have you tried sticking it in ur freezer? when you get in, bury one deep in the depths of your freezer then it deters you from eating it cause its cold and a pain to have to dig it back out :D

just read your long post from last week (still catching up with everyone as i've been on much less) and i totally agree with you on the whole overhaul of eating and how much better clean eating feels.. i ended up at a friends for their birthday last night and they ALWAYS do chinese takeaways.. so i planned for chop suey.. got there and they wanted pizza?! actually woke up this morning craving healthy food cause i've eaten nothing but rubbish since wednesday :p

also on the fish thing, i wish there were more fresh fishmongers nearby - i buy all my fish from sainsburys cause i work there but choice on the fish counter means money - things like monkfish and cod alternatives are really expensive.. though asda do something called river cobbler and we do a similar one (name escapes me!) which are half the price of cod / haddock and still skinless/boneless white fish :) so if you fancy a try theyre really nice :)

your brunch for today sounds absolutely gorgeous.. i am almost drooling thinking about it! :D xxx

Had a lovely visit with my friend. And did well on the food Saturday. Sunday we aren't going to talk about!

Today was a stressful day at work so I REALLY enjoyed the bodycombat class I went to this evening. It was amazing, I am definitely going back! Having said that, my shoulders and arms are already sore an hour and a half after the class finished - methinks i will be stiff tomorrow!!!

B - slice wholemeal toast, 1.5 slices best of both, jam, honey, olivio, juice, tea = 407
S - clementine = 35
L - tortilla wrap, philadelphia light basil, spinach, cucumber, ham, melon, grapes = 343
S - Nakd bar
D - leftover mini portion beef saag masala with added chickpeas, broccoli, leek, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, frylight = 326

= 1211 - may get a snack in a bit as not full from dinner.

Have a lovely evening everyone - woo another Monday over with!

Back