Cariad Mawr's trek to a fantabulous 50

Weekday breakfast is Weetabix (HXB)and Aldi defrosted raspberries or other fruit. Milk is always HXA. Lunch during the week is restricted - I work in an office with a kitchen but no cooking facilities. Not even a toaster. Bread is out so it's salad by and large and I have quite a reputation for producing tasty salads. But I'd kill for a microwave. I have a food flask but it's not great. I finish off with home made fruit salad and/or fat free yog. I have mugshots and syn free packet soups on standby if needed. :D I'm more of a savoury person than a sweet tooth.

Dinner/supper this week was roast lamb (kids had beef dripping Yorkshire puds but I abstained), left over cowboy hotpot, SW meatballs and cawl made with leftover lamb (stock made from lamb remains). Cawl is serious comfort food!

I do enjoy a glass or three of wine at the weekend so week time syns are limited to a couple of rich tea biscuits with my evening cuppa.

That said I have had a slice of Brace's Dark & Delicious with my cawl this evening. It was gorgeous but I feel so stuffed. :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Only half a pound this week despite walking miles and swimming 45 lengths the day before. But I woke on weigh day with a cold lyrgy. How much does snot weigh? !! Last night I had a night out with work colleagues at a lovely Indian restaurant. The tandoori king prawns were to die for. Back on track today though. That 1.5stone award is only 3.5lbs away.

I have homemade sweet potato and butternut squash soup for lunch and SW chicken curry I made a while back (and froze) with either rice or a jacket for supper.

At least its half off and not on. And my leader says that when you start exersise it takes a couple of weeks to be noticeable in your loss.!
Well done though. And well done for going out and enjoying yourself and getting right back on plan. X x

Looks like you are on it I am dreading the festive season but I am planning to lose all my weight by my 50 th in 2015 so I hopefully will spring back from my fauxpars

Looks like you are on it I am dreading the festive season but I am planning to lose all my weight by my 50 th in 2015 so I hopefully will spring back from my fauxpars

Hi Tracey x I have 6 months to go and I know I won't be at target by my 50th unless I don't have one slip up and avoid alcohol altogether. One bod in my group lost 9 stone in 40 weeks - he didn't slip up at Xmas or his birthday. But that's not me I know. Wish it was! Come Friday that glass of vino is calling :D

Usual weekday brekkie of Weetabix and fruit with salad and yoghurt for lunch today. Dinner was jacket and a rather spicy chicken curry. Currently sat with my evening treat of 2 rich tea biscuits :)

You know what might bump you loss up is to vary your breakfasts and lunch. Have something different everyday. This gets your metabolism moving quicker.!! Hope this helps
And gosh 9 stone in 40 weeks that's fantastic!

Sometimes I have a jacket potato and beans but I begrudge paying almost a fiver for something I could produce for a few pence! Or if organised I make a frittata and eat it cold. I have no access to a toaster or microwave at the office. The firm don't want an office smelling of food. It really grinds my gears tbh. :mad: I've never really found a food flask that really keeps the things hot til lunchtime and bringing hot (smelly) food in has caused comment in the past.

I vary my salads as best I can and use couscous or cold new pots with the odd boiled egg and alternate chicken, ham, fish or seafood.

Back