Carrot & Orange Soup

toliveordiet?

I have just done the Carrot & Orange Soup that I think I found on MiniMins and the whole family thought it was delicious. It is even good enough as a starter when you are entertaining.

Anyway, I wanted to write and say thanks to whoever it was that posted it but I couldn't find it again - if it was you, THANKS IT'S GREAT!!!

Just in case it wasn't on here I have posted it below:

Carrot & Orange Soup
2 Syns total on Red or Green Day

Ingredients
Frylight
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
600g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
juice and zest of 2 oranges (2 syns)
Salt and pepper

Method
Heat the frylight and add the onion, garlic and carrots.
Cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrots start to soften and then stir in the orange zest.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the stock and season well.
Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Liquidise until smooth and stir in the orange juice.

Last edited:
Wanted to try this soup out, but just wondering why it would be 2 syns for the juice of 2 oranges?

Sorry don't mean to be a pain, but even if the orange juice is freshly squeezed from the orange?

No I'm afraid you still need to syn the orange juice irrespective of whether you are drinking it or using it in a recipe. And it doesn't matter if it's freshly squeezed or not.

oh right i wouldnt have thought that because you can squeeze lemon juice into a recipe and it still be free, thank you i could have gone over syns if i had made this :)

Probably because you could quite happily down the juice of several oranges in a sitting but would'nt really want to do the same with a lemon:D

Back