Carthago delenda est's food diary

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm three weeks into SW and not doing well. So, I thought I'd post my food diary on here.

If I remember to every day. Hopefully it'll help :)

Rules:
Stay below ten syns!
Eat more fruit and vegetables!
Drink more!!!
Substitute syns for a cup of tea or chicken Bovril!

Aiming for 2lb loss!

Tuesday - Green

Breakfast - 28g weetabix minis with dash of milk, Ryvita wholegrain crackerbread, cup of tea, nectarine.

Lunch - WW Fisherman's pie (5 syns)

Dinner - LF Super noodles, bowl of carrots and green beans, tea

Snacks - plums x 4, pear, pink and white x 2 (5 syns), Kellogg's Fibre plus bar (HEXB), corn on the cob, toffee mullerlight

Syns total - 10 syns and 1 HEXA and 2HEXB used.

Overall - Good day, but could be better with more planning. I ran out of cheese, so couldn't have any jacket potatoes, or pasta (I'm really bad like that!!!) I should have drunk a lot more than I did, especially in this heat...

Last edited:
Wednesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 28g Weetabix minis with a dash of milk, Mullerlight

Snack - Kellogg's fibre plus bar (5.5 syns)

Lunch - scrambled egg (made with milk and frylight), one sausage (1/2 syn), lean bacon, smash, baked beans

Snack - ryvita wholegrain crackerbread, ryvita original crackerbread x 2 (2 syns) with cheese slice (2 syns), plum, nectarine x 2, banana, 1/4 mango

Dinner - pasta, passata, brocolli and carrots.

HEXA and HEXB used
So far - 10 syns :eek:

Not that bad a day considering I hardly ate anything until 3pm, having woken up at 8am... which led to me eating more syns than I should have. Oh well...Tomorrow is another day!

Last edited:
Thursday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - banana, plums x 2, lemon squash

Lunch - sausage x 2 (1 syn), ham, potato, eggs (frittata), with 18g reduced fat cheese, baked beans, smash

Dinner - pasta, passata, 18g reduced fat cheese, broccoli, carrot and green beans

Snack - half a grapefruit, half a mango, mikado x 3 (1.5 syn), pink and whites x 2 (5 syns), mullerlight, banana, Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar, nectarine, crackerbread x 3 (3 syns), weetabix oaty bar (3.5 syns)

Syns - 13.5 syns and HEXA and HEXB used

So today has not gone so well. I think I could do with eating more at meal-times and try harder to drink more and have more fruit and vegetables!

Last edited:
Friday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - frittata - bacon, ham, potato, eggs, reduced fat cheese (14g) frylight and strawberries and mango

Lunch - banana

Dinner - frittata, smash, beans and mango, banana

Supper - Cous cous made with chicken bovril

Snacks - Kellogg's fibre plus bar (HEXA), mullerlight

Syns: 0 used and 1/4 HEXA and HEXB used

I think that I'm getting there with the whole 1/3 superfree thing! Though I could have done with eating a proper lunch! No syns used today! I made cous cous for the first time and it isn't bad. I've only ever had it cold, or from a ready made pack, so I might put it in the fridge and try it tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Saturday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEXB), sausage (0.5 syns), lean bacon, scrambled eggs made with frylight, baked beans, squash, nectarine

Lunch - (snacked due to flooding of kitchen :()

Dinner - SW chips, corn on the cob, green beans, broccoli, chicken, baked beans, squash

Snacks - mullerlight, tikka chunky chicken pieces, mango, half a grapefruit, pink and white x 2 (5 syns), tiny bit of cous cous, tea with a dash of milk, 12 mikados (6 syns), half pack LF super noodles, sausage (1/2 syn)

Syns: 12 syns and 1/8 HEXA and HEXB

Much better day today - albeit for the dishwasher deciding to have the last laugh (my mum and I have been talking about getting rid of it for ages, and it decides to flood our kitchen whilst not turned on...) So we couldn't cook for ages until the plumber turned up, but we were very good and we didn't snack on bad things! We then tucked into a lovely dinner and then watched Doctor Who finale! I still need more fruit and veg though! Oh no, late night snacking, or should I say early morning...

Last edited:
Sunday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - squash

Lunch - squash, pasta, extra lean mince, passata, broccoli, green beans, 10g RF cheese

Dinner - scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans

Snacks - Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread x 6, Extra Light Laughing Cow Triangle, 2 clementines, banana, Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (5.5 syns), box of mikado (8 syns), mini milk (1.5 syns)

Syns: 15 syns and 1/2 HEXA used and HEXB used

Overall, I'm quite disappointed with myself. I didn't eat well, and was constantly snacking. Instead of reaching for fruit (which is severely lacking in my house today) I opted for chocolate-y things. WI is tomorrow evening. I hope I lose at least 2lbs.

Last edited:
Monday (WI) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 28g weetabix minis, semi-skimmed milk, banana, clementines x 2, squash

Lunch - Heinz ravioli (2.5 syns) and smash, squash

Dinner - none

Snacks - mikado x 6 (3 syns), crackerbread x 6 (6 syns), pink and white (2.5 syns)

Syns: 14 used and 1/2 HEXA and HEXB

Very bad day...did not eat properly, hardly any fruit and veg. BUT 1.5lb weight loss! Yay!

Last edited:
Hi Geordiegirl, I've weighed in and I'm 1.5lbs lighter. Can't say I'm not happy with that, though I have to work extra hard this week if I'm to fulfil the 10 in 4 challenge.

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Rules for this week:
10 syns a day!
Less pasta
Eat more fruit/vegetables
Drink more!
Try new things
Plan, plan and plan!

Aiming for 2.5lbs (but secretly hoping for 3!)

Tuesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 28g Weetabix minis, semi-skimmed milk, banana, low cal ginger ale (I know, odd huh?)

Lunch - sausage x 2 (1 syn), lean bacon, scrambled egg (made with ss milk), baked beans, squash

Dinner - Chicken breast, SW chips, baked beans, broccoli, carrot, green beans, pear, clementine

Snacks - very small bit of chicken, ginger ale (I love this stuff), box of mikados (8 syns), clementine, squash, tea, Ryvita wholegrain crackerbread x 1 (HEXB), ryvita original crackerbread x 1 (1 syn)

Syns: 10 and 2/3 HEXA and HEXB used

Ok, so the box of mikado was a midnight snack...bad stuff. So I decided to shift it to today's syns to try and make up for it (It was after midnight, so technically it was today.) This will not become a habit of mine. Hopefully :p Overall, not a bad day, fruit and veg remains a problem... 1/3 superfree, 13 superfree...It'll have to be a mantra.

Last edited:
Wednesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - sausages x 2 (1 syn), lean bacon, baked beans, fried plantain, smash, tea, semi-skimmed milk

Lunch - Had a late breakfast, so snacked on fruit

Dinner - pasta, mince, passata, broccolli, green beans

Snacks - squash, pear, tangerine, nectarine, mango, hi-fi bar

Syns: 1 and 1/4 HEXA and HEXB used

So proud of myself! I ate pretty well, plenty of fruit and veg, I hope it's enough! I really want to do well this week!

Last edited:
Thursday - Green

Breakfast - 28g weetabix minis, banana, ss milk, squash

Lunch - water, Bunny girl Fresh! Organic Sandwich (6.5 syns), tea, ss milk

Dinner - SW chips, carrots, sweetcorn, broccoli

Snacks - pear, 1/2 nectarine, a couple of berries, ryvita wholegrain crackerbread, toffee mullerlight, banana, 25g light squirty cream (2 syns)

Syns: 8.5 syns and 1/2 HEXA and 2 HEXB used

Last edited:
Thanks very much, m'dear! :D

Friday - Green

Breakfast - 28g weetabix minis, banana, ss milk, squash

Lunch - Mixed plain salad, mixed fruit salad, toffee mullerlight

Dinner - Wetherspoons Five bean chilli (4.5 syns), diet pepsi

Snacks - banana, tea

Syns - 4.5 syns and 1/2 HEXA and 1 HEXB used

I'm eating so much better when I'm out for the whole day because I find there is so little choice in shops. This can only be a good thing, right?

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd July - Red

Breakfast - squash, ss milk, 28g weetabix minis

Lunch - extra lean mince burgers, 28g cheese, mixed vegetables, ginger ale

Dinner - Tikka chunky chicken pieces, coke zero

Snacks - plum, mullerlight, chicken pieces, Kellogg's fibre plus bar, crackerbread x 5

Syns: 5 syns and 1/4 HEXA and 1/2 HEXA and 1 HEXB used

Last edited:
Sunday 4th July - Red

Breakfast - tea, ss milk, plum x 2, nectarine

Lunch - toffee mullerlight, 28g weetabix minis, ryvita wholegrain crackerbread, banana, 25g squirty cream (2 syns), kitkat (5.5 syns)

Dinner - tikka chunky chicken pieces, cottage cheese with onion and chives, mixed vegetables (sounds horrible together I know, but hardly anything in the house :()

Snacks - small piece of chicken, 2 Alpen light bars, plums x 2, nectarine, tea, pink and white (2.5 syns), Kellogg';s fibre plus bar (5.5 syns), Extra light laughing cow triangles x 3

Syns: 15.5 syns :eek: 2 HEXA and 2 HEXB used

Weigh-in tomorrow, and I've gone over my syns!

Last edited:
Monday 5th July (WI) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 28g weetabix minis, banana, ss milk, tea

Lunch - LF super noodles, plums x 2, banana, pear

Dinner - Too much bad stuff to record... :(

Snacks - Lemon cheesecake mullerlight (1 syn), mini milk (1.5 syns)

Syns: ??? syns and HEXB used

OK, so after losing a measly 0.5lbs, I ate quite badly. But will be back on plan 100% tomorrow :) I did this for the week where I lost 2.5lbs...let's hope it works!

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th July - Extra Easy

Breakfast - sausage x 2 (1 syn), baked beans, lean bacon, scrambled eggs (w/ss milk), 1 slice wholemeal bread, strawberries, banana, tea

Lunch - grilled chicken, broccoli, green beans, carrots, potato, gravy (3.5 syns), tea

Dinner - chicken sandwich, 1 level tsp of mayonnaise (1 syn)

Snacks - pear x 2, tea, clementine x 2, nectarine

Syns: 5.5 syns used and HEXA and HEXB

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th July - Extra Easy

Breakfast - scrambled eggs (w/ss milk), lean bacon, baked beans, tea

Lunch - LF Super Noodles, sweetcorn, carrots, chicken, mango, nectarine, pear, clementine x 2

Dinner - cobbler, garlic puree (1 syn), vegetable stock, broccoli, green beans, carrots, lemon and coriander cous cous,

Snacks - Chicken sandwich with mayo (HEXB and 1 syn), mullerlight, crackerbread x 2 (2 syns), pink and white (2.5 syns)

Syns: 6.5 used and HEXA and HEXB

Last edited:
Back