Cas's weightloss diary x

Good to see you are back on track! 3 weeks to shift 5lbs? You'll smash that. I feel the same as you in that I seem to have maintained for the majority these past few months so hoping my recent loss is a sign that things are changing for the better :). x

Good to see you are back on track! 3 weeks to shift 5lbs? You'll smash that. I feel the same as you in that I seem to have maintained for the majority these past few months so hoping my recent loss is a sign that things are changing for the better :). x

AW it must be a sign we back on track, just wish we had a bit sunshine too x

I feel so emotional at moment I think I'm still grieving and on top of that went to pick Emily up from school and her teacher said I need to go to the office, when I got their they asked me to come and sit in the waiting area no communication what I was there for and after a 25 min wait holding the baby and keeping tabs on Maisie as no prams are allowed in side of the school. Went into an interview room with the teacher who deals with attendance and welfare officer-WTF. Basically cos Emily attendance as drop down to 91 percent as she was off the week before Easter with the sickness and they notice other days she's been off was on a friday and asked Emily load of questions about school if she likes it any problems etc and if she's off on Fridays cos she tired by the end of the week. I'm just so annoyed by it all, I'm a really good mum they just make me feel like crap! maybe I'm over reacting.

I feel so emotional at moment I think I'm still grieving and on top of that went to pick Emily up from school and her teacher said I need to go to the office, when I got their they asked me to come and sit in the waiting area no communication what I was there for and after a 25 min wait holding the baby and keeping tabs on Maisie as no prams are allowed in side of the school. Went into an interview room with the teacher who deals with attendance and welfare officer-WTF. Basically cos Emily attendance as drop down to 91 percent as she was off the week before Easter with the sickness and they notice other days she's been off was on a friday and asked Emily load of questions about school if she likes it any problems etc and if she's off on Fridays cos she tired by the end of the week. I'm just so annoyed by it all, I'm a really good mum they just make me feel like crap! maybe I'm over reacting.

OMG!! Wtf! I'd make a complaint if that was me! They should be communicating with you and letting you know not dragging you in making you feel like some scrubber that cba taking the kids to school! I hope you're not too upset by it and hope you kicked off, what idiots!! Xx

Oh my god I dread stuff like this because I'd flip. There's no way I'd have waited that long I'd have told them if they weren't ready to speak to me it'll have to wait. But that's no reflection on you I can be a bit hot headed.
I wouldn't worry hun you are a fab mum, maybe they should have come spent that week at your house cleaning up sick from 3 kids!! You seemed to manage really well. Idiots. I don't like that they spoke to Emily without you there, or was that while you were there in the meeting? Hope your okay hun xx

Thanks for both of your comments I feel better now, no they questioned Emily while I was there, they asked her if she liked school and Emily answered 50/50 I like school, then they asked what she meant and she said I like school but I like chilling out at home as well makes me sound good but I kept saying there is no problem just been unlucky with sickness also my granddad died earlier in the year so she missed a couple days off cos we were grieving, another thing they brought up was that she's had more Fridays off than any other day- and asked her if she got tired at the end of the week! also brought up any problems going on school, she's had a few fallings out normal playground stuff which they know about but nothing that reflects her being off school- just really annoyed going make a complaint tomorrow- how the whole thing was managed no communication just been thrown in a meeting without no warnings no didn't have time to think about my answers.

I'm really calm normally, don't mind waiting but even I was beginning to get peed off with waiting. Anyway they also mentioned Emily being late a few times so brought it up with Maisie might need to go to different nursery, then they were saying isn't there another parent that can help out and take Emily or does your partner work- well of course he works we not benefit scroungers!

Sorry if I've offended anyone looking for work but hate being judge or made out that we lazy parents xx

Yeah it really annoys me I remember when I was pregnant with Naomi this snotty midwife was surprised I worked, then said would hubby be stay at home dad I said no he works full time too. She looked even more surprised. I maybe should have been proud to prove her wrong but I didn't like her presuming I was another scum bag, and even more so that either way she'd be looking down her nose, cos that was the reaction I got before she knew I worked so what if I was unemployed because I couldn't find work or was made redundant! Lol sorry to hijack your rant.
I would definitely make a complaint hun about how it was handled but anyone can see your a decent parent xx

omg cant believe what Im reading. the school is terrible its nite like an employment where yoy have to have back to work interviews and investigations its school kids get ill on unpridictable days. Im sure life is easy to them with their procedures but Dont they think about judgemental attitudes.

why are prams not allowed in the school thats a stupid rule.
Im quick off the mark once Ive left but when confronted for somethin unexpected Im floored.

terrible behaviour by apparent educators!!!

hope your feelung better now Dont jystify yourself to them tell them to concern themselves with real attendance problems not made up ones.

Sarah xx

When jesses teacher came here before he started nursery they asked me 'is dad around' like I was gunna say no then was really shocked we are married her eyes nearly popped out when I said he was at work lol!
It annoyed me the other day I got sent a questionnaire for 'young parents' and a leaflet with classes they think ill be interested in..
Was basic parenting, budgeting, benefits advice and bloody healthy eating!
I'm not even that young I'm nearly 24 married two children and they assume everyone who's young must be a scrounger we only get a tiny bit of child tax, really patronising!

Rant away ladies lol

I'm over it now am going have a word tomorrow not going off in one, need to see the teacher tomorrow as he going check Maisie's position on the waiting list, don't actually want her to go there now anyway, but going say how I think the whole thing was badly managed and I'm not a crap parent either, when she was off school with sickness bug oh went into the school and picked up her homework and by the end year unless she's ill her attendance will back up- but your right Becki its a bloody school not back to work interview

I get so annoyed when people seemed shock about oh working or we've had 3 children together (not got different fathers), I use to work when Emily was young but got made redundant just before Maisie was born. The best thing that happened to me was when I had a booking in appointment when I was pregnant with Maisie it was during school holidays so brought Emily along and they offered me parent classes from 8-9pm one evening and I was like my daughter needs to be in bed by then, and I've manage 5 years bring up my daughter but best part was I already wrote down my occupation at the time- which was a crèche supervisor so if I can manage running a crèche of 20 under 5's I'm qualified nursery nurse so why would I need parenting classes I'm probably could run them- stupid people.

They don't allow prams inside the school building- stupid rule! I definitely agree with you all its so patronising! we parents not idiots and they shouldn't assume that all parents are lazy and doss all day I've got friends who received much more money from benefits than what we earn but it doesn't make me want to be like that I want my kids to have a good role model and have dreams and ambitions x

Exactly I think we might not have much but at least it's all been worked for and the kids will see that!
That's so funny about parent classes and you working in that field it's hardly rocket science anyway, bloody hell!

I'm with you on that Becki :)

I don't mean in any of my post single parents who are stuck in the benefit system or general people who are looking for work as I know how hard that is but the people who abuse the system. Yeah its not rock science looking after a baby but offering parent classes when you've got a 5 year old!

Anyway yesterday I manage to stay under 1200 cals and burnt off 320 cals in exercise.

I am also appalled by what has happened to you at the school and I'm not even a parent myself! But as a soon-to-be student Primary teacher, I am shocked at the lack of communication and blatant disrespect for you! I hope your complaint gets taken seriously and they feel ashamed of themselves!
Also, I am currently on jobseekers but you didn't offend me cause I know I'm not a scrounger haha :p

Well done with the cals/exercise yesterday :D

Thanks hun, that's what I'm more annoyed about their was no communication at all I was force into the meeting not even asked, if I knew their was going be a meeting I would arrange someone to look after my lo's and I would of been more prepared thinking about the days that she was off school.

I'm just thinking what to say to the teacher tonight.

I don't think your a scrounger far from it I think there should be more help to people who are students or training, I was referring to people I know receiving 3 ground a mth in benefits, probably getting less now cos of the benefit cap.

Had a peak on the scales I'm sure I'm heading for a gain better start downing the water and keeping low cals the rest of the week :)

good on you for sticking with cals when stressed.

my hubby lost his job in Feb last 4 weeks he started a new one and we had bugger all help from gov. its stupid they help those not willing to put back in system and penalise those who wanna do something with their lives. i cant wait till kids are in full time (hate saying that) so we dont need help of gov. weve gone 6 weeks now with no wage or financial help thank god for our families.

i find health visitors judgemental also. mine questionef me on a cut on my back ... implying my hubby had done it!!!

Sarah xx

Sorry to hear about your hubby- must be really stressful- it happened to us about 6 years ago, and the same thing we were barely entitle to anything as I worked part time which was only about 8 hours a week. I think there should be more help for those out of work for a short time and families where one parent stays at home to look after the kids as that is a full time job in its self.

Omg that's awful about hv- how dare she say that! they do tend to make assumptions and give you loads advice when isn't needed x

Back