Cathys Dukan diary

Snap, got mine end of June, I bled continually for about 2 months then it was heavy now its not but its very frequent and a lighter longer period is the same as a short heavy one, Pah, sick of it. I've only had one month normal :( and each time I get the mood swings, headaches bloated feeling, cravings. just rubbish.struggling on though miserably

Absolutely lol :)

Snap, got mine end of June, I bled continually for about 2 months then it was heavy now its not but its very frequent and a lighter longer period is the same as a short heavy one, Pah, sick of it. I've only had one month normal :( and each time I get the mood swings, headaches bloated feeling, cravings. just rubbish.struggling on though miserably
dont you think we should go to docs? only problem is it hurt so much getting it in i dont think i can face it lol. PLUS its so much easier than the pill.

big hugs.
Im exactly the same - mirena? had mine fitted earlier in the year and bleeding roughly 3 weeks out of four and getting the bloating symptoms with it too :(

Very effective as contraception then - 3 weeks out of 4 must be horrible. One week is bad enough!

Artifical hormones = bleh (and natural ones too actually)!

Hugs to all those suffering.

I know thats what I thought. I was asked back to get it checked, but cant be bothered TBH, I cant be bothered if shes going to physically check it its fine, its just the cycle thing, but I think after a yr it should have settled. I'm not taking the pill again I would forget (again):eek:.
I wish I had started Dukan last yr I would be thin by now. I might go and see if its all normal though, its bl**dy annoying though. Plus its difficult to get tot he surgery, I will see if my friend is going in anytime next week or so

Very effective as contraception then - 3 weeks out of 4 must be horrible. One week is bad enough!
lol true.
Thanks Laura!

I went back to get it chekced and everything was fine then. I bleed at my normal totm then stop for a week then generally when i start ovulating it starts again. im so bloated today - fed up!

Yes Vicky thats when I seem to bleed again too. It makes the lining of the womb thinner (over time I guess) so maybe that could be a cause for long periods, also it can stop ovulation is some women I think that what could be happening to us, its stopping ovulation so maybe its thinking its time to start shedding the lining of the womb. I dont know its all I can imagine it to be. its darn annoying whatever it is.

Yes it could be Cathy. all i know is im fed up and so is the bf lol

and just to make things even more complicated, low carb diets can play havoc with cycle too...

Hi Jet my lovely, not great really, I'm trying really hard but with this cycle nonsense and no scales its so hard, I cant focus anymore. I need scales am going to get some this weekend I cant stand it anymore :( Plus with winkling all week Ive been wearing leggings and they are bad for being too stretchy lol. Still I will get there eventually, I cooked loads of chicken today so I will have it in various disguises this week and keeping it in the fridge to munch on :)

oh eck cathy i dont know how u feel on the winkling situation ,but the strecthy pants mmmmmmm to easy to wear !!!! and i honestly couldnt do without my scales so im glad to hear ur buying some !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes I cant cope without them any more. I know I have put on weight probably about 3lbs, and I want to know what water I am retaining all the time.

knowing that u have put weight on and seeing it is different and it may be water retension like u say !!!!!!

hey hon - get some of those ones i said with the water on. My water was at 51.8 this morning - unheard of for me :( probably my exercising though.

Evenin' Ladies

sorry to hear about your coil woes :(...have you thought of having the mirena changed for a non-hormonal one?....contraception without the hormones? unless you were prescribed mirena to help out with stopping/changing your periods...could be a wise choice

in any case I hope you're all feeling better today xx

Back