catthins diary to a slimmer me

Loving the new Avatar bb xx

Well done CatTHIN xx

Doing really well honey.

Would love to be able to sew well. Used to make quite a bit when I was younger. The last thing I made was a fab red silk strapless evening dress for a ball. It was ace.

One of my one day wishes. Not confident using my sewing machine anymore. Need to sort out what tension ect.

Onards ladies xx

Thanks guys and gals.
Still 100% and going for it no crooked thinking or negative thoughts.We have the grandchildren here for the weekend so plenty to do and keep me busy.
Hi Clara
Sewing is so therapeutic when your stressed.Just think of all the lovely clothes you could make for yourself.also the time passes quickly and the distraction is great from keeping me out the kitchen.
What type of machine do you have?
Take care everyone.
Cathy

Errm would have to go and have a look at it. Under the stairs. Might go fish it out later today as I have to get some other stuff from in there for my brother. You can tell how long I haven't used it for. I used to do most of my sewing on my Gran's machine, it was a lovely singer.

Hmm pause for thought. Enjoy the grandchildren. xx

Some of the older machines are real keepers they are so much better than the new ones sturdy and lovey stutchers lol.
Another good day 100%. We went for a drive to Harlech today 5 hour round trip so my OH could assess some moorings for his new to him boat.It rained most of the way but when we got to the beach the sun was shining and we had a lovely walk and a nice day. Lots of toilet stops needed for me lol.
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Cathy

I've got my MIL's old Singer upstairs, never use it cos it's so heavy.
May get OH to bring it down. You are right, the plain or zig zag stitching and tension are usually so much better.
I was thinking of selling it to gain the space, but may check it out first.
Thanks

Hi SB
Thats great some of the old singers are sought after machines depending on the model number. I have a friend who is an avid collecter of old machines she knows all the different models and puts the ones she has to good use.I have a lovely little white fsinger featherweight which comes in its own little box great for travelling.But most of my machines are reasonably modern ones.If you need any help give me a shout and i can ask my friend.
Cathy

Thanks Cathy,
I seem to remember it's a fairly standard one, not pedal, no twiddly bits. I may have to ask for your help if I can't remember the threading etc.
Look at you - most of my machines! I've only got 2!
Used to do a lot of sewing too, dressmaking and more recently
soft furnishings, curtains, swags, tails etc.
Had to stop due no time, had to get a proper job!!:cry:

I used to be a machinist by trade always loved making things, it started back in my schooldays!

I remember my mum having a really old sewing machine built into it's own table, the wood was beautiful along with the cast iron frame which the pedal was attached too! It's long gone now though, I have a cheap and cheerful modern machine now but the most I do is hems etc, I have been known to make the odd set of curtains, austrian blinds etc, very satisfying hobby but no time or desire at the moment to do anything. Xx

I love those old machines. Was it a treadle?

slendablenda said:
I love those old machines. Was it a treadle?

I think it was you know that name rings a bell. xx

Great to hear all the stories of machines.So there are quite a few talented ladies here.
I mainly make fancy dress,dance and Drama costumes.Recently I have made a Classic Tutu and a couple of victorian style corsets.
I can be a sewing bore at times so forgive me if I go on too much LOL.
Well another day nearer to goal and looking forward to my next weigh in.
Hope you all have a great day.
Cathy

today started off great but at 4pm I had a phone call from my sons ex partner saying that the 2 year old had picked the 7 week old baby out of the pram and dropped him on his head and what should she do.I told her to take the baby straight to hospital.She dropped my two gradsons here and went off to hospital.The up shot was they are going to do a CT scan and keep the baby in overnight.
My imediate reaction was to reach for food but stopped myself and had a vanilla latte.
My emotions were all over the place, anger towards her,fear for the little one and sorrow for the other two poor little ones who will no doubt get the blame.
Well cooked dinner for two boys annd just stopped short of putting a chicken nugget in my mouth!!!!.
Bathed and bed with a bedtime story.I went into the kitchen to clear away and caved in and ate some chicken breast and a piece of cheese.I feel bad want to throw in the towel and go back onto real food.
Im having a cup of tea and will have to keep out of the kitchen away from temptation.
Why OH why do I let my emotions get the better of me !!!.
Tomorrow is a new day and its weigh day as well so will stay strong and stick to it 100% and have a chat to my councellor.
Cathy

Hell of a day! Is it any surprise that we turn to food when the going gets tough ? For many of us, myself at the front of this line use food to cope with all life's little traumas. It's been a tried and trusted comforter for many years.

It takes time to build new responses. Pre LL just think of the binge you would have had. Keep away from the kitchen. Take a bath or go to bed. Throwing things helps me externalise emotion but may frighten the grand children.

Keep as strong as u can and minimise that damage x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Clara.
I did get an ear;y night and asked OH to clear the kitchen.Had a restless night worrying about the little baby.The news this morning was he had a fractured skull but no bleeding or swelling.They are keeping him in for observation, and a report is going to social services.
So defo keeing out of the kitchen today.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Cathy

OH dear me not good that but I am glad that things are not life threatening. Food does not solve the problem and you will feel worse afterwards. Well done for not caving yesterday.

Thinking of you x

had a strange morning.Been keeping busy sewing and cleaning.
I even prepared a casserole for dinner and put it in the slow cooker but no thoughts of wanting to eat food.I feel like I am waiting for something to happen a bit like the calm before a storm.Really strange.
I havent drank as much today but its weigh in tonight so dont want to drink too close to that.
Off to make a cup of mint tea then back to sewing before I need to go and get my grandson from school.
Cathy

another 2lb off this week so going the right way.I need to up my water I started the week drinking 4 litres but over the weekend only managed two.So starting tomorrowits four each day to see if it helps.
Cathy

Hi lovely, dear me what a time of it you have had! My daughter fell off a bed when she was days old! Goodness I sound a rubbish mum, basically I put her in bed wither dad whilst I made a feed up, came back to find her on the floor! So I get where you are coming from, she was and is fine, fingers crossed everything works out well for you all.

Well done on your 2 lb it's brill and well done for staying strong xxx

Back