catthins diary to a slimmer me

It's hard not to wobble after eating. At the end of the day u pays ur money u takes ur choice.

This is the cue for some one more sensible to chip in x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on resisting the burger and chips when you were feeling so wound up. Difficult to do, but a great feeling to know you are putting your weight and health first and not letting your son's ex get to you. Sounds like your head is really in the right place!

As far as going off plan is concerned, I would think very carefully about what choices will support your goals best. Only you can know what's right for you. But for what it's worth I found it much more difficult once I finished Total and went on to Lite, as I suddenly had all my old confusion and conflicting thoughts about food choices to contend with. You're doing really well at the moment. Is it worth going off plan right now?

And why would having a bar 'spoil the occasion?'

Last edited:
Anger makes me eat too, I've only really realised this in the last couple of weeks. I thought it was all emotion but in the main its anger.

Totally agree with Spangly, eating at a BBQ started my spiral and 4 weeks on I'm still struggling to get back to being 100%.

I've sat in a restaurant and asked them for hot water for my soup...it wasnt a problem for them or me.

Felt quite pleased with myself after too.

But it is your choice huni, your doing so well lovely lady

xxx

In my experience people who eat while on Total - even a little, even sensibly, find it very difficult to get back 100%
Maybe 2 reasons?
1st time if you don't gain - you think you can do it again
or
If you really go for it and have carbs or a binge - you feel so fed up with yourself yyou find it hard to re-focus.
Cat - if you had a bar it would not spoil the occasion. If you had coffee and sparkling water it would not spoil the occasion.
The important thing is that you'll be there with your son and your family.
If you had an upset stomach or had been to the dentist you'd probably be comfortable with not eating wouldn't you?
Remember you are doing this for you. You are the one in control
Enjoy the evening.

See i knew there would be good advice from the ladies x

It's hard not to wobble after eating. At the end of the day u pays ur money u takes ur choice.

This is the cue for some one more sensible to chip in x

Thanks Clara
I have been keeping myself busy this morning whilst reflecting and thinking.
I am going to take a bar and a soup with me and ask fr a bowl of hot water.I might order a side salad and just share that out.Alcohol isnt an issue as I dont drink much anyway so sparkling water will be Ok and a cup of coffee.
Cathy

Well done on resisting the burger and chips when you were feeling so wound up. Difficult to do, but a great feeling to know you are putting your weight and health first and not letting your son's ex get to you. Sounds like your head is really in the right place!

As far as going off plan is concerned, I would think very carefully about what choices will support your goals best. Only you can know what's right for you. But for what it's worth I found it much more difficult once I finished Total and went on to Lite, as I suddenly had all my old confusion and conflicting thoughts about food choices to contend with. You're doing really well at the moment. Is it worth going off plan right now?

And why would having a bar 'spoil the occasion?'

Thanks spanglymum.
Great advice I have decided to take soup pkt and a bar and see what happens.The reason I feel taking a bar would spoil the occassion is because tonight is his night and I dont want to cause a fuss or a scene by explaing I wont be ordering food.Daft i know but thats me.
Cathy

Anger makes me eat too, I've only really realised this in the last couple of weeks. I thought it was all emotion but in the main its anger.

Totally agree with Spangly, eating at a BBQ started my spiral and 4 weeks on I'm still struggling to get back to being 100%.

I've sat in a restaurant and asked them for hot water for my soup...it wasnt a problem for them or me.

Felt quite pleased with myself after too.

But it is your choice huni, your doing so well lovely lady

xxx
Hi Jules
Thank you for the advice I hear what you are saying about eating causing a spiral downwards and hope I can control myself.
cathy

In my experience people who eat while on Total - even a little, even sensibly, find it very difficult to get back 100%
Maybe 2 reasons?
1st time if you don't gain - you think you can do it again
or
If you really go for it and have carbs or a binge - you feel so fed up with yourself yyou find it hard to re-focus.
Cat - if you had a bar it would not spoil the occasion. If you had coffee and sparkling water it would not spoil the occasion.
The important thing is that you'll be there with your son and your family.
If you had an upset stomach or had been to the dentist you'd probably be comfortable with not eating wouldn't you?
Remember you are doing this for you. You are the one in control
Enjoy the evening.

Thanks SB
You are so right I am going to take a bar and soup with me and see what happens.
I was going to avoid carbs as i know they are my trigger foods so was thinking of just having Fish or chicken but I will see if the restaurant will give me a bowl of hot water.I suppose they can say no if they want but hey ho onwards and downwards.
Thank you.
Cathy

I was really worried when I was on Total that not ordering food would really draw attention to me unnecessarily and that it would be a big deal. The only person who ever made an issue of it was someone I don't really respect anyway, and it only happened once, and she's very opinionated and loud about everything, not just me being in abstinence. Everyone else was either not interested at all in what I was/was not ordering, or were intrigued and asked supportive and interested questions. Just my experience. I do remember the anxiety though, and then the relief and liberation when I realised I could go out, not order food or alcohol and it really was ok! Good luck!

You girls rock ! I am soo glad you are around to give better advice than me ... rofl

I pass on all the tricky abstinence stuff on to more sensible ladies such as SB, BL and spangly. My thoughts on it are crooked as I can always probably justify eating. And I know in my adult state that is a crap option. Other stuff I am only normally dodgy and crooked on lol

Looking forward to hearing how u got on Cathy. Good or otherwise xc

Sorry late catching up on your diary but I totally agree having shifted from total to lite, is much harder work than people think!

Focus on your end goal xxx

Thank You Clara,spanglymum,jules,SB and Lady T
You are all very good at giving great advice and support and I really appreciate it .
well the update is I chickened out asking for boiled water,but i made an adult choice and ordered a plain chicken breast with side salad and only drank water.I chose not to have any garlic bread or dessert so feel I havent done too much damage.In fact I even shared my chicken breast as I couldnt eat it all.
So I am sitting here feeling good and still positive with my porridge,ive already drunk half a litre of water and a cup of mint tea so feeling good 100% back to abstinance.
I am still in ketosis so nothing to stop me really. The next lot of birthday and anniversary celebrations are not untill september so bring it on.
I hope you lovely ladies are doing well..
Have a good day one and all.
Cathy

Well done you! And thanks for popping over to see me on Exante ... have to admit I do miss being here on LL.

Karen x

Back