catthins diary to a slimmer me

Thanks for your good wishes ladies.I am now home from hospital.
Feeling quite groggy still from the anaesthetic and the pain meds but alive and well.
Ive not got much of am appetite at the moment so eating small amounts.
I wil catch up on your diary this week.
Thanks again
Cathy

Good news Cathy x Speedy recovery

Hi Ladies.
Sorry I havent been around much but been sleeping quite a lot lol.
I was hoping I would be up and running around by now but this op has really floored me.Probably because I am no spring chicken anymore LOL.
Well the pain is more tolerable now and Im down to pain meds twice daily with paracetamol in between.
I was hoping to go back on LL on friday but need to get off the pain meds and sort out my bowels first.
I am not going to be able to drive for at least 4 weeks and my LLC is a 20 min drive.Also sitting for any lenght of time is not comfortable.
So i have been having a good think and talk to myself.
I want and need to go backonto VLCD tfr,ive not overdone it with conventional food yet so have decided to do Exante for four weeks then when im able to drive go back to LL for the councelling.I cant see the point in paying for the councelling if i cant attend.
So today i have ordered my 4 weeks of exante and plan to start on monday,I will also need to buy a set of scales.
wish me luck.I am slowly catching up with everyones diaries.
Cathy

Sensible choice that. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Health first weight loss after, so be mindful of what you are choosing xx

Catthin said:
Hi Ladies.
I was hoping I would be up and running around by now but this op has really floored me.Probably because I am no spring chicken anymore LOL.
Well the pain is more tolerable now and Im down to pain meds twice daily with paracetamol in between.
I was hoping to go back on LL on friday but need to get off the pain meds and sort out my bowels first.
I am not going to be able to drive for at least 4 weeks and my LLC is a 20 min drive.Also sitting for any lenght of time is not comfortable.
I want and need to go backonto VLCD tfr,ive not overdone it with conventional food yet so have decided to do Exante for four weeks then when im able to drive go back to LL for the councelling.I cant see the point in paying for the councelling if i cant attend.
So today i have ordered my 4 weeks of exante and plan to start on monday,I will also need to buy a set of scales.
Cathy

Hope u fee better soon xx

Wishing you well Cathy. xx

Hi Ladies.
Cathy

I hope you recover really quickly - good luck with Exante too!! :):) xx

Thank you all for your good wishes.
Im feeling much better.
The exante box arrived yesterday so ready to start on monday.
I have an infection in my wound so I am now on antiobiotics aghhh.
I had a sneak on the scales today and looks like I have only put 4lbs on and im sure that is mostly water.My tummy is swollen as if I was 6 months pregnant lol.
So my plan is to weigh myself monday morning then start the shakes and water.
Not looking forward to the headaches but excited to be going back onto shakes and knowing I will lose .
It is now 12 weeks untill my son gets married so Im hoping to be a better shape by that time.I am so determined not to be the big blob on the photos so feeling really positive I can do it OH YES I CAN.
Cathy

We had a lovely weekend with family and my lovey grandchildren.
It was the younger ones 2nd birthday so we had an inpromptu birthday party on sunday.
The weather was great and my older sister,my mum and dad arrived unplanned so it was really nice.
The next door neighbours joined in as well.
OH and second son did a BBQ and organised all the food.Im still not 100% from my op so had to take it easy.I usually organises everything so it was quite nice to see the men cope with it all.My SIL was brilliant she organised all the cleaning up afterwards so the kitchen was spotless.I am so lucky to have a good family.
So today was back on TFR for me.I got weighed on my new scales I had put on 7lbs over the last two weeks but that is behind me now.i did start to analyse how I could have ate better or less of the sugary foods but decided what is done is done and I have come through the op and can now refocus on getting healthy for the future.
So first shake was banana and ok not much taste but not unpleasant either.I have managed a litre of water so far and the toilet trips have increased.I am still getting pain when my bladder is filling up so I am going a lot more to try to prevent the pain.Im sure this is just bruising from my op and will settle soon.
So looking forward to my weigh in next monday hopefully the 7lbs on will be a distant memory.
I will be back in work in 5 weeks so Im hoping to be a stone lighter by then and closer to my goal.
My sons wedding is on 1st october in Iceland so need to start thinking about outfits.I would love to but a tight fitting dress in a size 12 but will wait and see.
I have a few dresses in mind but im too big at the moment to try them on.
Good luck everyone for your week ahead.
Cathyxx

Thanks Jules
well day 1 has not been too bad.Just started with a headach so might have an early night.
I am feeling really irritable as well and my OH and son are annoying me by doing simple things like talking loudly,or tapping too hard on their laptops,oh dear I sound like my dad.
I have been 100% today three shakes and three litres of water.
So I think it is defintely an early night for me lol.
Cathy

Aw you will look stunning at the wedding, enjoy the shopping for the outfit and size 12 is defo achievable judging by your stats. xx

Day 2

Thanks Lady T.I am currently wearing size 18 as I am quite short.
Well what a night I went to bed at 9am with a stinking headache,I took my pain meds and hoped it would go away.An hour later I had really bad abdo pains.i put it down to gas and tried to settle.My head continued to throb and by 2am I was up vomitting.Must admit I felt better afterwards and the headache went.
Got up this morning still some tummy grumbles but not sure if thats from the pressure of being sick.Had a hot peppermint tea followed by my first hot choc shake,it was quite nice.Sat down to check email when I git the most awfull bowel spasm Ok its still uncomfortable since my op ,i rushed as quick as i was able up the stairs and only just made the loo for a number 2.
Im wondering if this is side effects from the shakes or antibiotics or just one of those things.I am going to continue with TFR but if it doesnt settle I might have to rethink plans.
Take care all
Have a great day.
Cathy

OOO poor you. Hope it settles down soon for you x

day 3

Thanks Clarabow.
feeling better today no more vomiting and headache bearable.
Day three and been 100%. so far
Had a mixture of shakes and bars yesterday.
Still finding after the shake I need to run to the loo,hopefully that will setttle I cant complain from constipation anymore LOL.
Hoping the ketosis fairy will pay a visit soon then I can get the vavavoom back lol.
I keep planning lots of things I want to do now and when I am slimmer.
Have asked OH if we can start planning next years holiday to somewhere nice so any ideas welcome.
I have a sewing business and make clothes and costumes for a lot of people.I have been looking through my patterns and decided to make myself a couple of summer dresses in smaller sizes as I usually dont make for myself and stick with tshirts and skirts so need to find some pretty fabric as well.
Hope everyone is having a good day
take care
Cathy

Thanks Clarabow.
feeling better today no more vomiting and headache bearable.
Day three and been 100%. so far
Had a mixture of shakes and bars yesterday.
Still finding after the shake I need to run to the loo,hopefully that will setttle I cant complain from constipation anymore LOL.
Hoping the ketosis fairy will pay a visit soon then I can get the vavavoom back lol.
I keep planning lots of things I want to do now and when I am slimmer.
Have asked OH if we can start planning next years holiday to somewhere nice so any ideas welcome.
I have a sewing business and make clothes and costumes for a lot of people.I have been looking through my patterns and decided to make myself a couple of summer dresses in smaller sizes as I usually dont make for myself and stick with tshirts and skirts so need to find some pretty fabric as well.
Hope everyone is having a good day
take care
Cathy

Wow, I'd admire anyone who can make clothes. You must have patience misses thats all I can say.

I'm sure your tum will settle soon hun, guessing docs keeping an eye on you?

As for holidays, Mexico, Barbados, Seychelles, Aruba, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde...I could go on and on and on lol

xxxxx
xxxxxxxx

Hi Jules
Thank you for the nice comments.
I have sewn since the age of 4 and find it relaxes me.
The runny tummy is no better I have been on and off the loo all night.Its defo related o the exante as on day 2 I had a LL shake before bed and was fine.Just need to find the bag with my remaining LL shakes in.I found two so far mushroom and minestrone, neither apeal for breakfast lol.
Im going to ring my LLC later see if she can drop some off.
Spoke to my gp and he said stop the shakes and just eat healthy so no joy there.I am healing well not on any meds now and mobilising well.Im planning on going for a walk this afternoon all being well.
The maldives sounds nice might check that out
How are you doing hun.
cathy

Last edited:
day 4

well after another bad night on and off the loo. I have talked myself bacwards and forwards....do i continue with exante see if the runny tummy settles....do i go back to LL or do I just go back on conventional low carb food let things settle and try again later.
I so want to lose this weight quickly and know LL works ,after this morning toilet dash I cant take any more Exante so giving up on that. They dont give refunds and your not supposed to sell it on ebay so what do I do with three weeks worth lol.
I would like to go back onto conventional low carb food but know after a week or so Ill get fed up and look for something tasty and resort back to the usual grab whats in the fridge or cupboard and weight gain back.
So i searched and found the rest of my LL shakes and have had the porridege and so far no toilet dashes LOL.
I have two days of LL shakes left so will ask OH to take me to the drop in tomorrow evening and replenish my suplies.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Cathy

Feeling really good just had a vanilla Latte and yummy I forgot how good it tastes didnt want it to end lol.
No tummy upsets no rumbles so it looks like the answer in LL .
So heelo LL goodbye exante.
Had a sneak on the scales after my shower and it looks like I have lost 5lbs.
So pleased with that thank you and not in ketosis yet.Glucogen and water I know but it still feels good to se the scales moving in the right direction.
Have a good day everyone.
Cathy

Back