cauliflower cheese

notokettlechips

Hi all, I have just made a SW friendly cauliflower cheese, having experimented with a variety of recipes none of which worked that well and being a real Cauli addict!!!

This one of course isn't anything like the one I used to make (where I used to make the bechamel with loads of butter and double cream....oohhhh) but it is FREE on EE and not at all bad. Yes the quark and fromage frais does separate a bit unavoidable with low fat dairy but still gives a lovely flavour

enough for one person
about a quarter of a cauliflower
1 tbsp quark
1 tbsp fat free fromage frais
HexA cheese grated - I used mozarella lovely
HexB wholemeal bread made into breadcrumbs in the magimix
1 tbsp mustard powder
salt and pepper

Syns NONE, but uses both HexA and HexB

Steam cauli until tender. Mash up a little bit and put in an oven proof casserole dish. Mix up the Quark and fromage frais and combine with cauliflower (wait until cauli has cooled down a bit)
grated or finely chop the cheese and combine with the breadcrumbs, mustard powder and s and p. spread over the top of the cauli mixture Bake in oven at 180 for about 20-25 minutes until the top is brown and crispy.

This is really filling and you won't need much else!

When I want a cheesy sauce I use either Colmans or Schultz sauces and your daily allowance of cheese, I know you need to Syn it but I find that it's worth it!( I usually allow myself 5Syn per meal!) and it's below that!

My cauliflower cheese.......

Whole Cauliflower
1 x HEX A Grated LF Cheese (42g)
1x HEX A Dairylea Light Triangles (5)

Cook the cauliflower
Mix Triangles with a little water in a pan and heat..... (White Cheese Sauce) till a nice sauce like consistency
Put Cauliflower in to a dish, pour sauce on top then add cheese to the top and bake..... Yummy

I share this (half and half) with Darren, so it only works out as one HEX A Each :) We like ours with a roast :)

Enjoy :)

I love this on a Sunday dinner so will give them all a try. Dont even want to think how many syns is in the Cauli Cheese from the Toby carvery!!!

x

Back