Cautionary tale for all you scale hopping addicts...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Heaven can wait, 19 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    After all the tears and tantrums this week because I have been jumping on and off the scales at home , and convinced myself I hadnt lost any weight , I lost 5lbs at Weigh In tonight !!! Yipee!!!!
    So that sit The damn scales are going into the loft right now, I gave myself a week from hell and nearly ate a bacon butty and all for nothing.
    So glad I didnt give up now, so let that be a lesson to all you fellow scale hoppers out there. Step away from the scale lady......!!!!!!
    A very relieved C xxx

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Congratulations on your 5lbs.!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Delighted to hear the scales are going away:D

[​IMG]

Heaven can wait likes this.
  4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Theyre the tools of the devil those scales. Ive left mine at my parents house for the very same reason I KNOW if they were here Id be on and off them constantly :) Its definitely healthier to just weigh in once a week :)

5. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Hmmmmm obviously you need to invest in a decent set of scales!! Mine are v accurate but i did pay 80 quid for them!

6. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Well done on your 5lb loss - that' s great ..... so glad you never ate a bacon butty!

Good to hear you've put the scales away - if they're not accurate then you're definitely best not standing on them.

Cath

7. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    I know what you mean, I am on & off the scales several times a day - very obsessed with them - it is amazing how your weight fluctuates in one day.

I must try & stop this behaviour though as they determine my mood for the rest of the day depending on what they say! I want to get to a place where I am not being ruled by each lb of weight and be guided by my clothes - 2 stone to go before I will be comfortable with that philosphy though!

8. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done on the 5lb loss and staying away from the bacon butty:D

Good luck for next weeks WI

9. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Heaven can wait, well done for being so strong & getting rid of those scales, you are a brave person.
    Also well done on the 5lbs weight loss thats excellent.

10. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Well done on the 5lbs off, great going !

11. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

I read somewhere that research shows that people who weight once a day (at the same time each day), have twice as much chance as maintaining weight as someone who only weighed once a week.

I weigh every morning before i eat or drink a thing.

When i've had a naughty day or two it's the scales that get me right back on track. Take earlier this week, i had two days in london eating and put on 9lbs. I'm now back on track and already 4 pounds down on yesterdays shock weigh result! If i'd have left it a week i would've prolly put on a stone and a half!!!!

Weighing several times a day is stupid i agree - but once a day is perfectly fine and really does help keep on track.

12. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yep. I weigh every day without fail. Did all throughout CD, and even more so during maintenance (as recommended by research:rolleyes:)

But, if weighing is having a negative effect you...best rid.

Well done for the 5lbs!!

13. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Fantastic news on the weight loss!! And ditch those scales girl- anything that can tempt you to a bacon buttie has got to go. So pleased for you!

14. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

"....I gave myself a week from hell and nearly ate a bacon butty and all for nothing."

Isn't it funny how we can react to an apparent weight gain by wanting to eat more rubbish! I mean, we'll only put on more weight in the end!

I think the advice you have been given is good. If the scales cause this negative reaction, get rid! If they help you keep stable, keep on using them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.