caws diary

Hi Caws.

I hope you're feeling better now and that you're managing to keep up with your new goals.

Lost 6lb this week. Was 95% good and consciously turned down cream cake and chocolates :( Was hard though.

What a bad weekend I've had (food wise) Chinese last night, pizza today, chocolate and biscuits in between :(

Can I be extra good this week to minimise the damage ??

I just don't know.

I'll second that! Of course you can.
Good luck this week!

6lb loss-that's fantastic Caws, well done.

You will manage to be extra good this week, I'm sure, to have made up for last weekend.

How's uni going, by the way? You must be nearing the end of your first year now?

I finish my hospital placement at the end of next week. I've got the whole of August off, and need it, as I'm exhausted !! I'm waiting for the results of an exam and two essays and that'll be the first year under my belt !!

Food wise I've been crap this week. I was looking at my tummy earlier and it's so horrible, I just can't seem to get in a good mindset for any length of time. I wish I could sleep for six weeks with a hydration drip to keep me going !!

It goes so quick, doesn't it? You'll be qualifying before you know it.

I know what you mean about being in the right mindset. I keep dipping in and out of it. But you'll have August to get yourself back in to good habits. Its so hard as a student nurse to get yourself in to any routine. We would switch between placement and uni every 6-8 weeks. Its not so bad the uni side, but placement, doing earlies and lates and having assignments to write, exams to prepare for and life in general to juggle, it gets quite hard to get in to any sort of exercise and eating routine. Nursing does get easier when you qualify-I promise (not that it's helped me with the weight loss, but thats my own problem).

I've been rubbish, rubbish, rubbish ! I keep making excuses - end of year stress, it's difficult on placement but I just can't stop eating crap.

I don't like the way I'm feeling, I'm going on holiday next week so can't see me being good for that !!

Oh well, all in good time I suppose.

But end of year stress does add to it all. Some people drink more, some sleep more, some eat less and others eat more. Dont beat yourself up. Make your mind up to get back on track after your holiday, and plan it out with a vengence!!
Now RELAX!!!!

Right, had two weeks away (with a week at home in between), am moving next week, will still have two weeks off before going back into my 2nd year at uni and I'm going to really try and lose 2 stone (for starters)

No more chocolate, biscuits or cake. No snacking, just proper meals and plenty of water.

Oh and I got 70% in my exam, which I am so pleased with and couldn't believe - I didn't even think I'd passed !!

Well done on passing your exam. I hope you had a good time on your holidays, and good luck moving house. Have you started packing yet? Last time we moved I kept delaying packing. The night before was a nightmare, trying to get it all done.

Did you have a nice hol? Major congrats on your exam results! Mega good luck for the move! You're one busy lady at the moment aren't you... no wait... you're always busy. Caws I don't know how you do it!

Lol Silence - I haven't stopped this summer, and there was me thinking I had August off !!

I had a nice few days away - I do like being at the seaside and hearing the gulls squawking and the sound of the sea at night. Only problem is my nan's not the easiest person to get along with (bless her at 93 !!)

Moving's nearly done - luckily there was no rush, although I've had to pay the rent from the begionning of the month even though we haven't slept there yet !! Should be in on Wednesday.

At the moment I'm delivering the electoral roll letters (thought it would be good exercise !!) I'm really fed up with doing it now, although I've only got another 2 or 3 hours to do tomorrow. I really wish I hadn't taken it on because I really, really need a rest !

Anyway, 2lb lost when I weighed myself Saturday so hopefully that's the start of getting back on track :)

Right then, I'm back on-line at home and have finished moving. I'm back at uni and need to get srted out. I'm going to get some new scales as I've been using my mum's and my old ones weigh me as half a stone heavier !!

I'm going to start my ticker again and stop eating chocolate - it's funny how it creeps in and becomes a daily treat !!

I haven't managed to get new scales so I'll use the old ones for now and change my weight details. I've also started my ticker again.

I feel really disappointed myself that I've put on the 2st that I lost - I must be strict and organised, it's the only way I can do it.

Eeks, had some salted peanuts last night (being bad, picking and snacking) and when I looked at the bag they were 1200 calories for the bag !! I knew they were bad but not that bad !!

Having a bacon, egg and mushroom brunch and will probably have pasta and tomato with a little grated cheese on top for dinner tonight.

Back