CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

My size 10 jeans were loose on me, so I went to New Look and managed to get into a SIX!! They we're tight, but it's scary all the same considering I want to loose another stone.

Fantastic happyhealthy!!

It's got me worried that I've lost too much weight and yet I still feel 'fat' - after all a six size (even if they were tight) is only one size above the infamous American size 0.

It's fab that you have done so well, but perhaps losing more weight is not a good idea if you are already a size 6? When I lost weight the first time I got down to a size 10 which was tiny on my frame but when I looked in the mirror I genuinely couldn't see a difference from when I was a size 22. The only way I could see it was to physically have a before and after picture in front of me! In the end I had to ignore the inner feeling and trust the clothes size! I think our self perception gets warped after a while and we can't tell how big, or in your case, how small we really are. X

My Nan told me I'd lost loads of weight... she then told me I still needed to lose more and would I like a sausage roll... but ignoring the negative stuff that she has to add on the end of every sentence and ignoring that she still has the urge to feed me... My NAN NOTICED and ALMOST SAID A NICE THING ABOUT IT!!!! Wahoo!!! x

I almost didn't want to say this as it's almost embarrassing! When I started, my car seat belt fit me fine but there wasn't a great deal of extra room in it. Noticed yesterday that there's loads of room now! Can pull it out to the steering wheel with all the extra left over!

caroline g said:
I almost didn't want to say this as it's almost embarrassing! When I started, my car seat belt fit me fine but there wasn't a great deal of extra room in it. Noticed yesterday that there's loads of room now! Can pull it out to the steering wheel with all the extra left over!

That's a great NSV, well done you. Keep it up, that's great.

Though I have to say, I find there's usually plenty more room in other cars seat belts, think I just have small seat belts on mine!

And thanks Rebecca :)

Caroline, that's great! It's the little things like that which make your day just that little bit brighter! How much have you lost now?

Not much at all to be honest, the scales today say I'm 10lbs down in total! But I'm doing better with inches, 4 off my waist, 5 off my hips, 1 off my bust and 2.5 off my back! That does mean my bra size has gone up!! Not that I'm complaining haha

I tell you what, I'm wearing today's outfit again!

I must have had fifty or so compliments today about losing weight, looking good/amazing, being "skinny" (!!! I wish!) and "shrinking to half the woman"

Well, I might be on the same weight for 5 days, but I've had an immense self-esteem boost. So much so, it's embarrassing - WHAT must I have looked like before? Eeeek!

In another NSV a skirt I used to wear between pregnancy 1 and 2 now zips up. It's a 14 (but a bit tight to wear in public yet!) :D

It's fab that you have done so well, but perhaps losing more weight is not a good idea if you are already a size 6? When I lost weight the first time I got down to a size 10 which was tiny on my frame but when I looked in the mirror I genuinely couldn't see a difference from when I was a size 22. The only way I could see it was to physically have a before and after picture in front of me! In the end I had to ignore the inner feeling and trust the clothes size! I think our self perception gets warped after a while and we can't tell how big, or in your case, how small we really are. X

Whilst this is true, it also really depends on your body frame and height. I'm 5 foot nothing with very small bones, so even at a size 14 I look very large, but I see other, taller women wearing a size 14 and think HOW are we the same size because they look so slim! That being said I think if I were a size 6 I probably wouldn't be bothered about shrinking anymore - too busy rejoicing!!!

Went on a prison visit Thursday said who I was here to see and the woman looked at the picture on the computer and said "I'm sorry but I only have Lindsey down to visit", I said "Yup, that's me!", she said "It can't be you!", I said "No really it's me!". She took my finger prints, which confirmed I was Lindsey, she took a close look at me and said "Wow, you've really changed, I think we need to do you a new picture for our security system".

Wahoo!!!

Brilliant Lindsey!

My brother said to me on Friday "God I can really tell you're losing weight" and also a friend messaged me on facebook chat who I've not seen in a year to tell me how great I was looking on pictures my boyfriend took at Easter (interestingly I'm only 3lbs lighter than when I last saw her 12 months ago - it just shows that losing weight through exercise really makes a difference - last time I'd lost it through a VLCD and then at the end of last year gained some of it back - which I've now lost through calorie counting and lots of exercise). Also, one of my boyfriend's friends apparently messaged him on facebook chat and mentioned something about me losing a lot of weight. It's so nice when other people notice - I often feel the same as I felt at 210lbs when I look in the mirror!

I wore skinny jeans to work and 3 people commented on how slim I looked. Still got a stone and bit til my ideal weight, and healthy bmi, but really made me feel good. I've lost it relatively slowly so it's hard at times to stay motivated!

bought size 12-14 pyjamas in primark today to replace my size 16-18 ones that were falling off me! one step closer to being a proper full time size 12 again :)

A random lady that I work with once a week (and don't know terribly well!) asked 'How much have you lost today?'. When I told her nearly 3 stone she told me I look great and that she could really tell!

The feeling I have from this one comment will last for weeks I think and has REALLY helped my focus!!

Back