CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

And another compliment from a separate work colleague (whom I also only see every now and again in a different workplace) asked me 'Have you lost a LOT of weight?' to which I said yes, thanks, I am trying. She said 'Well, it's obviously working!'

Yay - it's working!!!

i've only lost 5kg but i had two ladies from my daughters nursery complimenting my weight loss! it sure does feel gr8

maznaq said:
i've only lost 5kg but i had two ladies from my daughters nursery complimenting my weight loss! it sure does feel gr8

Only 5kg??? That's brilliant and a substantial amount! Well done ladies all doing well x

Well, I guess this is one though I have to admit, I didn't like it at the time!

I guess first of all I should give a little back story. My mum is obsessed with looks and weight, though she would never admit it really. She'll comment on people being really pretty, not that that's a problem, but it's just the way it's done just seems to show that it's something important to her, the prettier someone is the better. And she'll make comments about people putting on weight or losing weight quite a lot, generally more the negative than the positive. But yeah, I didn't ever realise it when I was a kid really but there's an obvious issue there. She won't always eat dinner, using the excuse of oh I had lunch or I had a big breakfast or something. And I'm starting to realise how her relationships with weight and food have impacted on me and my sisters. All of us struggle with our weight. My oldest sister is very very slim and has suffered with eating disorders. Another of my sisters yo-yos up and down all the time, never getting that big though, between a 10 and 14 usually, but is very up and down. My second eldest sister was very big but she lost a lot of weight and now looks great. Another sister used to be a size 12 but hasn't been for quite a while and has been 18-20 for a while. Though she's just lost 3 stone because of a broken leg so is a size 16 again, so maybe she'd got bigger than 18-20 I don't know. I'm not up and down, I'm just fat and always have been. But whilst it's a big deal for my mum, for whatever reason she never really helped me do anything about it when I was a kid. She didn't give me smaller portions. She didn't encourage me to do exercise or take me swimming etc.

Anyway, to the point! I ramble a lot, sorry. I was in the living room with my parents and sister yesterday and my mum just suddenly said that I should be really proud of myself and that I'm doing really well with my weight and that she's really proud of me and can really see that I've lost weight. Now I hate compliments and I hate attention, so it was pretty awkward and I didn't really know what to say other than umm thanks. But having thought about it, that's a big deal for my mum really. Isn't often that she encourages me with things like this, so it's good. Though, 2 hours later she asked if I want some chips with my tea so not quite there yet lol

Caroline, I could have written your post about me and my mum ;) I love my mum, but she also has suffered from eating disorders and always comments on people's physical appearance as if it's more important than anything else, so I know how much your NSV must mean to you, so very VERY well done!

I have an NSV of my own! Shamelessly copied it from my status update on MFP so sorry if any of you are seeing the exact same thing again!! Last night, amongst other things, I did two half hour spin classes consecutively (as it was spin for beginners, the classes were only half hour, normal spin which is an hour isn't held on Thursday, instead there are two beginner classes back to back, and I needed to kill time before Body Pump). Our instructor, bless him, decided to announce this to the second class when they were complaining - "this lady's done one class already!". After I came out of pump, one of the ladies from the spin class was still in the changing rooms and came up to me and said how brilliant I am at spinning and how impressed she was by my fitness! I NEVER EVER thought ANYBODY would ever come up to me and say they were impressed by my FITNESS! Best NSV ever!!!

Caroline, I know how difficult it can be getting compliments from your family so you must feel wonderful!

Fattack - that is brilliant! You are becoming the person you want to be. Instead of envying slim, fit women - you have turned into one! Go you!

Back again!

Wearing a size 12 outfit today - hoodie and jeans. My size 12 jeans are loosening up. I have bought a size 10 pair which I can zip up but give me something of a muffin-top ;) Next goal though!

In new look size 16 jeans... and bought some 14 tops... yay!!!
...... Now to try and get rid of the large muffin top!!! x

lindseydodd408 said:
In new look size 16 jeans... and bought some 14 tops... yay!!!
...... Now to try and get rid of the large muffin top!!! x

It will go away soon! You've got this far - I have faith in you!

I bought a dress a few weeks ago in a size 18 with the view of slimming down into it in time for my niece's 18th in July. Tried it on when I got home and I could get it on because of the elasticated but it didn't look good at all, but then didn't expect it to! Just wanted to see how much it didn't fit me lol Was pretty tight aunder my boobs and my belly stuck out too much for it! haha

Anyway, thought about trying it on last night but thought nah, no point it's only been a few weeks. But today decided to, just out of interest and surprisingly... it fits!! It's not tight and fits quite well. I could probably lose a little more and it would still fit well but there's no way that it'll still be fitting properly at the end of July! I'm shock, pleasant shock but still shock!

I bought a dress a few weeks ago in a size 18 with the view of slimming down into it in time for my niece's 18th in July. Tried it on when I got home and I could get it on because of the elasticated but it didn't look good at all, but then didn't expect it to! Just wanted to see how much it didn't fit me lol Was pretty tight aunder my boobs and my belly stuck out too much for it! haha

Anyway, thought about trying it on last night but thought nah, no point it's only been a few weeks. But today decided to, just out of interest and surprisingly... it fits!! It's not tight and fits quite well. I could probably lose a little more and it would still fit well but there's no way that it'll still be fitting properly at the end of July! I'm shock, pleasant shock but still shock!

Mate hate it when that happens. It's like every month I'm needing a new wardrobe! Take it to get taken in by a dressmaker or an alterations shop, it's really cheap and saves you buying a new dress when you've got a perfectly good (all be it, a bit big!) dress already :)

Mate hate it when that happens. It's like every month I'm needing a new wardrobe! Take it to get taken in by a dressmaker or an alterations shop, it's really cheap and saves you buying a new dress when you've got a perfectly good (all be it, a bit big!) dress already :)

I know! I never thought I'd moan that clothes are too big!! haha

just come home from an exasperating shopping trip, looking for something to wear to the races next saturday (my first day out in 8 weeks!!!) and as a last minute panic i went into river island and...................came out with a size 12 maxi dress!!! so happy because i rarely find anything i like in there let alone be able to get a 12 but i got it home tried it on and it's actually a bit big and think i could've gotten into a 10!! probably wouldn't look as great and it is a relatively loose fitting dress but still

Makes me feel so much better seeing as the scales are refusing to budge :D

just come home from an exasperating shopping trip, looking for something to wear to the races next saturday (my first day out in 8 weeks!!!) and as a last minute panic i went into river island and...................came out with a size 12 maxi dress!!! so happy because i rarely find anything i like in there let alone be able to get a 12 but i got it home tried it on and it's actually a bit big and think i could've gotten into a 10!! probably wouldn't look as great and it is a relatively loose fitting dress but still

Makes me feel so much better seeing as the scales are refusing to budge :D

Hurrah! It's a great feeling being able to fit into the slimmer sizes

thanks it been 3 years since i've been able to walk into a shop and pick up a 12!! even automatically reached for a 14 til my mum stopped me saying it would be massive on me!!!

Back