CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

Hey everyone! I've had a great NSV I thought I'd share. I was back in the UK for holiday for the last couple of weeks and catching up with some friends who I've not seen in a while (a year plus) and their reactions to my weightloss were the biggest ego boost ever! One of my best friends, who I've not seen in 2 years as she moved to Canada, literally walked past me in the street without recognising me. I have to say that even though I put on a few pounds again while I was away (meh, I've lost them before I'll lose them again, although the first few days back ccing after a break are always agony!) the reactions of my friends have really helped me to start seeing myself as a slim person.

that's brillant, it's a great feeling isn't it:D

I was out shopping earlier and we went into m&s. My mum wanted me to try on these jeans.... given that i'm like huge, and only ever shop in "fat people" shops I felt a bit reluctant. Anyway, these jeans were a size 22... Now I fit into a 22 from evans, but these trousers were considerably smaller. I tried them on and they didn't fit BUT they were very very close. They did all but button up, i even got my legs in them LOL

You'd think to yourself.... why are you posting this in a NSV? Well the fact is i've come from a size 24, (read: more likely 26, busting out of a 24 hah) so being able to even contemplate being able to buy clothes from "normal" shops is really quite something for me <3

And by hell the sizes are different going from plus size to normal... the jeans are a whole lot more fitted... yay!

hannata said:
I was out shopping earlier and we went into m&s. My mum wanted me to try on these jeans.... given that i'm like huge, and only ever shop in "fat people" shops I felt a bit reluctant. Anyway, these jeans were a size 22... Now I fit into a 22 from evans, but these trousers were considerably smaller. I tried them on and they didn't fit BUT they were very very close. They did all but button up, i even got my legs in them LOL

You'd think to yourself.... why are you posting this in a NSV? Well the fact is i've come from a size 24, (read: more likely 26, busting out of a 24 hah) so being able to even contemplate being able to buy clothes from "normal" shops is really quite something for me <3

And by hell the sizes are different going from plus size to normal... the jeans are a whole lot more fitted... yay!

Well done you!! A fantastic NSV !!

hannata said:

well done you, I though I wad the only one who thought noticed the difference between fat shop 22 and a normal shop 22. Almost like they think they are helping but actually it makes us feel worse.

Well done on getting into that size 22.

My NSV is pretty similar. Went out for dinner this evening, so wanted to wear something nice. Managed to fit into my favourite size 22 jeans and a sizee 22 top. Neither have been worn for nearly 2 years. I nearly cried I was so happy. The funny thing is, only you guys on here would realise how big a deal that is. :)

it's brillant when you do that isn't it x:D

my nsv, is on friday were at my est friend's wedding, in manchester, when we got out of the taxi at the registry office, went to say hello to the groom's brother in law(haven't seen them for two years) and he sort of said hello back, greeted hubby though, at the meal afterwards, said sorry to hubby, he hadn't recongized me as i'd lost so much weight since he'd last seen me, thought hubby was with another woman!!!! Hubby said he wished lmao x:D

No I understand totally! I got my legs into my mum's size 16s yesterday so I know the feeling! I'm not a size 16 yet, at all but when I started there's no way I would even get my legs into them! But this time I got my legs in them and they went over my big fat ass, just wouldn't do up, understandably! I don't even know why I tried them on ha But what you posted is DEFINITELY a NSV without a doubt! Well done, you're doing great!

maclynn said:
my nsv, is on friday were at my est friend's wedding, in manchester, when we got out of the taxi at the registry office, went to say hello to the groom's brother in law(haven't seen them for two years) and he sort of said hello back, greeted hubby though, at the meal afterwards, said sorry to hubby, he hadn't recongized me as i'd lost so much weight since he'd last seen me, thought hubby was with another woman!!!! Hubby said he wished lmao x:D

This is funny! That's brolliant

I have a size 24 skirt I wore to dinner about 6 or 7 years ago on Valentine's day. I've no idea why I kept it- other that it's a nice skirt- I haven't fitted in it for years. I am determined that I will be comfortably wearing it out to dinner on my birthday in three weeks' time. A month ago I could barely get it over my thighs. Today I can do it up without breathing in and, although still a little too tight for comfort on the belly, it's loose on my legs.

The best part? It's the smallest thing I own. Once that skirt gets too baggy, I'll need a whole new wardrobe!

boggins said:
I have a size 24 skirt I wore to dinner about 6 or 7 years ago on Valentine's day. I've no idea why I kept it- other that it's a nice skirt- I haven't fitted in it for years. I am determined that I will be comfortably wearing it out to dinner on my birthday in three weeks' time. A month ago I could barely get it over my thighs. Today I can do it up without breathing in and, although still a little too tight for comfort on the belly, it's loose on my legs.

The best part? It's the smallest thing I own. Once that skirt gets too baggy, I'll need a whole new wardrobe!

Fantastic!! Such a great excuse to go shopping!! Lol

I've had loads of comments at work the last couple of weeks - finally looking slimmer!! The running is helping change my body shape. I've lost about 4 inches over past 4 months.

The funny thing is that I started this job after having my third baby so was carrying my post baby weight - I'm now slimmer than they've ever seen me - even though bigger than I've been if that makes sense!

Next 7lb will make a massive change

Back