CD and America

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bellefrogette, 28 January 2010 Social URL.

1. bellefrogette

bellefrogette Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Diet:
    CWP & Zero Noodles
    Does anyone know how the CD USA rates/operates besides the Uk version. I am on hols in 8 weeks for 4 weeks. There are strict rules about 'importation' so I am not going to risk taking packs in my suitcase, unless someone has had some experience with doing so...

Any Uk consultants now living in america?

but the customs forms on the planes always ask if one is bringing in any 'foods'.

I have look at cambridge usa websites to pre order the products so they are waiting for me, but I can't say I think much of them:(

Cambridge > Food for Life

Cambridge Diet, 30 Years of Success (800) 427 5885

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've brought packs out 2 weeks worth no prob in my case

Didn't use them though :rotflmao: lure of the food was too much

4. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Have heard over last year of a good few people taking CD packs to US, nobody had any probs. I think even if you declared them it'd be fine. It's Aus/NZ who are ultra strict.

Am going to China in march, does anyone know rules for there?

xxx

5. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    You should be fine taking them to the States, it's any kind of perishables that they're fussy about. A friend of mine worked in an airport and a woman's bag was checked and she tried to bring 2 whole hams over! As long as you put them into the luggage that goes into the hold, you'll be fine.

6. bellefrogette

bellefrogette Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Diet:
    CWP & Zero Noodles
    I don't get the ham thing? They do have pigs in the USA, even half decent ham.

Ok then, the CDC I go to mentioned just putting them in the suitcase and that is what I will do. I feel the USA. formula is goingto be strange and I'll be left with having to to make do with silks and velvets aka skimmed milk in oil .

Mrs E, don't get me started on how yummy that USA food can be...the person I am going to stay with is also on a 500 cal program which will help alot , last time it was impossible to attempt to diet while he was not and I usually gave in to the desire to eat.

This time round I just want it all 'so over'..I'll probably go back to the states over summer anyway , all the good eating opportunities will have to stay on hold.

7. Aseyan

Aseyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Not to mention, I don't believe the US has CDCs unfortunately. We have to trust our own instincts or work with our GP to do the diet properly :).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.