CD and America

bellefrogette

Silver Member
Does anyone know how the CD USA rates/operates besides the Uk version. I am on hols in 8 weeks for 4 weeks. There are strict rules about 'importation' so I am not going to risk taking packs in my suitcase, unless someone has had some experience with doing so...

Any Uk consultants now living in america?

but the customs forms on the planes always ask if one is bringing in any 'foods'.

I have look at cambridge usa websites to pre order the products so they are waiting for me, but I can't say I think much of them:(

Cambridge > Food for Life

Cambridge Diet, 30 Years of Success (800) 427 5885

Have heard over last year of a good few people taking CD packs to US, nobody had any probs. I think even if you declared them it'd be fine. It's Aus/NZ who are ultra strict.

Am going to China in march, does anyone know rules for there?

xxx

You should be fine taking them to the States, it's any kind of perishables that they're fussy about. A friend of mine worked in an airport and a woman's bag was checked and she tried to bring 2 whole hams over! As long as you put them into the luggage that goes into the hold, you'll be fine.

You should be fine taking them to the States, it's any kind of perishables that they're fussy about. A friend of mine worked in an airport and a woman's bag was checked and she tried to bring 2 whole hams over! As long as you put them into the luggage that goes into the hold, you'll be fine.

I don't get the ham thing? They do have pigs in the USA, even half decent ham.

Ok then, the CDC I go to mentioned just putting them in the suitcase and that is what I will do. I feel the USA. formula is goingto be strange and I'll be left with having to to make do with silks and velvets aka skimmed milk in oil .

Mrs E, don't get me started on how yummy that USA food can be...the person I am going to stay with is also on a 500 cal program which will help alot , last time it was impossible to attempt to diet while he was not and I usually gave in to the desire to eat.

This time round I just want it all 'so over'..I'll probably go back to the states over summer anyway , all the good eating opportunities will have to stay on hold.

Not to mention, I don't believe the US has CDCs unfortunately. We have to trust our own instincts or work with our GP to do the diet properly :).

Back