CD Bars.. Yes or no?

laurenmay

Gold Member
So the counsellor told me not to have more than 1 bar a day, and also not to have them everyday.. Do they produce slower weight loss results than the shakes, soups & porridge?

Im doing SS+, and today have chosen 4 CWD with 200ml skimmed milk.. was considering having 3 shakes and a bar, but worried I wouldn't have such good weight loss if I have the bar? Help!

laurenmay said:
So the counsellor told me not to have more than 1 bar a day, and also not to have them everyday.. Do they produce slower weight loss results than the shakes, soups & porridge?

Im doing SS+, and today have chosen 4 CWD with 200ml skimmed milk.. was considering having 3 shakes and a bar, but worried I wouldn't have such good weight loss if I have the bar? Help!

This is a touchy subject because its different for everyone. I could not not have bars and i have one every day! x

I Agree with the post above everyone is different but i have a bar every day too and my losses have been pretty decent couldnt cope without my treat every day =D

I have one every day & have had 2 a day some weeks in order to take medicine. It might have affected my weight loss but I'll never know & am happy with my losses. But, the bars can cause a laxative effect, hence the 1 a day & so make some people hungry or crave food after chewing. I couldn't have done this diet without them, they keep me sane.

I've taken what you all have said on board and am now tucking into a chocolate mint crunch bar with a cup of coffee :) to be honest.. This doesn't taste as nice as I expected!!

laurenmay said:
I've taken what you all have said on board and am now tucking into a chocolate mint crunch bar with a cup of coffee :) to be honest.. This doesn't taste as nice as I expected!!

I don't like any other bars apart from toffee and peanut! All the others leave a nasty taste in my mouth x

At first i did not like the mint bar now it is a joint favourite of mine with the peanut bar =)

laurenmay said:

Choc mint is lush! ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't like it :( really thought I would but was a bit too chewy and bland for me! But I love the chocolate mint shakes :)

Actually genuinely excited for my cappuccino shake tonight! Lol

laurenmay said:
I didn't like it :( really thought I would but was a bit too chewy and bland for me! But I love the chocolate mint shakes :)

Actually genuinely excited for my cappuccino shake tonight! Lol

i'm the same hate choc mint bars but love choc mint shakes lol x

My consultant won't let me have them for a while as she wants to see some good losses first. Quite happy to stick with her advice but I've been told they're nice :D

My consultant gave me two to try.. But after trying that one yesterday and hating it I think I'll stick to just shakes for the time being :)

It took me a while to get used to the bars but it's amazing how our taste buds change. I like all of the bars which is great as I like as much variety as I can.

I have a pack shake every morning then a tetra and a bar for lunch and evening as they are when I'm at work do the convenience of them is fab for me.
Can't pick a favourite one as I like them all :)
Like Yolande my losses have been pretty good even if I do say so myself so for me I don't think the bars have slowed me down x

angelupnorth said:
It took me a while to get used to the bars but it's amazing how our taste buds change. I like all of the bars which is great as I like as much variety as I can.

I have a pack shake every morning then a tetra and a bar for lunch and evening as they are when I'm at work do the convenience of them is fab for me.
Can't pick a favourite one as I like them all :)
Like Yolande my losses have been pretty good even if I do say so myself so for me I don't think the bars have slowed me down x

I only tried the chocolate mint crunch, so I'm hoping I may like some of the other flavours :) we'll see.. I have a few protein shakers around the house as my boyfriend is a keen gym nut & is forever drinking protein shakes! And I found their amazing at blending the packet shakes.. I took a sachet of cappuccino shake to work yesterday with my shaker, filled it with 227ml water then added the shake powder and shook for about 30 seconds and it was perfectly smooth with no lumps :) maybe you should invest in one to save you spending out on the tetras? As I think their more expensive aren't they?

I weighed this morning out of curiosity, and I'm 11st 12lbs which means I'm 7lbs lighter than my first weigh in Thursday evening :O I'm guessing it's mostly water weight but it's still an incentive to stick with it :) xx

Back