CD Newbie diary

Hi Nina thanks for your comments I'm glad my diary is helping people like yourself if I can do it anyone can lol there have been a few occasions on this diet that I have been really close to cheating literally having a piece of chicken at my lips just about to eat it but then I think I've come too far to spoil it now (100% ss for over a month) so ended up giving it to the dog ha ha. But it's definatly getting easier as I get closer to my goal and start fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a few yrs.

In relation to your slip ups we are all human and everyone has a different relationship with food, the main thing is that once you slip you don't write yourself off and put yourself down, you've shown by restarting that you have the determination to succeed and recognise the need for change. We are the masters of our own destiny and only we have the power to transform our lives. Focus on your goals and imagine how you will look and feel when your at your goal weight, imagine how your friends and family will look at you in a different light, and imagine the new confident you - only you can achieve your goals remember this whenever your tempted. You did fantastic doing ss for 2weeks why not try keeping a diary I find it helps me whenever I feel down or came close to eating it's nice to share it on here and get some support and without fail the little feeling of satisfaction that you get after almost cheating but deciding not too (in my case usually get this feeling after sulking for a few hours lol) is in my opinion a million times better than eating something which I don't need to eat as a short term fix that I'd beat myself up about for eating and feel miserable for ages after. I feel stronger after passing each little temptation almost like another test behind me and each time I pass a test my determination and will to continue increases.

I wish you all the best and look forward to keeping upto date with your fantastic losses

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Leon J. Suenes

Last edited:
Hi Greeva, just been reading your diary cos there's not many men around here haha! My OH is 21 and doing the diet with me. He has lost 2 and a half stone in 5 weeks so if he's anything to go by, the weight will be off you in no time. He's also a massive nufc fan ;) haha...

Hey Felix how's it going? Yeah I've noticed I'm the minority on here meeting loads of lovely ladies on here tho everyones really friendly, think I've only seen one other guy on here?!?

I'm a massive toon fan too (although live in Sheffield as moved down to move in with my fiancée 2yrs ago) I'm not sure how good an idea it is to follow Newcastle united on this diet they have me a nervous wreck ha ha almost drive me back to the beer to drown my sorrows ( when they sold Carroll) but then we draw 4-4 with arsenal and the world is a beautiful place again ..... Until Saturday lol

Fantastic diary really helpful to see the diet being done from a mans point of view too! Great losses! Keep up the good work! X

Haha that's so weird, I'm from Sheffield but my OH moved down to Leeds so we both live here now so not too far away! I know what you mean, I was gutted when it came out he put in a transfer request but he's out for the rest of the season cos of his injury so serves him right (I'm not usually that mean, I'm just bitter)
Do you ever manage to get to any matches? OH wants a season ticket but won't give Ashley his money (and I told him he lives too far away...lol)

We're all in it together!!

Hiya, im on day three at the moment, its been a really tough day, totally starving and feel lightheaded:newbie:
Any ideas as to when you go into Ketosis and not feel so hungry?? Thanks & keep going.....

Hi Felix last match I went to was man city on boxing day my fiancée bought me and my 2 yrs son tickets to take him to his first toon match it was great except I got to the ground 5 mins late and by the time we sat down found out we were losing 0-2 lol then to top it of Ethan fell asleep just after half time and missec our goal even when we scored the cheers didn't wake him. As far as Ashley goes believe it or not the ticket for my 2yr old son cost £27.50 can you believe it ?!? Total rip off charging prices lime that for under 5yr.

Hi saltygirl I cut out all carbs and booze and bad food the week before I started ss so I didn't struggle at all with hunger just drink loads of water it defiantly helps but generally by day 3-4 you should be in ketosis and feeling loads better. Good luck with it

Day 34 without my kinda food lol and still going well I had a black coffee whilst at a works conference yesterday and it made me feel hungry throughout the day which I didn't like to after alot of searching managed to find some nettel tea as a replacement I've had it before and its not bad and apparently a dieretic so think I'll have a cup now and then. It doesnt feel like I've lost much weight this week but does look like I'm shrinking in the mirror I'll find out exactly on Monday when I weigh in

Your doing fab my love!! I start my CD journey tomorrow...I am hoping to be as focused as you!! Go girl!

xxxx

Hi Greeva --

It is good that you listened to your body and when you realised that the coffee made you hungry, you found something that might work better for you.

Good Luck with the weigh in... but with all your hard work, I am sure luck is not needed.

MM

Last edited:
Hi weighed in this morning and wasnt great only lost 1lb which is crap seeing as what I've been losing so far I've been 100% ss no cheating but I'm being philosophical about the loss I've lost over 2 stone in just over 1 month lost loads of inches I've had great results so far so I'm not going to let one bad loss derail me. Everyday on this diet is a reward and I'm sure the weight loss will catch me back up. There was a little voice in my head saying sod it go and get a big tasty meal from mcdonalds seeing as I lost only 1 lb but that lasted for about 3mins and I easily talked myself out of it. So im still upbeat gonna try to up my water intake and maybe do abit more walking see if that helps - still positive and determined to keep going. Thats all for now folks

Well done for thinking positive :) my OH always has a big loss and then a tiny one. First week was 10lb then 2nd was 1lb then 10lb again but not sure why. It is 1lb in the right direction so keep it up!

Hi Greeva,

Good attitude. Your body doesn't know to drop the weight before your weigh in... you'd probably show a much larger drop in another day or so. And, a loss is a loss.

MM

You're right in saying your weight loss will catch up - it will, and when it does I'm sure you will be pleasantly shocked!

Well done at weighing up the positives...this diet is definitely worth it, but you know that. xx

Day 39 Hi heres an update of what I've been up to I went for a managers team lunch with work I had it planned in and spoke to my cd about it already agreed ok to have chicken and salad or green veg. So I had a modified Caesar salad asked for just the chicken and salad I chopped the chicken in to really small bits and really concentrated on chewing and taking my time. 25 mins later everyone had finished and was ready to leave to get back meeting I looked down at my plate and it looked like I hadn't even started it lol. So I was glad about that as would have been easy to wolf it down but was determined not to do that. I stuck to water despite the free meal and drinks paid for by the boss, and went back to the shakes for the nightime and have stuck to shakes and soups ever since. I was worried once I had food I'd start craving it but it really hasn't bothered me I've had no weight gain and am happy with that and have no plans to do this again inthe near future I've treated it as an add a meal day lol.I'm a bit disappointed that I felt I had to comply and eat along with the others especially when I didn't want it, even more annoying all the times iverely wanted to eat but haven't and when I do it's to satisfy others, I avoided it last month saying I had a dodgy tummy so I stayed at work while they went but didn't think I could fob them off again without raising questions. I'll beback soon with another update soon

Last edited:
Hey, dont let it worry you too much. Sometimes life gets in the way of the cambridge, but it sounds like you dealt with it amazingly. I'm glad it hasn't made you fall of the wagon, so well done!

Actually, Greeva -- It was good experience and you should find it reassuring that once you are no longer on CD you will be able to make good choices and control your portions to maintain your losses.

MM

Day 43 not much to report had my weigh in on mon and lost a few more lbs so I'm now 13st 7lbs dont think I've weighed that since I was a teenager. Struggling to keep up on my water consumption in the last few days so need to keep an eye on this. I've noticed weight loss is slowing down but definatley still shrinking and losing inches so still happy.

Last edited:
Back