CD Newbie diary

Its bound to slow down mate, but it's still coming off, and thats the main thing! stick with it, you'll probably start noticing more of a difference in your clothes now

Well Done Greeva!

How good it must feel to be at an all time adult low weight.

My DH now weighs the least he has in probably a decade. He said that the last five pounds he lost really made a difference in how he felt. He said that he longer feels as if he
lumbers" along - it wasn't age, but weight slowing him down.

MM

Ok day 49 and just a quick update still doing fine weighed in yesterday and lost another 3.7lbs so was happy with that I'm now 190lbs dead my current daily weightless is 0.8lbs a day and if I can maintain this ave daily loss I'm on track to hit my target weight by 4/4/11 just in time for my bday. I still haven't decided on a definate final weight I'm looking at between 11-12st depending on how i look as I've always been stocky and I'm losing some of that now I don't want to be really skinny I just want to get to a size that suits me so I'll see it when I get there hopefully in April.

Congrats and well done, Greeva. Of course, once you get to a good weight -- you can always add bulk by weight lifting. It's the manly way. ;)

MM

Hi Greeva - Life-long fitness!!!

How is your wife doing? She was on WW, right?

My DH is looking so fab, that people are asking him what he is doing. And, a few have started on South Beach. He is a good advert.

BTW -- South Beach is a very good diet for maintaining weightloss.

MM

Yeah she's doing well still on ww and has lost 29lbs compared to my 38lbs and we started orig on ss at the same time. So her losses are really good considering she's eating and having the odd treat. It's great your oh is doing so well I might look into south beach myself when I'm maintaining.

LOL --

Please tell your wife it is not a "Diet thing". It is a male verses female thing (more muscle, more calories burned). Suggest that she do some light weight lifting for toning and building muscle: it should up her BMR.

In the man vs woman thing: My DH has lost over 2 stone to my 1 and we started on January 2nd. and, is totally enjoying his lovely South Beach Meals!!! (Had whole wheat spaghetti with Italian Chicken the other night... spelled sooo good.)

Please look into it (the South Beach Diet) -- it is totally family friendly. Maintenance is Phase Three... it is more of a "eat this, not that" -- than a "don't eat" plan.

MM

Day 56 and not much to report still going on ss curt weight is 186.7lbs so still going down trying to get as low as I can before aam week which starts on 4/4 2 days before my bday :) that's all for now sure I'll be back soon to get some ideas for aam week - hope everyones well

Hi Greevea,

Glad to see that you are still managing... I'll be when you first started you had no idea that you'd do so well so fast. Congrats.

MM

Had weigh in on Monday and I'm currently 180lbs so that's almost 50lbs lost since 10/01/11 this is an awesome diet so glad I started it and haven't looked back each day that passed it got easier, yes there were times I wanted to eat and it drove me mad but they were usually social occasions that ive detailed in this diary for all to see. When I started this diary I was 228lbs and couldn't imagine I'd lose this much weight I've seen my mam and sister (who live in Newcastle) for the 1st time since I started cd and they couldn't believe how much weight I lost, I think once you hit 3 stone loss people really start noticing which is nice abit of a pat on the back. I've got my CDC coming tonight to drop off my supplies and I intend to discuss aam I think I'm ready to jump up the plans soon don't think I will need full 12 weeks on ss as I have readjusted my target weight to 170 which is only 10lbs off I think at 170 I will look nice then I need to start with healthy introduction to food but I can't wait to be honest. I never want to get that big again I don't intend to ban any food but I do plan on changing my lifestyle I've gone this long with no alcohol, crisps, chocolate, etc etc so everything in moderation, diet and healthy eating is my future goals. To anyone decidingif they should start cd like I was back in dec 2010 just do it- yes you may fail, yes you may cheat, yes you will hate the diet at times, yes your social life will suffer, but if you want to change enough you will stick with it and come out the other side a ahdnew person. I started this diet with my fiancée it didn't suit her she went back to w/w and has had great losses (only 14lbs loss less than me 100% ss she's on w/ws points) but it worked for me andfrom day 1 I said if I can't see this through for just 12weeks then I mustn't want to change that much, everyones different but on the whole i can look back and say I've kinda enjoyed the diet and was worth it. I'll be back soon good luck everyone !

Wow 50lb lost!!!! Amazing :) well done and good luck with the last few lb's. Make sure you move up the plans to re-introduce yourself to food. I bet you feel so much better for it :D

Congrats Greeva to both you and your OH! You have done so well.

Good luck on losing the last little bit and maintaining.

MM

Spoke to my CDC last nightand decided to stay on ss for full 12 weeks to get as low as possible to allow for when I restart eating my glycogen stores to refill and take that weight into consideration so I'm ss for 2 more weeks then stepping up to 810plan on 04/04 then up the steps accordingly.

Sounds like good advice. MM

Wow - well done you, I've really enjoyed ready your diary, you are right on so many counts, I started (well re-started) on the 1st Feb and have been mucking about will it a couple of times but have lost 21lbs, your attitude with regard to the 12 weeks is completely right. Well done you again and well done your fiancee, I can't do ww as I find it requires more will power than CD, you just can't have it on CD where as the temptation is always there on ww for me, all power to her. xx

Ok quick update I had a bad day today I was watching tv and at first I thought I felt hungry that then turned into feeling sick so thought I'd go to toilet just incase but by the time I got to the toilet I became really dizzy and I have never felt like that before my legs gave way and I slumped against the wall and my vision went weird I literally started going blind everything was slowly going black Carla my missus (a nurse) took me into the bedroom to lie down and as I walked through my legs were weak and my vision was still really bad hard to explain but it's like I was looking through some psychedelic glasses. I had my feet put up and had some water as I laid down and within 15mins felt better. It scared me abit and this is the 1st time anything negatives happened to me on the diet but I've took this as a sign that my body might be telling me enoughs is enough so I'm going to speak to my CDC about going on 810 so I'm only going to be a week ahead so no major drama, and just look to move up the plans ahead of schedule hopefully I'll continue with my weightloss but with the upside of being able to increase my excercise.

Last edited:
Hi Greeva,

Good idea. I think this is a bit of a worry. Maybe you should talk to our GP, too.

MM

Hi all after speaking to my CDC we decided to go on 810 so started that yesterday had my 3cd meals then chicken breast and veg for dinner, tonight I had tuna steak and salad which was really nice. Tried to get some zero fat natural yoghurt while at work but only a tesco metro near work and all they had was zero fat Greek yoghurt which I'm sure I read somewhere not to have as it's got high sugar content?!? So ended up skipping my milk/yoghurt allowance 2days running I'm too used to black coffee now tried it with some semi skimmed milk in coffe today and wasn't keen. Checked my weight and obviously weight has crept up by 3lbs in last 2days so abit worried about that hope mh body sorts that out soon I'm hoping it was just the fact that I had something on my stomach.

Back