CD Newbie

Hi David and good luck with your diet :) xx

Thanks to everyone who responded to my first post. :)

Well, I drank my first shake about 30 mins. ago and it tasted ok. If my stomach starts to gurgle, then I'm only a foot away from the water cooler at work. I know it's early days, but I'm pretty determined to make this work.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi David, Great advice from all on here, the weight will fly off!

Head down, eyes on the prize, and take it easy for the first few days x

Hello and Welcome to Minimins David.

Glad to here you are only a few steps away from the water cooler while you are at work - :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: is your best friend while on CD ;).

Good luck with day 1 - the first week can be really tough but if you can get your head down and power through it then the results you will see will be well worth it.

Minimins is a fantastic community packed with people that are going through the same thing as you and I hope you will keep popping in to see us :).

Hi David,

Good Luck, I am going through the beginning stages again as cheated last week so know how ur feeling. Empty tummy this morning for me!! But on litre number 2.5 so fingers crossed I will get thru it soon.

xxx

Hi David

Just wondered how you were at the end of Day 1 and how you've found it.

Georgie
x

Hi, Georgie,

Well, the first day wasn't too bad, to be honest. Of course, it took a bit of getting used to and I did feel peckish for a lot of the time, but I think I managed ok. I think I must have drunk at least three litres of water, so that certainly helped.

So, all in all, I don't feel too bad.:)

That's excellent, you'll be at the end of the first week before you know it!

Georgie
x

Hi David,

My thoughts are with you, congratulations on starting, you won't regret it but take it easy for the first week and keep your mind occupied, after the first week you'll feel on top of the world and better & healthier than you have ever been - I did anyway. Keep posting and best wishes

Dawn xx

Thanks Dawn,

I'm feeling pretty determined to make a go of this. As well as your good self and the other folks on this forum, my girlfriend's been very supportive, so I know that I can make it.

I think it helps that I usually just drink water anyway. I'm tee -total and have never acquired a taste of either tea or coffee. I used to drink fizzy pop, but it started to play havoc with my digestive system.

All the best.

Hi again David, well u certainly have an advantage that you already drink water and are not a tea/coffee etc addict like I was, lol I think I made things very difficult for myself when I first started because I had caffeine withdrawal as well which wasn't pleasant (couldn't mange tea without milk - so gave it up altogether). I'm fine now. Let us know how you get on today

Dawn xx

Well, I'm now on day three and everything seems ok. However, there's one thing that puzzles me slightly. I tested my water this morning using one of the ketostix given to me by my counsellor, but, for some reason, the strip is showing up as a relatively darkish purple colour. Now, I've been following the diet to the letter so far and have been drinking at least three litres of water every day, so I'm not sure why I don't appear to be in ketosis. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi David,

I am on day 3 too - well done for sticking with it, I am drinking lots of water too and finding that is helping me. I thought the dark purple meant you were in ketosis? One of the others should be able to help but I would like to know too.

Good luck today.

dark purple can mean dehydration did you test first thing this morning ,have some water then test later it should go a pale pink

Well, I've just had a look at a website, and I'm slightly confused. Because as Nicola was suggesting earlier, it says that the darker purple the strip, the more ketones you have. I did check first thing this morning before I had my first drink of water, so maybe I should check later on in the day instead, perhaps before I go to bed.

I dont use the sticks, but they would be dark purple for your first wee as you have gone 8 hours ish without a drink so you are a bit dehydrated. I would perhaps use them for your second wee of the day after you have had a drink. By bedtime the ketones would be weaker as you have been drinking water all day.

Back