CD Newbie

Hi David!

I'm on day 2!

Advised I need to drink 6 litres of water a day! plus teas, coffees and shakes!

How much have you got to lose?

Thanks for that. It's just astonishing how much contradictory information appears to be on the internet. I've just been looking at two websites and they say completely different things. One says that the strip should be purple; the other that it should be pink.

Hi, Luke,

Just over two stone to lose. 31 lbs to be exact. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I think it's important for my health that I do this. I only used to drink water before the diet anyway, so it's not such a shock to the system for me to be drinking so much.

I bet I lose 2 stone before you do! haha

Hi David

I think that as long as the the stick changes colour whether it be light pink or dark you are in ketosis the only reason for the change in the depth of colour is how hydrated you are at the time of the test.

Hope this helps.

Gx

Thanks for that. It's just astonishing how much contradictory information appears to be on the internet. I've just been looking at two websites and they say completely different things. One says that the strip should be purple; the other that it should be pink.

Hi David :)

The slightest colour changes in the stick means you are in ketosis. Ideally it should not be too dark - the reason being is this is a sign you are dehydrated. However if it is first think in the morning then they are usually darker so it's not a worry. Be aware also that if you test after you've drank lots of water then the ketones will be very diluted and may not show on your sticks. I'd try and up your water so you're having 4 litres a day if you can :) I know it sounds a lot but you'll soon get used to it.

Thanks for that, Kath.

Well, at the moment, I'm feeling pretty miserable and discouraged. I'm drinking so much water, yet feeling permanently famished. It certainly wasn't as bad as this the first two days.:sigh:

Thanks for that, Kath.

Well, at the moment, I'm feeling pretty miserable and discouraged. I'm drinking so much water, yet feeling permanently famished. It certainly wasn't as bad as this the first two days.:sigh:

David are you on day 3? I think Day 3 is the hardest. Hang in there, I really really promise it will get better - honestly it's so worth it, you'll soon have that weight off.

Thanks, Kath, I really hope you're right. Yes, I'm on day three. Personally, I couldn't care less what colour the ketostix is, it's feeling permanently hungry that I can't stand. I mean, during the first two days, I certainly had bouts of hunger, but nothing quite as persistent as this. And I've already drunk even more water than I did yesterday.

I'm sure I can hang on in there. I mean, I'm so bloody-minded. :)

David, hang in there hun. You'll soon start to feel loads better. Why not try a mug of warm water? Somehow I find it strangely comforting :rolleyes: and it seems to fill me up more. Feels like I've had something to eat - purely phychological I know, but it works for me.
x

Thanks, Kath, I really hope you're right. Yes, I'm on day three. Personally, I couldn't care less what colour the ketostix is, it's feeling permanently hungry that I can't stand. I mean, during the first two days, I certainly had bouts of hunger, but nothing quite as persistent as this. And I've already drunk even more water than I did yesterday.

I'm sure I can hang on in there. I mean, I'm so bloody-minded. :)

David how do you have your packs? A good way to do it is to split them. There are 40grams in a pack so you can weigh out 20 grams and have half a pack at a time. That way you'll get 8 half packs spread out through the day - this is how I do it and it's a lifesaver. I also really reccommend the mix a mousse - eating something with a spoon is just so satisfying :)

Well, I have two of those cartons when I'm at work (because it's simply not practical to prepare the packs here), and two packs when I get home. It's not so bad in the evenings, but trying to get through a work day on just two tiny cartons is absolute hell.

Well, I have two of those cartons when I'm at work (because it's simply not practical to prepare the packs here), and two packs when I get home. It's not so bad in the evenings, but trying to get through a work day on just two tiny cartons is absolute hell.

I know, it's a mare isn't it :( Can you pour them into a big mug and top up with hot water or is that not practical?

No, that's not really possible, I'm afraid. Oh well, if I get through today then that's ok, but a few more days of this and I just will not be able to handle it.

No, that's not really possible, I'm afraid. Oh well, if I get through today then that's ok, but a few more days of this and I just will not be able to handle it.

Come on you can do it - keep positive. Tell yourself you will do it. It's not forever, just a few weeks.

The other thing you could do is switch to the 790 plan. You have 3 packs a day and a meal, check out the 790 thread on here. I've got lots of clients on 790 and find they do really really well on it :)

Well, I'll stick at it for the remainder of my week's supply, and if I'm still feeling as bad as this, then I'll seriously consider going on the 790.

Well, I'll stick at it for the remainder of my week's supply, and if I'm still feeling as bad as this, then I'll seriously consider going on the 790.

Yes that's a good plan :)

There's really not much difference between the losses of sole source and 790 so don't let that put you off. Sole source isn't for everyone, I prefer it but not everyone does :)

Hey David,

Just a little thought for me ..... why not try a pack before work 2 tetras at work and one pack in evening. Might help you through your day??

Just an idea?! :D

That's a thought. My only worry is that I do leave for work very early in the morning, so I have to wake up at about 6. Still sounds worth a try, though. Many thanks. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!! I just think a pack before work will see you on longer into the morning, then maybe a tera at 10-11 and another at 2-3 and a pack when you get home for din dins!!!!

Don't know about anyone else, but by the time I get home I'm not really interested in my 3rd pack - kinda have to force it down!! Here's hoping this slightly adjusted approach works for you too!
xx

Back